Pre-Purchase now and save 10%!

Moderator: Focus Team

Simmer

Re: Pre-Purchase now and save 10%!

Postby Simmer » 13 October 2011, 08:37

@snick25

I'd say people are not "brainwashed" but too charitable towards Focus. But this charity is so high and one-sided, that all agree to reboot the game every 30 min., infinitely pay and wait for hypotetic patches... Why?

Where is charity to us from Focus in response?

If you all agree to invest in CXL franchise over and over, then FHI should be more responsible and provide maximum information about steps of development even detailed changelogs. Otherwise you're buying a pig in a poke.

X-Flame

Postby X-Flame » 13 October 2011, 14:44

hybridmike09 wrote:
X-Flame wrote:
hybridmike09 wrote:Wow, the ones who are dying to buy the so called expansion seem brainwashed. Most if not all who are upset at this latest offering are trying to give everyone who are looking to buy into CXL, a more overview of a- what's been going on since CXL '09 until now b- A shock of how little '12 adds content besides modding. I've played CXL since Monte Cristo released it in '09. Yes, modding is nice, but when you look at '09 to '11 it's 95% the same. Each edition is $39.99 (not including the "preorder sale"). With '12 all who have '11 all it adds is modding, 15 more maps, and 300 more buildings. To make it worthwhile, there should be bug fixes ( a lot of them linger still) included, added content (tweaking the old content) and some new content. If modding is indeed added and if anyone works on the transportation part of CXL, it might bring me back. This is the first time I won't preorder a CXL game. Most gaming sites say the same thing; it's thin in content and nothing new. If FHI invested more development into CXL, added more content, tweaked the old content then it would have a huge following from both SimCity fans (had to say SimCity because of Romaq) and CXL fans as well as city-building fans. Also, it would probably garner attention from educators. Nothing wrong with a realistic simulator that allows students to play and learn at the same time.

You are wrong.

Retail versions, not including the promotions. You have proof otherwise? Show it.

I heard they got this new thing, it's called internet, and you can buy stuff off of it too.

TarrasQ

Postby TarrasQ » 14 October 2011, 20:15

CXL keeps getting compared with Sim City - and why not? All city builders ever made after Sim City have been and will be.
Some of us have expressed their frustration and disappointment at CXL 2012 being merely a content addition. Well, things you like or love cause strong emotions especially when high expectations collide with reality.

But this was just an introduction to my point:
After Sim City was released, what was the next SC product? SC2000? No - it was a content disk that changed the graphics, in-game text and other data, but didn't touch the game logic. And the next SC product? You already guessed... another content disk with alternative graphics. :)

Btw, I loved building medieval cities with SC. :)

Ghulyen

Postby Ghulyen » 19 October 2011, 18:59

Can anyone please explain to me how the pre-order download goes?

I bought cities xl 2011 online and downloaded it at the same time.
The thing is I'm not sure of how you receive the digital copy you paid in advanced (plus the activation key). The AK is easly sent, by e-mail. But how does the download itself go?

Thx for your help

Best regards,

Elmo
Moderator ; End 2010 Award - Best User Requested Mods
Moderator ; End 2010 Award - Best User Requested Mods

Postby Elmo » 19 October 2011, 19:11

You should have a download link in one of the emails.

The 10% off offer is for Cities XL 2012 which is coming out in a few hours. Are you sure you bought the 2011 version? If you have bought Cities XL 2012 then you might have to wait a few hours for your download link.

Ghulyen

Postby Ghulyen » 19 October 2011, 21:19

Elmo wrote:You should have a download link in one of the emails.

The 10% off offer is for Cities XL 2012 which is coming out in a few hours. Are you sure you bought the 2011 version? If you have bought Cities XL 2012 then you might have to wait a few hours for your download link.

I bought cities xl 2011 1 year ago when it came out. But I think you made it clear.

To sum up,
- I pay the game (cities xl 2011/2012 expansion)
- on 21st I receive an e-mail with the Act. Key and the link to start the download

Thanks for your help

Return to “News”