Cities XL 2012 unveils new images!

Moderator: Focus Team

diScOpOlis

Re: Cities XL 2012 unveils new images!

Postby diScOpOlis » 04 September 2011, 17:01

Hey Focus,

Can you provide us with some news about upcoming updates we can expect before CXL 2012 launches?
Thanks
Become part of the best CXL-community website: http://www.xlnation.net

Visit my Youtube Video Channel and learn more about CXL and It's great mods at diScOpOlisCXLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/diScOpOlisCXL?feature=mhee

xooxle6

Postby xooxle6 » 05 September 2011, 12:16

that spiral looked building, is this the one in istanbul?

snick25
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support

Postby snick25 » 06 September 2011, 23:07

Guys, I have found something interesting. Remember that "strange black blob" that was in this picture?

Well, as it turns out, the "blob" is probably a real disc-shaped office building in Abu Dhabi, UAE.

Just look:

Do you see the resemblance? I certainly do.

Here's another picture and also a video of the building:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K9oUtVWmxE

Already another of Abu Dhabi's landmarks, Aldar Headquarters is the most distinctive building in the 11km long Al Raha Beach development. The 120 metre tall structure is the first disk-shaped office building in the world and is destined to become one of the region's most notable pieces of modern architecture.

ohadi195

Postby ohadi195 » 06 September 2011, 23:38

@snick25 very nice research. seems like it is inspired by this Abu Dabi's disk building..

MetroBlu

Postby MetroBlu » 09 September 2011, 02:19

CXL 2012 looks kinda similar to 2011 version. What would make cxl 2012 untouchable would be a "neighborhood option". Basically, we should be able to click and drag to highlight certain parts of a city in order to make a neighborhood. This way, instead of having one long stretch of buildings and streets over and over and over again, at least youll have distinct sections of the city because theyre highligted (you can turn this option on and off). Also (I'm a simcity man. I recently hopped on to CXL) Simcity 4 had the option to name your streets. Yup, you could also name masses of land, bodies of water, it even allowed you to name train and subway stations. And airports too. If cities xl 2012 comes with this option, and not only that, but the option of looking at a roadmap of your city with the streets that You named and the neighboorhoods that You named and a map of the public transport system that You created... this game would be untouchable.
The last cxl i played was 2011 and it was a tease because the computer I was using didn't have the updated graphics. In other words while everyone else was eating Lucky Charms, I was eating a bowl of oats. I still enjoyed it though, and I can't wait to see what cxl 2012 has to offer :geek:

Rome101

Postby Rome101 » 09 September 2011, 15:56

First of all, MetroBlu, welcome to hour humble forums :)

Now, I completley agree with what you said, but there's just one thing I'd like to say to make you feel better:
I'm running this game on a superclocked GTX570, 4GB of RAM with Windows 7 64-bit, and an E8400 overclocked to 4GHz... and I still can't see the entire graphical beauty of the game. The models are ALWAYS on low settings and the cars are usually black boxes, if not from the get-go than 30 minutes afterwards.
And it's STILL laggy. There are serious memory leaks and if CXL2012 would fix those that'll be great (though I doubt it will).

theterminizer

Postby theterminizer » 11 September 2011, 16:25

Less pictures and more features, please. New buildings are neat and all, but if you think building variety is the biggest thing people are after, you're very misguided. We want to hear about how the gameplay experience is being improved. To be quite honest, I look at these screenshots and they look exactly like the current game, which looks exactly like the one before it. I haven't memorized every detail of every building because I got bored with the game before I could get there.

I really want to support this series because I think it has so much potential, but if it's all going to be visual improvements and minor bug fixes, I'm just not going to buy another version. I want to know how this is going to be a different game.

rovaira

Postby rovaira » 11 September 2011, 18:51

I don't know if they said this yet, but will the maps be larger in 2012? The one thing I didn't like about 2011 was a lot of the land was mountains or just areas where you couldn't build in.

MR.sugar

Postby MR.sugar » 12 September 2011, 16:16

They rly haven't said much yet... They pretty much confirmed new maps and buildings + modding tools.

diScOpOlis

Postby diScOpOlis » 13 September 2011, 07:18

Focus:

Can you please inform us about any upcoming updates before the launch pretty please?
Become part of the best CXL-community website: http://www.xlnation.net

Visit my Youtube Video Channel and learn more about CXL and It's great mods at diScOpOlisCXLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/diScOpOlisCXL?feature=mhee

Return to “News”