New Screenshots of Cities XL 2012 Unveiled!

Moderator: Focus Team

Rome101

Re: New Screenshots of Cities XL 2012 Unveiled!

Postby Rome101 » 29 September 2011, 02:16

Haha

But seriously, if FHI will support CXL2012 with patches and/or DLCs (patches way more important!!), we will all be super-appreciative.
In fact, I actually AM paying full price instead of upgrade price, to show my support for FHI. It might suck at its job, but it's the only one doing it, so this is my way of encouraging them to do a better job.

MR.sugar

Postby MR.sugar » 29 September 2011, 18:20

Rome101 wrote:Haha

But seriously, if FHI will support CXL2012 with patches and/or DLCs (patches way more important!!), we will all be super-appreciative.
In fact, I actually AM paying full price instead of upgrade price, to show my support for FHI. It might suck at its job, but it's the only one doing it, so this is my way of encouraging them to do a better job.

We should have got updates for CXL11... I don't expect they will suport this one more than they did with previous game. Also, making DLC for DLC (CXL 12 is definitely DLC, not even expansion pack) sounds strange :P.

And this way of "supporting" is nonsense. It will encourage them to not do better, but they will say "looks like this is enough for them! Lets just keep doings this and we can earn money without effort"....

hiker

Postby hiker » 29 September 2011, 20:16

snick25 wrote:This isn't the end of the world, you know.

Are U sure? :P

snick25 wrote:In fact, I think the next game (more of an expansion actually) is taking this franchise in the right direction by including modding support.

Look, modding doesn't really comfort me much. Actually it bores me somehow!

First one have to invest hours again in understanding the system of "hows and wheres". Then there will be modds that doesn't work proper with one another; so U have to test every single modd separately or from time to time figure out why the hell the game isn't running anymore all the sudden! The U will easily loose the overview over big amount of files (inclusive all the different textures).
What leads me to the most horrific scenario of modding: Imagine U have to reinstall the game for some reason (maybe the whole PC crashed). Now U got huge cities with dozens of different modded buildings included which U like to implement again. But easier said than done! For every modd that will be not or differently installed than once on the previous installation, the game will probably not be willing to run at all! Good luck then to see Ur city once again "alive" a last time...

It is just the easiest way for a developer to finally make a game good yet again. But this on the costs of all the ones who already have paid anyway.

diScOpOlis wrote:First of all with the modding tools which are said to be 'powerful' we should be able to create our own bridges.

Believe me; if it would be so easy they would long since have created some more bridges! Or am I the only one here that likes to build real good looking bridges, and no one does really care as long as the can build upward?! For me at least, a city's main essential elements are bridges. They give it also the face, apart from the skyscrapers.

Rome101 wrote:Keep in mind we don't know for sure what more changes FHI isn't telling us about - it's safe to assume that there aren't any,...

Very true! But... :roll:

MR.sugar wrote:And this way of "supporting" is nonsense. It will encourage them to not do better, but they will say "looks like this is enough for them! Lets just keep doings this and we can earn money without effort"....

Also very true !!!

Oliver

Postby Oliver » 30 September 2011, 18:46

Believe me; if it would be so easy they would long since have created some more bridges! Or am I the only one here that likes to build real good looking bridges, and no one does really care as long as the can build upward?! For me at least, a city's main essential elements are bridges. They give it also the face, apart from the skyscrapers.

Did you read his statement? He said that it could be possible with the modding tools .
Best Regards
Oliver - the epic green monsterlike writerperson

Return to “News”