Cities XL 2012 unveiled with images!

Moderator: Focus Team

El L.A.V.

Re: Cities XL 2012 unveiled with images!

Postby El L.A.V. » 14 August 2011, 18:24

Okay, so on the first post they mention something about building mods. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does that mean that we will get the opportunity to build different structures from scratch? It's too early to be able to tell what we will be able to do with the new modding tools but it sounds good.
Guess who's back??
Any game can be made better by allowing users to mod. Thanks to all modders for helping make CXL a better game.
Also I speak fluent English (of course) and Spanish, so if a translation is needed feel free to tell me.

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 14 August 2011, 19:21

We have not yet been told what the capability of the modding tools is.

Lakenstaken

Postby Lakenstaken » 15 August 2011, 12:43

El L.A.V. wrote:Okay, so on the first post they mention something about building mods. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does that mean that we will get the opportunity to build different structures from scratch? It's too early to be able to tell what we will be able to do with the new modding tools but it sounds good.

Well if they don't give us that among modding tools, I don't know what they are thinking, so yes they "have" to do that. Anyway you never know with Focus so I'll wait to hear everything about the game (sorry expansion... patch) before i even consider buying it.

Evergreen

Postby Evergreen » 16 August 2011, 02:01

Lakenstaken wrote:
El L.A.V. wrote:Okay, so on the first post they mention something about building mods. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does that mean that we will get the opportunity to build different structures from scratch? It's too early to be able to tell what we will be able to do with the new modding tools but it sounds good.

Well if they don't give us that among modding tools, I don't know what they are thinking, so yes they "have" to do that. Anyway you never know with Focus so I'll wait to hear everything about the game (sorry expansion... patch) before i even consider buying it.

Hey ... Lakenstaken , sorry to say ... you're great in modding on SC 4 ( respect ) but ... you're only here to complain ....so what's the problem ? :?

I mean if you don't like this game ( that's all there is ) why do you always return to it .... stick by SC 4 ....or help us with your skills ( like Pharmist ) .....

you know ... The NAM team ;)

hebl

Postby hebl » 16 August 2011, 16:30

I really don't wanna be a spoilsport, but the three pics make clear to me, that it is probably the same engine as CXL 2011. So a nice clear answer from devs whether the game will have multi CPU support and whether all memory leaks and similar problems have been resolved would really be appreciated.
Sure, new content is nice and welcome, but that's what add-ons are for. A new game suggests major improvement to the game engine as well.
Modding tools are really welcome, I hope that they will include more than just creating new buildings models (or ability to import from other programs like 3Ds Max, Maya, Blender etc.). I'd really love to see a whole mod explosion like with SC4, where modders created new roads, highways, railways, wall and tons of other stuff, most of which wasn't just eye-candy, but had actual functionality.

MrJeffrey2012

Postby MrJeffrey2012 » 19 August 2011, 04:05

I enjoy Cities XL 2011, and the background graphics are the best Ive ever seen. In game play, Ive noticed there are some things lacking though. Being able to add your own types of buildings and stores, and advertisements by importing images would be really awesome. I'd love to be able to place a Best Buy in my city, or real places to make it more real. The people walking around are kind of rough as well. I was really impressed by the water, graphics, mountains, terrain etc. It would be awesome to customize the types of trees, snow, weather, and change the land like you can in cities in motion. Finally, The road signs are lacking very much so, and inaccurate to american roads. The Expressway sign that appears when you connect to Omnicorp is unlike reality, you don't see that on regular roads, and it would be cool to change the names of the roads on the signs, and make up road signs, stop signs, yeild signs that you would normally see. Also, being able to customize your own on and off way ramps instead of the set way they are in 2011. Overall, this is a really cool game, and I will be excited to see what 2012 has in store.

diScOpOlis

Postby diScOpOlis » 19 August 2011, 07:07

MrJeffrey2012 wrote:I enjoy Cities XL 2011, and the background graphics are the best Ive ever seen. In game play, Ive noticed there are some things lacking though. Being able to add your own types of buildings and stores, and advertisements by importing images would be really awesome. I'd love to be able to place a Best Buy in my city, or real places to make it more real. The people walking around are kind of rough as well. I was really impressed by the water, graphics, mountains, terrain etc. It would be awesome to customize the types of trees, snow, weather, and change the land like you can in cities in motion. Finally, The road signs are lacking very much so, and inaccurate to american roads. The Expressway sign that appears when you connect to Omnicorp is unlike reality, you don't see that on regular roads, and it would be cool to change the names of the roads on the signs, and make up road signs, stop signs, yeild signs that you would normally see. Also, being able to customize your own on and off way ramps instead of the set way they are in 2011. Overall, this is a really cool game, and I will be excited to see what 2012 has in store.

I like your positive criticism, you don't see that a lot these days :P

Anyway, if you're still playing CXL 2011 at the moment, I would like to invite you to the modding index http://forum.citiesxl.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=644

There you can download loads of custom content (of what is currently possible), concernings loads of new trees, cars, boats, trains, decoration textures, farms, road styles, some buildings,...

Have fun!
Become part of the best CXL-community website: http://www.xlnation.net

Visit my Youtube Video Channel and learn more about CXL and It's great mods at diScOpOlisCXLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/diScOpOlisCXL?feature=mhee

lonewolf1044

Postby lonewolf1044 » 28 August 2011, 01:01

mcsnetworks wrote:Can we get some specifics on the engine changes?

Has multi-core support been added? If it hasn't it will still be very slow.

Thanks for bringing that up because that is one of my concerns also being Multi-core has saturated the market and it is time to take advantage of the technology that it offers and I am wondering about DX11 support as well.

tiagopereira

Postby tiagopereira » 28 August 2011, 18:50

I'm a SimCity player since SimCity2000 to SimCity4. I've hated the SimCity Societies and now I've discovered your game, CitiesXL2011.
It's a very nice game and made me forget SimCity 4.
I like all the game features but it's weak in the transportation system. But you have a game dedicated to the transports.
I think it would be a lot nicer if you can join the two games in one where the player will have all known train types, metro, roads, highways, etc.
If you do that you'll be closer to SimCity in the variety of transports and a lot ahead SimCity in general.
Think about that in a patch to CitiesXL2012 and as integrated feature in a future CitiesXL2013.
Improve your game, I'll be a great customer.
Thank you for your very good game.

Romaq

Postby Romaq » 31 August 2011, 19:14

Evergreen wrote:...you know ... The NAM team ;)

I'm playing CititesXL 2011 off Steam. I couldn't reinstall the game when I purchased a new computer. I would SO FREAKIN' LOVE it if modders had access to 'custom round-a-bouts/ transit-connectors'. I tried going the 'custom highway' route offered by using one-way great avenues, but bridge building for over-passes and off ramps as 'intersections' are driving me crazy. I'm still trying to find my zone within CitiesXL 2011 before I give up and go back to SC4 despite the decade old limitations.

My hope for CXL 2012 is that things like custom transit 'puzzle pieces' are possible, so things like the NAM are more easily done. I do not want an 'intersection' off-ramp, I want an off-ramp! I don't want to have to putz around with bridges to make an overpass.

Or *construction* pieces that are realistically cheap, don't provide anything, but take up space for future plans. Let me drop down space for a major airport so I can plan and build around it, then make an actual purchase of the thing when my city is ready instead of having to rip up a neighborhood when I had no idea how big a space I would need to set aside.

Freight Trains, Elevated trains. I saw Cities in Motion, and I'm thinking WHAT THE HELL! I see SimPeg's "SPAM" (http://www.simpeg.com/forum/index.php?board=116.0) and how SC4 is still being pumped the the NAM and work on SimTrop. CitiesXL could be so great if the Dev Team allowed the freedom to be creative with really important things like transit pathing and so on.

And maps... why should I have to destroy one CitiesXL map just to try out a map someone else created? Map slots need to be opened WAY more than how they currently have that set. I'm anxious to try out some custom maps, but not at the price of destroying an existing map. That's just crazy! CXL 2012 must come up with a better plan to *allow* success.

Return to “News”