New Screenshots of Cities XL 2012 Unveiled!

Moderator: Focus Team

Rome101
Posts: 302
Joined: 04 June 2011, 14:06

Re: New Screenshots of Cities XL 2012 Unveiled!

Postby Rome101 » 25 September 2011, 20:28

His graphics card is actually incompatible. I don't think it'll handle CXL2012 too well, especially not with all the memory leaks and so on.
I'd suggest he upgrades his entire rig, so he can better enjoy new games.

hiker
Posts: 6
Joined: 16 August 2010, 21:04

Re: New Screenshots of Cities XL 2012 Unveiled!

Postby hiker » 28 September 2011, 02:55

It's so poor, ridiculous and disappointing; not even a single new bridge design is included! So what the f...?
Let CXL die! And may someone create a new simulation, not only for money's sake but with love for details that make the difference!

Sad, sad... :cry:

User avatar
snick25
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support
Posts: 923
Joined: 22 February 2011, 01:15
Location: America's Breadbasket

Re: New Screenshots of Cities XL 2012 Unveiled!

Postby snick25 » 28 September 2011, 03:09

hiker wrote:It's so poor, ridiculous and disappointing; not even a single new bridge design is included! So what the f...?
Let CXL die! And may someone create a new simulation, not only for money's sake but with love for details that make the difference!

Sad, sad... :cry:


:lol:

This isn't the end of the world, you know. In fact, I think the next game (more of an expansion actually) is taking this franchise in the right direction by including modding support.

diScOpOlis
Posts: 245
Joined: 11 October 2010, 19:21

Re: New Screenshots of Cities XL 2012 Unveiled!

Postby diScOpOlis » 28 September 2011, 07:20

Yea mate don't worry too much ;)

First of all with the modding tools which are said to be 'powerfull' we should be able to create our own bridges.

And second of all if you look at the topic in the general discussion tab with the CXL2012 features and details you will find a link which says CXL2012 will for example include the Golden Bridge.
We're not 100% sure of that though.
Become part of the best CXL-community website: http://www.xlnation.net

Visit my Youtube Video Channel and learn more about CXL and It's great mods at diScOpOlisCXLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/diScOpOlisCXL?feature=mhee
Image

Rome101
Posts: 302
Joined: 04 June 2011, 14:06

Re: New Screenshots of Cities XL 2012 Unveiled!

Postby Rome101 » 28 September 2011, 12:08

No, DON'T let the franchise die. The series is taking baby steps in the right direction, and the only thing I'm annoyed by is the fact that we pay full price for these baby steps when we should actually get big-boy leaps like any other game on the market.

Keep in mind we don't know for sure what more changes FHI isn't telling us about - it's safe to assume that there aren't any, but we must not judge the game until we actually get to play it.

Speaking of which, 22 days to go :D

User avatar
X-Flame
Posts: 594
Joined: 01 June 2011, 21:46
Location: Netherlands

Re: New Screenshots of Cities XL 2012 Unveiled!

Postby X-Flame » 28 September 2011, 13:59

If CitiesXL dies, nobody else will fill the void. So waiting on that isn't exactly optimal.
Image

User avatar
mr-tom
Moderator
Posts: 4327
Joined: 21 July 2010, 07:27
Location: South West UK

Re: New Screenshots of Cities XL 2012 Unveiled!

Postby mr-tom » 28 September 2011, 20:43

Rome101 wrote:No, DON'T let the franchise die. The series is taking baby steps in the right direction, and the only thing I'm annoyed by is the fact that we pay full price for these baby steps when we should actually get big-boy leaps like any other game on the market.

Keep in mind we don't know for sure what more changes FHI isn't telling us about - it's safe to assume that there aren't any, but we must not judge the game until we actually get to play it.

Speaking of which, 22 days to go :D


Um, nobody is expecting you to pay full price...
Image
Image
Image

MR.sugar
Posts: 241
Joined: 26 July 2010, 12:32

Re: New Screenshots of Cities XL 2012 Unveiled!

Postby MR.sugar » 28 September 2011, 21:21

mr-tom wrote:
Rome101 wrote:No, DON'T let the franchise die. The series is taking baby steps in the right direction, and the only thing I'm annoyed by is the fact that we pay full price for these baby steps when we should actually get big-boy leaps like any other game on the market.

Keep in mind we don't know for sure what more changes FHI isn't telling us about - it's safe to assume that there aren't any, but we must not judge the game until we actually get to play it.

Speaking of which, 22 days to go :D


Um, nobody is expecting you to pay full price...


You are wrong, I expect it! :ugeek:

User avatar
mr-tom
Moderator
Posts: 4327
Joined: 21 July 2010, 07:27
Location: South West UK

Re: New Screenshots of Cities XL 2012 Unveiled!

Postby mr-tom » 28 September 2011, 21:33

MR.sugar wrote:
mr-tom wrote:
Rome101 wrote:No, DON'T let the franchise die. The series is taking baby steps in the right direction, and the only thing I'm annoyed by is the fact that we pay full price for these baby steps when we should actually get big-boy leaps like any other game on the market.

Keep in mind we don't know for sure what more changes FHI isn't telling us about - it's safe to assume that there aren't any, but we must not judge the game until we actually get to play it.

Speaking of which, 22 days to go :D


Um, nobody is expecting you to pay full price...


You are wrong, I expect it! :ugeek:


This:


Vince wrote:Cities XL 2012 Reveals Upgrade Details!

The release date for Cities XL 2012 approaches and you can now discover more about the different versions of the game. The 2012 update will be released in two forms: the full setgame, and the official expansion for current Cities XL 2011 players.

The full game Cities XL 2012 will offer the entire contents of Cities XL 2011 all the additions found in Cities XL 2012. In total, players will have over 1,000 buildings and 60 different and highly detailed maps for construction that will be included in this new version of the famous PC city-builder on PC. We’re also proud to announce that the game is now open to modding – we’re including powerful modding tools and a special guide to get players started. Cities XL 2012 will be available for 39.99€.

The official Cities XL 2012 expansion will contain more than 280 new buildings, 15 additional cards for construction plus modding access, and requires that Cities XL 2011 be previously installed on the computer. This expansion disk for current players will be officially priced at 14.99€.



39.99€ ≠ 14.99€
Image
Image
Image

MR.sugar
Posts: 241
Joined: 26 July 2010, 12:32

Re: New Screenshots of Cities XL 2012 Unveiled!

Postby MR.sugar » 28 September 2011, 22:06

I still expect him to pay full price...


Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron