Pre-Purchase now and save 10%!

Moderator: Focus Team

thermal

Re: Pre-Purchase now and save 10%!

Postby thermal » 11 October 2011, 04:58

umm FHI are the developers of this game since it acquired it from Monte Cristo.
They are both the Dev's & Publishers for the franchise. They have full capabilities to do what they wish from it.

What i expect, is actual improvements to the game, after all, that's what a new version of anything suggests, an Improvement, hence why things get updated.
There have been no improvements to the actual technology behind the game, only the aesthetics.

hybridmike09

Postby hybridmike09 » 11 October 2011, 05:20

It is such a shame. With no city-building game out there; this game could of been a super hit if done correctly (after CXL '09). There are some good ideas within CXL; creating bus and train (subway and el) lines; curved roads, moving zones so they sit on the curved roads; tremendous graphics and zoning that works (different types of citizens) but the realism factor quickly sunk into the Titanic abyss with all the bugs and glaring omissions (the non working traffic signals and cars turning right in the left lane). With '12 hardly breathing new life into CXL (like Rush Hour did to SC4)....I guess FHI got what it wanted; buying the rights to CXL from Monte Cristo at a very low price and then charging customers what MC already made and tweaking it a little; then say after a year, hey, here's an expansion...that adds 300 buildings and 15 maps...but pay us $15 for it. What's CXL '13 going to be? another 300 buildings and 15 maps?

diScOpOlis

Postby diScOpOlis » 11 October 2011, 05:58

Hey Vince,

Thanks for the update bout the prices n pre-order.

However I do wish for you to confirm me one thing:
In the "more information about cxl2012" you go into detail about what's new and all n thats great.
But I see nothing about modding tools anymore? Please confirm quickly that modding tools + guide are still included with CXL2012?
Become part of the best CXL-community website: http://www.xlnation.net

Visit my Youtube Video Channel and learn more about CXL and It's great mods at diScOpOlisCXLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/diScOpOlisCXL?feature=mhee

mikkamakka345

Postby mikkamakka345 » 11 October 2011, 08:39

Did you notice? They tend to forget about the modding tools. No screenshots, no information, they even left the whole issue out from the latest pre-ordering notice. Ha-ha, without the modding tools hardly anybody will purchase this.

Simmer

Postby Simmer » 11 October 2011, 09:44

As a casual player, I don't need modding tools. Ever and any.

I want to relax and get pleasure from quality gameplay, without editing something, so I quit investing in your deadborn projects.

P.S. You know, guys, I'm an owner of many full-featured utilities like video-encoders, specific data-recovery, and so on, that cost less than 15$ and even free. Revealing old MC's editing tools for extra money (I assume it since you are not developers) even for those who dont need it, is quite abnormal.

peluche

Postby peluche » 11 October 2011, 10:33

I asked the question to Vince on the French forum for the tools of modding, and he answered me that they are indeed in the game 2012 :)

nicko2u

Postby nicko2u » 11 October 2011, 10:51

Simmer wrote:As a casual player, I don't need modding tools. Ever and any.

I want to relax and get pleasure from quality gameplay, without editing something, so I quit investing in your deadborn projects.

P.S. You know, guys, I'm an owner of many full-featured utilities like video-encoders, specific data-recovery, and so on, that cost less than 15$ and even free. Revealing old MC's editing tools for extra money (I assume it since you are not developers) even for those who dont need it, is quite abnormal.

I agree,

The news I wish to hear is are Focus planning on developing this game in the near future? Developing meaning as in new game features and bug fixes!! or they just content on releasing new maps and pretty buildings every year?

peluche

Postby peluche » 11 October 2011, 10:59

Since there are the tools of modding, I am satisfied.

I have never had marigolds with this game just some slowings down when I put tons of trees :)

nicko2u

Postby nicko2u » 11 October 2011, 11:04

peluche wrote:Since there are the tools of modding, I am satisfied.

I have never had marigolds with this game just some slowings down when I put tons of trees :)

Easily satisfied I see? so you don't care if they never release any more bug fixes or new game feature to this series???

Vince

Postby Vince » 11 October 2011, 11:06

Rome101 wrote:What if I have a retail copy of CXL2011, but the current installment is a downloaded copy? Will I still be able to upgrade my game?

Hello Rome101, if you own a copy CXL11, whether you downloaded it or purchased it in retail store, you will be able to buy and play with the expansion pack of Cities XL 2012. More precisely there are three possibilities if you own CXL11:
- You own CXL11 and want to purchase the expansion of CXL12 in retail store. You just have to buy it and install it.
- You own CXL11 and want to purchase the expansion of CXL12 in any digital store (steam included, you just have to buy it, download the game and install it.
- You bought CXL11 on steam and want to buy the expansion of CXL12 in another digital store. It is not possible. You will have to get the full game.

If you bought the game anywhere (except steam) and want to buy the expansion of CXL12 on steam you will have to add you CXL11 to your steam library, for that you just need to click on the "add a steam game" button and follow the steps, as in the image below. Image

ohadi195 wrote:is it possible to buy with PayPall account?

It depends on where you buy the game. :-)

Stef42 wrote:I can't pre-order, while I'm redirected to: http://nl-focushop.gamesplanet.com/shop/citiesxl-2012expansion from the Netherlands.
Any idea?

Hi Stef42, I'm affraid there isn't a Dutch shop for Cities XL, the best might to buy the game from here
(Full game) http://eu-focushop.gamesplanet.com/shop/citiesxl2012/
(expansion) http://eu-focushop.gamesplanet.com/shop ... expansion/

ohadi195 wrote:hope we could buy the expansion pack on Steam then.
btw, I'm not American can I still shop there? (never did so far), and if so could I purchase it using Paypal?

Hi, I'd like to precise two points here.
The expansion pack is not available on steam. You will only be able to find the full CXL12 game. But, if you own a copy of CXL11, and have added it to your steam library, Steam will automatically propose you to buy the full-game for 14.99€
And regarding steam ther should be no territory limitation :-).

City Builder wrote:I thought it was written somewhere that if you own 2011, you would not be paying full price on 2012, something similar to discount of last purchase of 2011.

It is still true, you have the choicie between the full game and the expansion pack. The expansion pack is how to get CXL12 for less ;-).

diScOpOlis wrote:But I see nothing about modding tools anymore? Please confirm quickly that modding tools + guide are still included with CXL2012?

I confirm, modding tools are planned and will be included in Cities XL 2012 ;-).

Return to “News”