Cities XL 2012 Unveils More New Screenshots!

Moderator: Focus Team

Lakenstaken

Re: Cities XL 2012 Unveils More New Screenshots!

Postby Lakenstaken » 01 October 2011, 03:35

And the new screens are... Shitty as usual, repetive and dont really show anything new except a few buildings. You still dont get what people are lookin for are you? The modding tools is what attracting people to this game again, and you should spend all your time showing how this works. Dont you have a clue of marketing?

MR.sugar

Postby MR.sugar » 01 October 2011, 08:42

vinicoids wrote:
diScOpOlis wrote:Welcome to the forum vini :)

And, can u tell me what "transport mod" that dudes are making? i didn't heard nothing about that and i'm excited about that, because i just hate the way how we place "metro" in-game.

Check it out here. It's proof for us that Focus is just lazy. If people, who are just
enthusiastic can create such a thing for free, in their spare time, it's just telling me there is a lot of things wrong with Focus. Also, they don't hape proper tools available!
Those who are creating this would deserve to get those 15 euro, as they are doing something worthy!

Oliver

Postby Oliver » 01 October 2011, 10:07

Calm down now - everybody!
Best Regards
Oliver - the epic green monsterlike writerperson

Xiaka

Postby Xiaka » 01 October 2011, 18:31

I've played both Cities XL and Cities XL 2011, my impression was that this games were unfinished, something like a beta version... my hope get fully renewed with the announcement of Cities XL 2012. I decide to follow each new about the game and read the opinion in the forums, and I discovered that I was not the only one annoyed about the technical issues in the two previous versions, I just don't know if it's about memory-leacks multi core support or whatever the fact is the game didn't run smoothly.

Time passed and more news about CitiesXL were announced, and all the news were exactly the same than the others, just new buildings with the exception that in CitiesXL 2012 will be modding tools which I think is ok.

New screenshots that shows us how the game improved in variety of buildings and scenarios are good but people are asking about the most important things, such as:

"Do the game works smoothly?"
"Improved user interface?"
"The transport system has been revised, improved and upgraded?"
"There are new features to be announced?"

This four questions are the key of Cities XL 2012, people has been asking for this for ages and 3 weeks before the game goes out we still only have that there will be new buildings and powerful modding tools, and only new buildings had been shown. We still don't know nothing about the modding tools, we don't know if they are useful or useless and which aspects of the game can be modded with that tools.

Anyway, if the game has the same technical problems that the previous versions had it has no sense to have new buildings or powerful modding tools, because at some point of your game it will become UNPLAYABLE or not fun to play.

So We, prospective buyers of the game, demand an official answer to the previous questions if not I will had to think that FHI is trying to cheat us all by sell a game that has the same technnical problems that his previous version.

BTW the last game I've buyed from FHI (Pro Cycling manager 2011) has too much bugs yet, like all his previous versions since 2008 or even before but at least the bugs are new and the old ones seems to be fixed...

snick25
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support

Postby snick25 » 01 October 2011, 18:39

Xiaka wrote:So We, prospective buyers of the game, demand an official answer to the previous questions if not I will had to think that FHI is trying to cheat us all by sell a game that has the same technnical problems that his previous version.

:roll:

I'm sorry, but I've heard this enough times that even a ridiculous statement like this sounds monotonous.

Listen, I agree, FHI needs to fix these technical issues, sooner rather than later. And they do need to communicate with the community more. However, unless you're extremely paranoid, how on earth can you draw the conclusion that Focus is run by a much of evil people that want to steal your money? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Anyway, FHI isn't going to drop everything and respond to you just because you want them to. Instead of posting your demands here, why don't you just e-mail them and see if they'll answer?

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 01 October 2011, 22:29

snick25 wrote:
Xiaka wrote:So We, prospective buyers of the game, demand an official answer to the previous questions if not I will had to think that FHI is trying to cheat us all by sell a game that has the same technnical problems that his previous version.

:roll:

I'm sorry, but I've heard this enough times that even a ridiculous statement like this sounds monotonous.

Listen, I agree, FHI needs to fix these technical issues, sooner rather than later. And they do need to communicate with the community more. However, unless you're extremely paranoid, how on earth can you draw the conclusion that Focus is run by a much of evil people that want to steal your money? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Anyway, FHI isn't going to drop everything and respond to you just because you want them to. Instead of posting your demands here, why don't you just e-mail them and see if they'll answer?

LOL, or even better, read the answers - they are already on the forum.

Xiaka

Postby Xiaka » 01 October 2011, 23:17

snick25 wrote:

I didn't say that they are evil, they are only not giving enough information to the community which is at last who will keep them earning money! And yes don't forget that we are customers from them and WE CAN demand more information, and I think that an official forum is the right place for asking this kind of matters I don't understand why do you want me to e-mail them, if they answer here they will not need to answer many e-mails asking the same...

And come on it's very easy for FHI to tell "yes we had been working in the technical bugs and most of them will be fixed in Cities XL 2012" if they are not saying anything about that it makes me think that they are not working in that matter, and like many people here (in this forums, and in the community) I probably won't buy the game if it's still unplayable when a city gets big.

I'm not trying to being hostile against FHI I'm just complaining about how FHI is keeping silence in important matters (almost in any post about CitiesXL2012 you will find someone asking about that).

mr-tom wrote:LOL, or even better, read the answers - they are already on the forum.

Really? link the answer to me please! I didn't find it, I've readed many posts about Cities XL 2012 and in any of them I've seen an official communication about that and I really want to know what they say about that, so please link it to me.

citiesxl_soumit

Postby citiesxl_soumit » 02 October 2011, 05:11

will the lighting at night time improve in this edition? :?:

MR.sugar

Postby MR.sugar » 02 October 2011, 09:07

citiesxl_soumit wrote:will the lighting at night time improve in this edition? :?:

As far as we know, there is nothing fixed/changed in terms of engine and graphics. So no.

Oliver

Postby Oliver » 02 October 2011, 09:08

And yes don't forget that we are customers from them and WE CAN demand more information,

And this is the second time that you, as a single person, speak for all of us.
Best Regards
Oliver - the epic green monsterlike writerperson

Return to “News”