Cities XL 2012 Reveals Upgrade Details

Moderator: Focus Team

mjfabian

Re: Cities XL 2012 Reveals Upgrade Details

Postby mjfabian » 19 September 2011, 00:29

I will most certainly not be buying this and I hope FHI loses money on it. The nerve of charging for an SDK...

Romaq

Postby Romaq » 19 September 2011, 06:40

mr-tom wrote:...And not everybody in Europe has the Euro as their currency. :lol: ...

Not Germany for much longer, it would appear.

In any case, I hope one HUGE change they could do, and I hope they could do it cheaply enough is to allow you to pick custom maps without having to *REPLACE* a map. I'd really love to try out some of the custom maps, but I am *not* pleased at the idea of having to destroy default maps in order to do that.

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 19 September 2011, 11:17

mjfabian wrote:I will most certainly not be buying this and I hope FHI loses money on it. The nerve of charging for an SDK...

Charging for a content pack including 280 new buildings, many new maps and also tools and documentation that the community has been asking for since day 1 and that they have obviously spent money developing on our behalf? You're right - how dare they expect us to pay for that?

Might I ask whether you are employed? If so, do you by any chance get paid for the work that you do?

diScOpOlis

Postby diScOpOlis » 19 September 2011, 12:09

mr-tom wrote:
mjfabian wrote:I will most certainly not be buying this and I hope FHI loses money on it. The nerve of charging for an SDK...

Charging for a content pack including 280 new buildings, many new maps and also tools and documentation that the community has been asking for since day 1 and that they have obviously spent money developing on our behalf? You're right - how dare they expect us to pay for that?

Might I ask whether you are employed? If so, do you by any chance get paid for the work that you do?

Mjfabian: I don't mind some constructive criticism but what you write here is utterly useless.

Mr-Tom is right, the prices are justified, 14.99 for CXL2011 users, 39.99 for new CXL2012 buyers is correct.
I think most people would have liked to see some more (hopefully we don't know everything whats new yet), but offcourse they charge for it, how in earth will they be able to keep improving a game in the future if they work on it and give it away for free?!

If you don't like the game and you're not buying it, either be constructive or go whine somewhere else please..
Become part of the best CXL-community website: http://www.xlnation.net

Visit my Youtube Video Channel and learn more about CXL and It's great mods at diScOpOlisCXLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/diScOpOlisCXL?feature=mhee

Boyzinblue

Postby Boyzinblue » 19 September 2011, 22:04

Well im glad that focus home is finally listening to the community expansion packs are definitely the way to progress this game the level of content that could be made and released much quicker could be amazing. Yea we would have to pay money for each one but it would be much less the 40 bucks for the full game we dont really need.

I wish they would make specialized expansions that focus on certain buildings like roads or traffic or social services kinda like the sims.

Rome101

Postby Rome101 » 19 September 2011, 23:45

That's not what CXL2012 is supposed to be, or at least it is not what FHI wants it to be.

But surprisingly, you just made me think something astounding:
Cities XL might just be the one and only game to which I'll accept the very basic capitalist idea of DLCs!

After killing the Total War series, making a jokified phenomena out of itself with Railroads and managing to annoy tens of millions of Call of Duty fans, the concept of downloadable content released quite often to expand the content of a game might actually work for Cities XL.
I mean, provided CXL2013 will have decent graphics, multi-core support, no memory leaks and actually-functional mechanics, Focus can leave it up to modders and DLC to provide content for the game. They'll have all the time in the world, and each DLC could expand on something different - add housing, offices, farm-related elements, themed add-ons and practically entire new features for the game could all be added much like the way The Sims drags about 18 expansions per title.
But only this time, it'll be worth it.

Considering the prices are fair, it might just be the best thing to happen to this game. And DLC was always the exact opposite to anything else in the gaming industry.

Goldiva

Postby Goldiva » 20 September 2011, 10:05

I'm definitely smiling from ear to ear to hear about the 'powerful' modding tool for CXL2012. I look forward to more meaningful after-sales technical support, like frequent patching, but especially active open dialogs between Focus tech and modders.

SenceX

Postby SenceX » 20 September 2011, 11:07

Why are people still saying that it certainly won't have any memory leak fixes?
The game is still one month away from release, and they have given just very little info about the game.
A lot can change while they're still busy on working on the latest fixes in the last 2 weeks before shipping.
Unless you work at FHI then you can tell if it has fixes or not, but don't just say that it doesn't, because you think so.
Only thing they have released are some pictures, and that's it.
As for the pictures, I don't like the low quality model of the Burj Khalifa, but I hope they improve it before the game gets released.

diScOpOlis

Postby diScOpOlis » 20 September 2011, 13:55

SenceX wrote:Why are people still saying that it certainly won't have any memory leak fixes?
The game is still one month away from release, and they have given just very little info about the game.
A lot can change while they're still busy on working on the latest fixes in the last 2 weeks before shipping.
Unless you work at FHI then you can tell if it has fixes or not, but don't just say that it doesn't, because you think so.
Only thing they have released are some pictures, and that's it.
As for the pictures, I don't like the low quality model of the Burj Khalifa, but I hope they improve it before the game gets released.

You're right, It is wrong to assume when we don't know.
I just hope FHI can come with some info about this soon so that we can relax our heads :)
Become part of the best CXL-community website: http://www.xlnation.net

Visit my Youtube Video Channel and learn more about CXL and It's great mods at diScOpOlisCXLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/diScOpOlisCXL?feature=mhee

Rome101

Postby Rome101 » 20 September 2011, 17:05

SenceX wrote:Why are people still saying that it certainly won't have any memory leak fixes?

We are under the assumption that the lack of updates mean there won't be a whole lot.

Return to “News”