Cities XL 2012 Unveils More New Screenshots!

Moderator: Focus Team

mr-tom

Re: Cities XL 2012 Unveils More New Screenshots!

Postby mr-tom » 02 October 2011, 09:11

Xiaka wrote:
mr-tom wrote:LOL, or even better, read the answers - they are already on the forum.

Really? link the answer to me please! I didn't find it, I've readed many posts about Cities XL 2012 and in any of them I've seen an official communication about that and I really want to know what they say about that, so please link it to me.

Nothing from Focus, but read the beta reports.

Romaq

Postby Romaq » 02 October 2011, 14:58

mr-tom wrote:Nothing from Focus, but read the beta reports.

The Beta Reports we do not have access to because we are not party to the NDA? For which, if you are part of the NDA, you can not disclose to us what's in the Beta Reports? Those ones?

I don't know... I just find viewtopic.php?f=59&t=4188&hilit=nexl&start=80 (the NEXL thread) very compelling and *FAR* more interesting to me than CXL 2012. Comparatively speaking, the new release can simply go blow. My interest in CXL 2012 is making things easier for the NEXL team with FHI out of their way. If CXL 2012 doesn't make the NEXL easier to do, or even worse if CXL 2012 has the NEXL not work, that pretty much kills the 'upgrade' for me.

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 02 October 2011, 20:12

Romaq wrote:
mr-tom wrote:Nothing from Focus, but read the beta reports.

The Beta Reports we do not have access to because we are not party to the NDA? For which, if you are part of the NDA, you can not disclose to us what's in the Beta Reports? Those ones?

I don't know... I just find viewtopic.php?f=59&t=4188&hilit=nexl&start=80 (the NEXL thread) very compelling and *FAR* more interesting to me than CXL 2012. Comparatively speaking, the new release can simply go blow. My interest in CXL 2012 is making things easier for the NEXL team with FHI out of their way. If CXL 2012 doesn't make the NEXL easier to do, or even worse if CXL 2012 has the NEXL not work, that pretty much kills the 'upgrade' for me.

Well I was tester for both NEXL and CXL2012, so I would say that I have a good understanding of both. Since CXL 2012 is bringing out modding tools, that can only be a plus.

If you read the beta thread you will find (in the first post) that Focus allowed us to make a small report on the beta to the community and as a result, we have answered all the questions that we can in that thread.

Romaq

Postby Romaq » 03 October 2011, 13:24

mr-tom wrote:...If you read the beta thread you will find (in the first post) that Focus allowed us to make a small report on the beta to the community and as a result, we have answered all the questions that we can in that thread.

Ah! I couldn't find the thread until just now (looking through your posts by your profile). It is at viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4708 for those who ALSO had trouble locating it. I'm going to take time to look over it carefully.

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 03 October 2011, 18:33

Romaq wrote:
mr-tom wrote:...If you read the beta thread you will find (in the first post) that Focus allowed us to make a small report on the beta to the community and as a result, we have answered all the questions that we can in that thread.

Ah! I couldn't find the thread until just now (looking through your posts by your profile). It is at viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4708 for those who ALSO had trouble locating it. I'm going to take time to look over it carefully.

Ooops - sorry. I thought we'd stickied it - my mistake! :oops:

Puddin

Postby Puddin » 03 October 2011, 22:19

So rather than ran that the company is releasing another game before CXL'11 is finished I want to ask a question. How many people were actually able to make a city of 500k or even 1mil people? I know LONG before that point the game would lag out on me. This is the single most talked about issue on these forums. Adding new content is not going to fix this. If game breaking bugs like this were going to be addressed I'm sure they would hint at it just to keep everyone quiet about talking bad about their game.

Now don't get me wrong, I really do want to play this game. I love city builders and this has the potential to be one of the better ones if I could populate an area past a small village. I also believe that adding modding support is a step in the right direction. But are the modding tools just something for them to change the subject too when people start to complain that they can't play their city or are they just expecting us to fix it ourselves. On that note, i have never seen an expansion come out for any game that doesn't address some bugs in one way or another. Question is that most people here are asking. "Is this expansion going to actually make the game playable?"

I know after a couple hours of trying to play my first few cities I felt duped and cheated out of my money. Hard lesson to learn as I am a BIG supporter of indie games and companies. But seriously guys I have seen 3 man companies release a game with less issues than this. I posted on here about this right after I bought the game, and what was their response? To tell me I was wrong, lock my thread, and tell me to wait for a patch that did nothing to address the issues.

I really do hope that this expansion fixes the playability but with the track record of this company with this game I wouldn't count on it.

snick25
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support

Postby snick25 » 04 October 2011, 04:04

I agree with some of what you said Puddin, but remember, Focus is not a developer. So while they may be able to release new buildings, maps, and fix a few tiny bugs, they really don't have the resources necassary to do a code overhaul, or anything else major.

Frode789

Postby Frode789 » 04 October 2011, 11:36

It is obvious what they should do.

SELL THE FRANCHISE.

If they can't do more then slapping on a building here and there, they they should just get rid of the thing all together.

MR.sugar

Postby MR.sugar » 04 October 2011, 15:17

snick25 wrote:I agree with some of what you said Puddin, but remember, Focus is not a developer. So while they may be able to release new buildings, maps, and fix a few tiny bugs, they really don't have the resources necassary to do a code overhaul, or anything else major.

At first, it's not excuse to release and charge us for this... And they are developers and publisher now. They definitely have at least small dev.team, so now they are developers. Developers, who probably took way too big project to start with.

Rome101

Postby Rome101 » 04 October 2011, 21:09

FHI is a team of 5 people.
Yes, indie companies did a lot more with a bit less, but that's not even their own game and becoming familiar with - let alone completley change - someone else's script would require a lot of time and effort, as well as talent. And to be fair, it's not like Monte Cristo left Focus with a tidy, functional script. They did an awful job at creating one, and it's laughably unlikely that they did any better at maintaining it.

Return to “News”