Cities XL 2012 unveiled with images!

Moderator: Focus Team

babfromfocus

Cities XL 2012 unveiled with images!

Postby babfromfocus » 13 July 2011, 09:15

We are pleased to unveil the first images of Cities XL 2012, the newest version of the popular PC City Builder, which allows you to build, develop and then connect huge cities.

Cities XL 2012 allows players to become real urban planners, whom must find the right balance between economic & energy developments of their cities, transportation, housing, social services or leisure activities. The focus of this 2012 version was placed on the content, as Cities XL 2012 will offer a staggering number of nearly 1,000 different buildings and constructions.

Added to this, are 60 huge 3D maps entirely constructible, incredibly detailed and varied. Cities XL 2012 with its large content, will offer immense opportunities and combinations of constructions never seen before in a City Builder. At the request of the gaming community which is growing more and more, Cities XL 2012 finally opens itself to modding through a special guide given with the game, and thanks to adapted tools, allowing the creative minds to build and share content for Cities XL.

We invite you to discover without delay the very first images of Cities XL 2012 that reveal some of the new environments and types of construction. A lost oasis in the middle of the harsh desert, the Cayman Islands, Lake Powell and many others are some of the new playgrounds on which you will get to build ever-more gigantic and rich cities : typic buildings from mountain townships or seaside resorts, but also a much bigger variety among all the building types of the game!
Cities XL 2012 will be available in October 2011 as a full version. Note that the game will be fully compatible with the 2011 version and that the numerous owners of Cities XL 2011 will be able to upgrade their game by downloading a special version at a discount price.

View the images

MR.sugar

Re: Cities XL 2012 unveiled with images!

Postby MR.sugar » 13 July 2011, 11:39

I'm happy about the modding tools, but that's it. I hope we can also expect some brand new major features add to the game.

Also, are you actually implementing Ski/Beach GEMS or just it's buildings?

zekaratas

Postby zekaratas » 13 July 2011, 12:01

I hope That new game will be wonderful but ı' d like to learn ; will new game have a global language pack? for example Turkish ?????? if it's possible for you we'll be very very very happyyyyyyy :D :D :D :D

jscrgaming

Postby jscrgaming » 13 July 2011, 12:51

the modding tool sound mint, please can we have more on that? Also will you make a site like ST for use to share our contents?
Just another Cities XL Player, Playing Cities XL and updating his City Journal

Frode789

Postby Frode789 » 13 July 2011, 13:04

I just hope we get lots of improvements in the traffic related area. (interchanges, railways etc)

steveoo

Postby steveoo » 13 July 2011, 14:18

Sounds exciting, I hope we can finally enjoy working trains and above ground stations...so far no mention of that. :ugeek:

snick25
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support

Postby snick25 » 13 July 2011, 15:47

I am VERY glad to hear about the modding tools. As far as I'm concerned, that's the most important thing. If we have these tools, users will hopefully be able to add an assortment of new transport features, buildings, etc. and possibly even fix some of the bugs the game has.

I believe this franchise is moving in the right direction.

astrodude1

Postby astrodude1 » 13 July 2011, 21:16

I'm super-excited to see the new game coming, but there are some bad stuff from the previous games that I would like to see being changed. Here are some tips on what you can fix until the new game comes out on market:

1. the cars and trucks on the roads would preferably not look like small, grey boxes in outzoom (without having to install the mod that fixes that)...

2. a bigger variety of farm-fields would be good...

3. if you could lower the maintenance costs of bridges just slightly, that would be great!

4. also, as other people has mentioned in the threads above, include ground level trains please (for both freight and passenger purposes maybe?)...

5. currently, in the 2011-version, boats at harbors are just standing still. If you could make them dock/undock and sail in and out of the maps, that would be azoum... :)

astrodude1
Last edited by astrodude1 on 15 August 2011, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

mcsnetworks

Postby mcsnetworks » 13 July 2011, 21:53

Can we get some specifics on the engine changes?

Has multi-core support been added? If it hasn't it will still be very slow.

perseco

Postby perseco » 14 July 2011, 00:16

mcsnetworks wrote:Can we get some specifics on the engine changes?

Has multi-core support been added? If it hasn't it will still be very slow.

Agreed... that will make or break my decision to buy or upgrade the game. It is just too unplayable in the later stages of the game due to performance problems. Multi-core support is a MUST.

Return to “News”