New Screenshots of Cities XL 2012 Unveiled!

Moderator: Focus Team

Vince

New Screenshots of Cities XL 2012 Unveiled!

Postby Vince » 20 September 2011, 11:18

Cities XL 2012 today unveiled 4 new screenshots! This is the opportunity to discover a bit more about the new version of the famous City Builder and its novelties! Focusing on added content, Cities XL 2012 offers, thanks to nearly 300 new buildings, a staggering choice of a thousand of different structures that you will be able to place freely on more than 60 enormous maps, in order to create the cities of your dreams in every detail.

On today's 4 released screenshots, you will be able to discover some of these new structures, but also one of the many brand new maps of the game, Lake Powell. You will have to tame its particularly rugged lands and its big, flooded canyons! This will prove to be a new challenge for all virtual city planners who will try to make a metropolis thrive on such a distinctive landscape.

Cities XL 2012 will be released on October 20th in retail and online stores.

View the images

mr-tom

Re: New Screenshots of Cities XL 2012 Unveiled!

Postby mr-tom » 20 September 2011, 11:36

Thanks for the update Vince, especially the release date.

Tom.

Rome101

Postby Rome101 » 20 September 2011, 11:54

I'll wait for the eagle-eyes to tell me what's new.
Lake Powell looks excellent! I hope the other maps are also beautiful.

But what about multi-core support, memory leaks and bugs?

Asheroo

Postby Asheroo » 20 September 2011, 11:55

Hmm, definitely some scaling issues with the Burj Khalifa. Well, there are already many scaling issues with buildings in the game.

Ah well, the modders will do better. Thanks for the update on the release date too.

snick25
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support

Postby snick25 » 20 September 2011, 12:35

Well, I didn't see many new buildings, but the new maps looked interesting.

blink471

Postby blink471 » 20 September 2011, 12:44

ummm.. not too encouraging.. is that it?

At what point do we get excited?

snick25

Postby snick25 » 20 September 2011, 12:54

Well, I don't know about you guys, but after taking a closer look at all of the pictures, I found a whole bunch of new stuff. However, I have also noticed some weird stuff. For example, there's a building that clearly resembles the Sears Tower, but it's way too short. This brings up the question of whether or not this building is intended to be the Sears Tower, or if it's just supposed to be a building that resembles the Sears Tower.

I will explain all the other stuff later, when I have more time. ;)

diScOpOlis

Postby diScOpOlis » 20 September 2011, 13:59

Thanks for the update Vince and the release time, I know when to pop out my some cash then.

Vince can you pleeeaaasseee tell us more about the technical improvements that have been / will be resolved in CXL2012? (memory leak issues, dual core support,...)
Or atleast tell us when/if we get an update on which date before the release?

Also can you tell us about upcoming updates that will focus on new features / modding tools?

And importantly, are any improvements made to the transport system? Are trains working correctly for example?

Please supply us this information, as this is something a lot of people want to know and look forward to..

P.S.: good job on the faster updates you are providing us these weeks, keep up the pace :)
Become part of the best CXL-community website: http://www.xlnation.net

Visit my Youtube Video Channel and learn more about CXL and It's great mods at diScOpOlisCXLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/diScOpOlisCXL?feature=mhee

Asheroo

Postby Asheroo » 20 September 2011, 14:33

snick25 wrote:Well, I don't know about you guys, but after taking a closer look at all of the pictures, I found a whole bunch of new stuff. However, I have also noticed some weird stuff. For example, there's a building that clearly resembles the Sears Tower, but it's way too short. This brings up the question of whether or not this building is intended to be the Sears Tower, or if it's just supposed to be a building that resembles the Sears Tower.

I can see which building you mean. The top bit looks completely different than the Sears Tower. But it does like more similar to a few buildings I have seen elsewhere.

ohadi195

Postby ohadi195 » 20 September 2011, 15:20

Asheroo wrote:Hmm, definitely some scaling issues with the Burj Khalifa. Well, there are already many scaling issues with buildings in the game.

Ah well, the modders will do better. Thanks for the update on the release date too.

Hey Asheroo, sorry but I can't see any problem with it's scale. first, you must remember that the Burj Khlifa is a very tall building, but actually it's not that BIG.

it's height is 828 m, however it's roof top without the antena is 621.3 m.. even more, it is really small building since it's floor area is only 309,473 m^2 (just to compare, the world trade center twin towers floor area was 400,000 m^2 each even though it's height was "only" 417 m without the antena)

I hope you got my point ;)

anyway, nice new images there ty vince. can't wait for the game to be released!

Return to “News”