Cities XL 2012 unveils new images!

Moderator: Focus Team

MR.sugar

Re: Cities XL 2012 unveils new images!

Postby MR.sugar » 03 September 2011, 16:36

ohadi195 wrote:Guys come on, it's only screenshots! let's get some prespectives since none of us can predict the new features of Cities XL2012 before playing it.

The point of these updates should be to give us the idea what the game will be like. Or what's the purpose of the updates in your opinion? We shouldn't predict features but we should know them before we buy the game...

snick25
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support

Postby snick25 » 03 September 2011, 17:11

ohadi195 wrote:Guys come on, it's only screenshots! let's get some prespectives since none of us can predict the new features of Cities XL2012 before playing it.

I agree with MR.sugar on this one... we all should be able to see what the game will contain before we buy it; it's just common sense.

However, I also think that FHI will give us more information as the time for release draws nearer. They are releasing information very slowly, but at least they aren't giving us false promises.

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 03 September 2011, 17:24

I am sure that at the point the game goes on sale, we will know what it contains.

If for any reason that isn't the case, don't buy it and wait for a review in the forum.

I would hope that even if Focus don't share many specifics, a moderator will get the game quickly and post more detail.

Appreciate that might not be an ideal solution, but let's be clear - there is plenty of time yet for a final list of features to be shared, so please let's all be patient.

snick25

Postby snick25 » 04 September 2011, 01:07

Ok... I did a bit of detective work and scrutinized each and every single new screen that FHI released yesterday. After doing so, I made some interesting observations.

Now, I'm not sure if this is an appropriate place to post this, but since the 2012 thread is locked, I see no other alternative. So, I'll post some images I made notes on. If a mod wants to move these images to the 2012 thread when it's unlocked, then by all means, go ahead. ;)

Anyway, here they are, with everything new or interesting I found marked in red:

Please note that anything on there is a guess, and may not be in the game. Until FHI releases more information, everything is a speculation.

I hope you found this interesting. ;)

dimebag41

Postby dimebag41 » 04 September 2011, 02:32

Hey take it easy on Focus I'm sure they are doing the best they can with what they have besides, they are trying to make a good working city simulator unlike anyone else. Being a long time fan of the city builders I am excited that someone is even trying. Sure it may not have certain simple things such as railroads and whatever else such as the gems and things alike but Focus took over Monte Cristo after bankruptcy because they wanted to improve this game and make it workable because there is so much potential. Be patient and i think it will all come together. If you think about it this is Focus first Cities XL game made from them and not borrowed from Cristo so give them credit.

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 04 September 2011, 09:50

Thanks Snick.

That's some great detective work. :D

veija2

Postby veija2 » 04 September 2011, 12:30

I agree. it will be fun to have modding and new buildings, but what about other issues that hamper playing? Any changes to transportation? Can I resize the menus that are always in the way? Why isn't there a tool bar to keep things out of the way?

I don't know the price of the new release, so I can't say yet if I'm buying or not. But I'm certainly not excited yet.

TheNextGeneration wrote:They need to make a "Cities XL 2011 vs. Cities XL 2012" video for me, because I want to see if they actually fixed memory leaks.

If not, I'm not buying.
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. -- Arthur Ashe

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 04 September 2011, 12:40

Hey veija - I love your avatar.

I agree - price will be key to this release.

Kitsunebi

Postby Kitsunebi » 04 September 2011, 16:24

I know one of these new buildings: it's the Osaka Umeda Sky Building in - well Osaka, Japan :roll:

... quoth the raven NEVERMORE.

snick25

Postby snick25 » 04 September 2011, 16:27

mr-tom wrote:Thanks Snick.

That's some great detective work. :D

Thanks. :)

And nice job Kitsunebi! We now know at least one of the new buildings. ;)

Return to “News”