Pre-Purchase now and save 10%!

Moderator: Focus Team

Simmer

Re: Pre-Purchase now and save 10%!

Postby Simmer » 11 October 2011, 11:09

nicko2u wrote:The news I wish to hear is are Focus planning on developing this game in the near future? Developing meaning as in new game features and bug fixes!! or they just content on releasing new maps and pretty buildings every year?

Sure!

I already imagine a new Windows 8 now with new excellent wallpapers! :lol:
Owners of Windows 7 can just download a new expansion pack at a discount price - 50$.

Stef42

Postby Stef42 » 11 October 2011, 11:34

Thanks Vince for the update. I've downloaded the version for the digital Focus shop before so no worries I think this time ;)

Romaq

Postby Romaq » 11 October 2011, 13:13

Looks like I can get the upgrade off steam Easy-Peasy, and I plan to use my paypal account with $USD. At the moment I'm recovering from gall bladder surgery, and I'll need to sort out getting this without being put BACK in the hospital by my wife.

Anyway, I *do* share in the disappointment that we do not have more of a technical upgrade. But I'm going to pay the cost of a meal and see how this shakes out. I am particularly interested in the NEXL and how this makes this much more nice for NEXL development.

For those who insist on not getting this product, that's fine. Don't want the mod tools, don't want the additional buildings and what-not, that's cool. But for the love of Will Wright please knock it off with the, "OMFG FHI iz the suxxorz no multi-core fixes dam thieves stealing us blind!" Just don't buy the product, explain why, and save the drama for your momma. HONESTLY I'm more looking forward to the NEXL release than I am THIS release.

And to be more honest still, I'm waiting for a proper SimCity 5, full-up 3d support, multi-core and all that. When that comes available, I expect to flush and forget CitiesXL 20-whatever, presuming SC5 ever sees the light of day and is a proper successor to SC4. If/ when it happens. Just stop the drama, please? I'm pretty sure most of us feel the same as you do, but crapping all over the message boards isn't really helping anyone or anything.

Simmer

Postby Simmer » 11 October 2011, 14:47

Romaq, our dramatic cries aren't really helping anyone, as well as joyful posts about "cool maps and buildings".

The only difference is that "dramatic" posts are either criticized or even erased from here (maybe they want to prevent potential buyers from reading objective critics?). Those who sing odes to CXL and run it smoothly, don't provide any information about conditions their game run under (I didn't find any detailed configs, driver versions, installed soft).

HONESTLY - both positive and negative posts here contain no sense to problematic end-user.

ohadi195

Postby ohadi195 » 11 October 2011, 15:16

thank you vince for answering :)

@Romaq SimCity5 is nothing but a delusion created by maxis's fans who refuse to accept new and modern developments and insist keeping to SC4 which is nothing but another old overdue game :lol:

EA games wants money, it is not in their priorities to satisfy a small communites such as us the city builders, they rather develop new FIFA's and such. be sure, NO NEW SC it's clear just as a statement since they haven't released anything close to a city builder game for almast 8 years.

and even if they would, what makes you so sure it would be a success?? are you one of those blind maxis's fans??
just a reminder - SC4 was nothing, it was really sucks without it's mods.

now we're talking about Cities XL, an amazing new and modern game with a unique community and a new modding tool which I think will lift the game into new skies on it's way to the best city builder EVER.

please, stop mentioning SC4, it gives me goosbumps just the though of it. and besides, this is CXL here not SC :x

X-Flame

Postby X-Flame » 11 October 2011, 15:57

This game is currently in the Top 10 of Steam's best selling products, fyi.

Pre-purchased. Last game I pre-purchased was well over 3 years ago (Prototype), so I guess that means something.

nicko2u

Postby nicko2u » 11 October 2011, 16:02

X-Flame wrote:This game is currently in the Top 10 of Steam's best selling products, fyi.

Pre-purchased. Last game I pre-purchased was well over 3 years ago (Prototype), so I guess that means something.

Yes I agree nice game and worth buying, Yeah no big deal for us who already own the cxl2011.

Davir

Postby Davir » 11 October 2011, 17:07

When will we come to buy the game like a gamestop

anyway, i can first buy the game next year

Culinia

Postby Culinia » 11 October 2011, 18:24

Better price, but not exactly the price I was looking for. I was hoping for a cool £9.99 however for an extra £1.70 I'm not going to grumble too much since you have saved me from waiting for at least a half-year (or whatever) for the base game to naturally fall to that point anyway. Although I have to say given the features list I am a bit sceptical. Nevertheless I will pre-order...this time round at least.

hybridmike09

Postby hybridmike09 » 11 October 2011, 23:24

Wow, the ones who are dying to buy the so called expansion seem brainwashed. Most if not all who are upset at this latest offering are trying to give everyone who are looking to buy into CXL, a more overview of a- what's been going on since CXL '09 until now b- A shock of how little '12 adds content besides modding. I've played CXL since Monte Cristo released it in '09. Yes, modding is nice, but when you look at '09 to '11 it's 95% the same. Each edition is $39.99 (not including the "preorder sale"). With '12 all who have '11 all it adds is modding, 15 more maps, and 300 more buildings. To make it worthwhile, there should be bug fixes ( a lot of them linger still) included, added content (tweaking the old content) and some new content. If modding is indeed added and if anyone works on the transportation part of CXL, it might bring me back. This is the first time I won't preorder a CXL game. Most gaming sites say the same thing; it's thin in content and nothing new. If FHI invested more development into CXL, added more content, tweaked the old content then it would have a huge following from both SimCity fans (had to say SimCity because of Romaq) and CXL fans as well as city-building fans. Also, it would probably garner attention from educators. Nothing wrong with a realistic simulator that allows students to play and learn at the same time.

Return to “News”