Cities XL 2012 unveiled with images!

Moderator: Focus Team

Boyzinblue

Re: Cities XL 2012 unveiled with images!

Postby Boyzinblue » 01 September 2011, 20:17

This game needs expansion packs instead of a new version every year that isnt even worth the time or money they could of easily have put modding tools and the new buildings in an expansion. But no that want us to pay the price of whole new game why is it always about money? If developers what us to buy their products they need to listen to what we want and like not just what will make some profit.

This game has great potential that has been going to waste

what i would like to see:
weather cycle
natural disasters or even fires what happened to those?
more realism this game is not very fun its always about make the people happy but its not realistic at all for such a small area and population to require so much it just ruins the game i dont know how you can make it in this game without cheats.
It would be great if the city was actually alive! like accidents maybe some animations emergency vehicles driving to incidents

The game looks great but thats it its just a nice picture you admire from a distance not something you can truely interact with.

Dear focus home interactive,

I would rather you take another year or 2 and develop a real and worthy city simulation game and stop releasing things like this.

sincerely your
valued consumer

Edit - Elmo: Please use forum-friendly language.

zarafet

Postby zarafet » 03 September 2011, 23:11

What I really want to see are building with many more options. I also want to be able to name streets and zone districts so they can be named based on their function. For example, in LA there is a financial district etc. It needs to give the player more of a personalization option where every detail down to the street names can be provided, and perhaps when clicking on the street, the name will appear instead of the type of road it is.

Addresses should autopopulate based on the steet name and there should be a GPS built in where we can take a trip by car, rail, or bus from point A to point B, to have a street view of issues such as traffic.

For Terraforming, I want to be able to pull islands out of the sea and lift terrain instead of just level it, and possible choose a terrain building tool with a "water"option so our "holes" can fill with water, as if creating a pond, river or lake.

I think it would be a great idea if we can create our own continents and build on top of them.

This may be time consuming, so I understand why its not available.

I must admit that CitiesXL is the best of the cities games so far, but in order to be the most complete city builder game, we need more life like changes.

diScOpOlis

Postby diScOpOlis » 04 September 2011, 15:50

Welcome to the forums Zarafet :)

I completely agree with ally our fantastic ideas, I hope someday it will come true :P
Become part of the best CXL-community website: http://www.xlnation.net

Visit my Youtube Video Channel and learn more about CXL and It's great mods at diScOpOlisCXLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/diScOpOlisCXL?feature=mhee

Klambaerk

Postby Klambaerk » 04 September 2011, 23:05

Racetracks.
Some SAM like gravel roads would also be great for my hills, the Farm Roads in '11 just don't say Rally.

Great game mind you but Christ it's slow. My PC is build for web and Info Devel so not great for games but even still there has to be much better ways of architecting the game engine because it just shouldn't slow down like it does.

and Racetracks.
and why not have a set of field filler decorations like the plazas but for each one you place if theirs room it fits in a sports field.
Could count for leisure too.

Klambaerk

Postby Klambaerk » 04 September 2011, 23:07

Just read up to Zarafet's post.
Dude, you have some rad ideas there, the sorta stuff I think of when I play it.
Just had to get first things first out in the above post.

zarafet

Postby zarafet » 12 September 2011, 07:59

Thanks for your compliments guys. We all have great ideas, I hope the devs are actually reading our suggestions.

walker29

Postby walker29 » 17 September 2011, 00:16

Won't be buying this, 2011 was a waste of money, Don't expect this to be any better.

Klambaerk

Postby Klambaerk » 28 September 2011, 22:42

Cheers for the update, Walker. Very constructive.

MR.sugar

Postby MR.sugar » 02 October 2011, 17:47

Klambaerk wrote:Cheers for the update, Walker. Very constructive.

It is constructive, he seems to be another person who most likely won't buy the game. This is signal for Focus that they are doing something wrong...

This forum is strange. Any negative comment is not constructive. Where we are shouting for new features, it's not constructive as well, because nobody listen to it/read it anyway.

soltan gris

Postby soltan gris » 02 October 2011, 18:59

This forum is strange. Any negative comment is not constructive. Where we are shouting for new features, it's not constructive as well, because nobody listen to it/read it anyway.

It's not constructive when you repeat it 100 times. You don't introduce any new information, other than that you're annoying. And it's even less constructive when you drop in after every positive comment to repeat your negative one, again without new information.

Return to “News”