Green City Contest: let it green!

Moderator: Focus Team

Vince

Postby Vince » 29 March 2011, 18:53

After the successful first edition of Cities XL 2011 Contest, it is now time for all fans across the world to compete again!

Therefore, we would like to offer you the chance to participate in a new screenshots contest themed "Green City". Being a recurring topic in the news, the environmental issues impact our cities and daily way of life. This is why the environment will naturally be at the heart of this second Cities XL 2011 competition.

It is really simple to participate. Build a large and modern urban city able to meet the environmental needs of tomorrow in the best possible way and briefly describe your policy for sustainable development. Combine the two concepts in a single screenshot showing your green city of tomorrow. Then post your screenshot and your policy description in this topic.

The first phase of the contest will end on 15 April at 10:00 am GMT +1. The 5 best screenshots which will go through to the final phase will be selected by a jury composed of Focus employees. During the final phase, these 5 best participants will see their creation displayed on the official Cities XL 2011 Facebook Page.

The final phase will then take place on Facebook only, starting on 20 April. The participant that gathers the most "Likes" on Facebook by 28 April at 10:00 am GMT+1 will be officially the winner of the Cities XL 2011 Green City contest. He / she will then receive an exclusive collection of five Focus video games (digital versions of BlowBowl Legendary Edition, Runaway A Twist of Fate, Divinity II – the Dragon Knight Saga, Pro Cycling Manager 2010 and Cities In Motion), but also a great surprise that we unfortunately cannot unveil yet ;-). Each of the other four finalists will receive Cities in Motion (digital version), the new game by Colossal Order, and perfect complement to Cities XL 2011. We wish you good luck in the most prestigious yet Cities XL 2011 competition!

Rules to follow:
- The competition covers the cities created in Cities XL 2011 and is open to all players around the world
- Only one entry per person is allowed. Therefore, only the first screenshot posted by each participant will be taken into account. However, participants are allowed to change the posted screenshot before the end of the contest
- The size of the posted screenshots must not exceed 1 MB
- No graphic editing is allowed (no Photoshop, Paint or any other image editing software ...)
- All mods are allowed
- The descriptions should not exceed 400 characters, including spaces and punctuation. The descriptions must be in English. However, the quality of language used will not be a criteria in the judgment of the jury. Online translators are allowed for use in the competition. The descriptions of the 5 selected screenshots to participate in the final stage will be edited by Focus to allow for an easier understanding by the voters on the Facebook page

Caution:
Every participant must include a description with their screenshot.

Denco

Re: Green City Contest: let it green!

Postby Denco » 31 March 2011, 03:37

It’s shaping up to be another beautiful day in Santaria Bay! This luscious coast city is powered by scientifically improved wind turbines that are safe for animals. Public transport is top-notch, and citizens love participating in Ocean Awareness Day, where children and adults have fun and learn about preserving and protecting the marine environment. At Santaria Bay, life is green and happy!

(How is that?)
Last edited by Denco on 09 April 2011, 03:43, edited 4 times in total.
A graduation ceremony is an event where the commencement speaker tells thousands of students dressed in identical caps and gowns that 'individuality' is the key to success."
Lesson here folks is don't graduate.

c2s1

Postby c2s1 » 31 March 2011, 11:46

In Eagle City,the city hall named "Mother Earth's City Hall". There are 9 big parks,which they are big help for exchanging carbon dioxide into oxygen and I use the pedestrian instead of using small roads just to reduce the air pollution because cars release carbon dioxide. The windmills were very active instead of using power plants. The two towers were the sign of clean and Green.
Last edited by c2s1 on 07 April 2011, 12:03, edited 3 times in total.
Do not do unto others what you do not want others do unto you

babfromfocus

Postby babfromfocus » 31 March 2011, 14:06

Hi everybody,

I am helping Vincent from Focus for the community management and I will take care of this Green City Contest with him.
First of all, I would like to say thank you to all for your participation and your comments on Facebook and on the forum.
However, concerning your description, we cannot post a description of more than 400 characters on the Facebook page for the final phase, it's why we have set this limit to be able to pusblish the player's description on the Facebook page for the final phase. It would be a shame if your description was cut in two. :) Moreover, if you could highlight the name of your city, it would be great!

Thank you so much again for your participation! I wish you success in the Green City Contest!I just eremind you that you can change your screen and description until the last day of the first phase.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about the contest.

Babfromfocus
Focus Home Interactive

Denco

Postby Denco » 02 April 2011, 04:47

Which oft screenshots was better? The more general one I had earlier or the one up now,
A graduation ceremony is an event where the commencement speaker tells thousands of students dressed in identical caps and gowns that 'individuality' is the key to success."

c2s1

Postby c2s1 » 02 April 2011, 05:39

Denco wrote:Which oft screenshots was better? The more general one I had earlier or the one up now,

Yeah, Love your screenshot, oh I wish I have High graphic card quality computer than my dumb olll laptop. :lol:
Do not do unto others what you do not want others do unto you

Denco

Postby Denco » 02 April 2011, 13:41

Thanks c2s1! And have you looked into getting a more powerful graphics card? I just don't know if they make ones for laptop :(

Smirkazor

Postby Smirkazor » 08 April 2011, 09:29

One thing i'm not too sure on, is if it has to be a new city, or if you can use an existing city. cos it looks like the first guy just stuck some windmills in and slapped it on. It doesnt say anything about it in the rules. I do think its fair to have it having to be a completely new city from the ground up.

Kitsunebi

Postby Kitsunebi » 08 April 2011, 11:07

Well you can't tell if it's an old city or a new one ;) And I think it doesn't matter... if you have an old city which is just perfect for this contest, then why wouldn't you use it? 8-)
... quoth the raven NEVERMORE.

PauliXL Se

Postby PauliXL Se » 08 April 2011, 13:00

Why aren´t here any photos?????
green, green, green is everthing in that city: http://www.citiesxs.net/forum/index.php ... 531.0.html

Don´t read the text, when you can´t german. Look at the pictures
There was an update: 26.7.2010

Return to “General Forum”