Cities XL 2012 Unveils New Exclusive Screenshots!

Moderator: Focus Team

Vince

Cities XL 2012 Unveils New Exclusive Screenshots!

Postby Vince » 14 October 2011, 11:18

Now just a week from its release, Cities XL 2012 today unveiled 6 new screenshots showing part of the extensive new content. Players will get to see some of the 300 new buildings featured in the new edition of the popular city-building simulation. These screenshots also show off some of the new, challenging maps where virtual city planners will be able to design and create cities down to the slightest detail! Fractured and rugged landscape, landlocked building sites and limited access to natural resources... these challenging conditions and many more await players in Cities XL 2012, launching next week as both an update to the 2011 version and a standalone game.

Focusing on added content, Cities XL 2012 offers, thanks to nearly 300 new buildings, a staggering choice of a thousand of different structures that you will be able to place freely on more than 60 enormous maps, in order to create the cities of your dreams in every detail.

Cities XL 2012 will be released on October 20th in retail and online stores.

View the images

Pre-Purchase Cities XL 2012 and get 10% off

MR.sugar

Re: Cities XL 2012 Unveils New Exclusive Screenshots!

Postby MR.sugar » 14 October 2011, 12:40

Ok, so what's up with modding tools? Why don't you show something or tell us what they are like?

aitortilla01

Postby aitortilla01 » 14 October 2011, 12:52

I am terrified.

Still nothing on the modding tools... And some people here think all of a sudden we will be able to make buildings and mod the game easily... dream on; if it was so big, they would have shown something already.

All I see is a few new buildings and a bunch of re-textured old ones... not even a sad railway... oh well, long life to NEXL or Harbor XL...

Simmer

Postby Simmer » 14 October 2011, 13:18

Vincent, I understand that you may not be allowed to disclose the all amount of information you have, but, please, tell your management that FHI's policy of ignorance of public demands is simply unethical and is not nice.

soltan gris

Postby soltan gris » 14 October 2011, 14:20

It doesn't say anywhere in market rules that a company is obliged to communicate with its clients. And sorry, but there's no such thing as ethics in business - there's only profit and success.

But yeah, it's not nice at all.

Asheroo

Postby Asheroo » 14 October 2011, 14:33

aitortilla01 wrote:I am terrified.

Still nothing on the modding tools... And some people here think all of a sudden we will be able to make buildings and mod the game easily... dream on; if it was so big, they would have shown something already.

All I see is a few new buildings and a bunch of re-textured old ones... not even a sad railway... oh well, long life to NEXL or Harbor XL...

1) Modding tools have been completely confirmed. Can't argue with that, especially being only one week from release.

2) That's why the expansion to CXL 2011 is so cheap (seriously, US$15 is not much at all). The price is good for what it adds (300 new buildings, 15 new maps and modding tools). And I'm sure there will be lots of added value once the modding community goes crazy with the tools.

snick25
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support

Postby snick25 » 14 October 2011, 14:42

Asheroo wrote:1) Modding tools have been completely confirmed. Can't argue with that, especially being only one week from release.

2) That's why the expansion to CXL 2011 is so cheap (seriously, US$15 is not much at all). The price is good for what it adds (300 new buildings, 15 new maps and modding tools). And I'm sure there will be lots of added value once the modding community goes crazy with the tools.

Agreed.

But still people are going to freak out. :lol:

MR.sugar

Postby MR.sugar » 14 October 2011, 16:03

Asheroo wrote:
aitortilla01 wrote:I am terrified.

1) Modding tools have been completely confirmed. Can't argue with that, especially being only one week from release.

1) Yes, but we still don't know what they are like...

2) It is quite expensive. There is no additional value in terms of gameplay. Just few buildings and maps won't make game last longer! It's not affecting gameplay, it's more or less just "eye-candy". As for modding tools, if I miss the fact they should be free, I have to say that most likely, most of the mods should work with CXL11 as well ! If this is correct, then there is absolutely no reason to buy this...

Rome101

Postby Rome101 » 14 October 2011, 16:16

I can swear that there has been a graphical overhaul. Even the Light of Day effects and LOD(Level of Detail) and the the DD(Draw Distance) looks better. I might be wrong though.

And you know what, I really dig the new maps. That mountainous map with vertical building space is da bomb! I can totally see myself spending hours building new cities on the new maps. And assuming modding tools are going to be what we are expecting them to be, there will be enough new buildings to satisfy my needs.

banditdrbd

Postby banditdrbd » 15 October 2011, 00:42

well i pre ordered with FHI once again but i believe for the cost of this exspansion it's worth a look one question i do have is the mod tools included with the expansion ? i'm sure it has been answered before but yah know i'm a lil nirvus cuz i haven,t read anything that says it is?? any answers ? good i hope?? laff ...luv the game even with it's little speed bumps

Return to “News”