Green City Contest: let it green!

Moderator: Focus Team

Oliver

Re: Green City Contest: let it green!

Postby Oliver » 08 April 2011, 13:26

There are two and I'm sure there will be much more in the coming days.
Best Regards
Oliver - the epic green monsterlike writerperson

Vince

Postby Vince » 08 April 2011, 14:50

Smirkazor wrote:One thing i'm not too sure on, is if it has to be a new city, or if you can use an existing city. cos it looks like the first guy just stuck some windmills in and slapped it on. It doesnt say anything about it in the rules. I do think its fair to have it having to be a completely new city from the ground up.

Hello Smirkazor, For the Green City Contest you can use either a new city or an existing one. There is no restriction there. It should be easier for everyone.

Hyperwolf

Postby Hyperwolf » 09 April 2011, 20:55

The residents of Lua Bay love having a picnic in one of their 113 parks. Most of their vehicles are fueled by B20 biodiesel or electricity. Through the "Clean Future" incentive program, residents are encouraged to install solar panels on their homes for energy conservation. A large percentage of the city's energy comes from ultra-modern windmills. This is truly a "green" city.

albaluce

Postby albaluce » 10 April 2011, 23:09

My Green City... My First City.

Only Green Industry with modern techonology can be built in First city. No traffic and pollution thanks to large investment on pubblic transport (Bus and underground). And a new Eolic Zone will born on the other side of the sea. No carbon, only Sun and Wind can produce energy in First City.

Alb@luce
Last edited by albaluce on 11 April 2011, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.

Vince

Postby Vince » 11 April 2011, 10:03

albaluce wrote:My Green City... My First City.
Alb@luce

Nice Alb@, do not forget to post your text with that ;-).

Vince

grgcucu

Postby grgcucu » 12 April 2011, 16:30

A new day arises in Trashopolis. The happy workers wake up, gather their tools, take the lift down 70 stores, then get to the supermarket just to find out either the food supply has been invaded by rats either someone got there before them and took all the food rations. Until 9am, all the factories and power plants are filled with thousands of underpaid workers, looking like ants, waiting for a shoe to take the burden off their shoulders. Until 1pm they get the newspaper and pray not to find their families there. There's no day without a loud scream coming from the big power plant in the city center. There's no day without a man getting out of the factory, getting his mask off, and smelling the horrifying air that makes him fall on the street while blocking his will of getting up again. The day ends, and
a new one starts. This is how the future looks like, this is how the future will welcome us, don't try to resist, don't try, don't do, don't. You will just fail and end up like the other. Don't try to resist, don't do, don't.

Hope you realize this is not a real entry. And, please, don't delete it, maybe I'll win some clean air by the end of the contest :D

peluche

Postby peluche » 12 April 2011, 16:59

:lol: Ben future is not bright

cos267

Postby cos267 » 13 April 2011, 01:56

I think when we build the cities for this contest yes we can describe what the ideal green city is but also take into count that we have to back that up with visuals. Anyone can descibe the city they create but the power comes in the one picture we submit that shows great parks or a great buss route or heavily used subway with little traffic on the roads and more high tech than dirty industry. Does anyone agree?

Question for focus...

Can we use one giant pic and put small sub pics within the main pic to show off the city in different angles or is it one pic and thats final?

Elmo
Moderator ; End 2010 Award - Best User Requested Mods
Moderator ; End 2010 Award - Best User Requested Mods

Postby Elmo » 13 April 2011, 04:02

Jihana, the city of innovation, has been investing in renewable energy sources since their early development. This has allowed the city to acquire the latest technology and incorporate it into powerful wind turbines occupying its plateaus. Satisfying all energy needs, the wind power is now vital for the efficient metro network which has helped to significantly lower the amount of road traffic.

PCWhiz24

Postby PCWhiz24 » 14 April 2011, 05:47

Here's my entry, Super Green City

Super Green city has a population of 951,000 people (nearly 1 million). This city is green with exactly zero pollution, nothing but the power of the wind to power this city. Super Green City has a major downtown with tall offices streaking across the skyline, surrounded by miles of vast, beautiful green suburbs, and farming areas on the outskirts of town. There is underground metro, every car is an electric, non-polluting car (same with busses) an indoor stadium, a tall restaurant that rises above the skyline, and china town, located on the other side of the river, and best of all, 100% pure, clean, fresh air.
Last edited by PCWhiz24 on 15 April 2011, 00:56, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “General Forum”