Cities XL 2012 Reveals Upgrade Details

Moderator: Focus Team

mandelsoft

Re: Cities XL 2012 Reveals Upgrade Details

Postby mandelsoft » 15 September 2011, 17:29

Well, at least FHI has improved one marketing strategy: offering CXL2012 as a full game AND as an expansion pack. New players can buy the full game, while current players can buy the expansion pack for a lower price. And not only via FHI's webshop, but in your local game shop too! To me, that's an improvement, since I don't really like buying anything on-line (considering that I'm 19 years old and grew up with computers and internet, that's quite odd).

The pricing for the expansion pack, €15,-, is quite fair, considering that expansion packs for other games have an equal price and the full game costs €40,-, which is for a brand new game on the cheap side (a more common price: €45,- to €50,-). See it like this: you actually buy the modding tool. The other things you can consider as extra's, like new maps, buildings and some bugfixes. I believe maybe this could be the SC4RH equivalent in the CitiesXL series...

I had my doubts buying CXL2012, but with this offer, I might reconsider that on a positive note...

desty128

Postby desty128 » 15 September 2011, 17:38

I'd be willing to pay $10.00 for this expansion. My reasoning behind this is the Downloadable Content (DLC) on Xbox Live. For just about every game it costs 800 Microsoft points ($10.00) to download an expansion for games. With these expansions we get new weapons, areas, gameplay, and addition to the story. As great as it is that Focus added new buildings, they should not have wasted there time. Instead, they should have chosen to just release the modding tools. While they may have worked hard to add these buildings and maps, (if the modding tools are as "powerful” as they say) CitiesXL players will add a countless number of more useful additions to the game!

MR.sugar

Postby MR.sugar » 15 September 2011, 17:51

As the price sounds quite good, I'm still thinking what they thought when writing this news.

I would expect more about the content tbh, at least on matters with GEMS and stuff.

I also expect, that at least part of those 280 new buildings is already in current game, just locked. They just unlocked it (mabybe they did some tweaks, like better texture) and added to the game.

To me, the only part of this "expansion" seems to be the modding tools, but even about that, we have almost no info how powerful it is.

I just have the feeling they are adding that little content just to have reason to charge us for the SDK (modding tools), because it would be rly strange if they charge us for plain SDK, as every company just release it for free. So they said "Hey, lets just add few maps and buildings to the game and call it expansion!"

I hope we can expect more info before release?

Microsphera92

Postby Microsphera92 » 15 September 2011, 17:56

This is really cool!
Now I want to know: Can I export my cities CXL 2011 to CXL 2012?
Grettings :)

MR.sugar

Postby MR.sugar » 15 September 2011, 19:05

Microsphera92 wrote:This is really cool!
Now I want to know: Can I export my cities CXL 2011 to CXL 2012?
Grettings :)

I imagine this will work more like a patch. So you will be bscly launching updated CXL11. So no need of exporting cities.

untamed.crow

Postby untamed.crow » 15 September 2011, 20:17

Yes Good Question, somewhat we must have the ability to extract our cities in 2011 to 2012..

This sounds good, with modding tools and more buildings didn't mention the lag issue lol..

:D

if you like the city please vote for it :p thanks! here
Not a member of xlnation? register now!

connor1200

Postby connor1200 » 16 September 2011, 01:36

Yeah, they haven't even released anything different then what they already had, aside from the expansion pack. There is no new info on any other details, all the same stuff with more buildings and more maps to make more cities, more lifeless cities that freeze when they get to big. Its always the same thing when it comes to cities xl, nothing new.

Would help to have more of an update to find out what 2012 actually is, or if its just new buildings, is that all they can do in a year? i'd hope not.

Hopefully they added more things that we wont know of until it comes out, cause if it's just more content then i'll stick to SC4.

Microsphera92

Postby Microsphera92 » 16 September 2011, 02:05

@MR.sugar
I'm talking about the full game version! :roll: :roll:

snick25
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support

Postby snick25 » 16 September 2011, 02:10

Microsphera92 wrote:@MR.sugar
I'm talking about the full game version! :roll: :roll:

Why would you get the full game if you can simply get the upgrade for half the price?

I still have lots of questions about how this upgrade process will work, but I'm sure it will be explained.

diScOpOlis

Postby diScOpOlis » 16 September 2011, 07:25

Well I don't want to be the naive bunny here but I really think CXL2012 will make it loads more fun! :)
With the modding tools and an active modding community we might see some nice things pop up! :)

Now It's time that we, the community make this game something nice and get it beyond the SC4-modding experience.
Remeber how crappy SC4 used to be in It's beginning years but the community lifted it to amazing stuff!
Become part of the best CXL-community website: http://www.xlnation.net

Visit my Youtube Video Channel and learn more about CXL and It's great mods at diScOpOlisCXLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/diScOpOlisCXL?feature=mhee

Return to “News”