Green City Contest: let it green!

Moderator: Focus Team

Kitsunebi

Re: Green City Contest: let it green!

Postby Kitsunebi » 14 April 2011, 08:26

Welcome to Asherah! This is a future city, built in the desert. Most temperate regions will be urbanized but the desert will provide a lot of free space. The soil is fertile but dry, so advanced irrigation will be needed. Public transport will play a major role in Asherah – mainly underground because of the heat. The required energy will be generated by wind or sun... and the desert turns green (=
... quoth the raven NEVERMORE.

Winter Dragon

Postby Winter Dragon » 14 April 2011, 11:57

Green Star is a future city in which things are produced locally as much as possible. Cycling and walking replace cars as a primary mode of transportaion, food is grown among the city's many leisure zones and parks and paths bring nature into the city by weaving among trees, gardens, lakes and rivers. Wind and solar energy also reduce grid consumption and electrical maintenance by one third.

TechTreker

Postby TechTreker » 15 April 2011, 04:19

Lunsod Verde is a city that will welcome you with outstanding green parks. Inside the city is a combination of modern amenities and recreation in an environmentally and agriculturally conserved destination beaming with socio-economic and environmental balance and hoarmony. All these and many more will make you proud living in this green city of Lunsod Verde, the city with ZERO air and noise pollution...only green trees, rich farms, and clean blue seas. :D

TechTreker

Postby TechTreker » 15 April 2011, 04:27

why can't i attach the photo.???? it says it has reach the limit...

Elmo
Moderator ; End 2010 Award - Best User Requested Mods
Moderator ; End 2010 Award - Best User Requested Mods

Postby Elmo » 15 April 2011, 04:45

You need to upload it to an external site like Photobucket or Imageshack. Then place a link to it in your post, highlight it and click on the "Img" button to add an image tag.

Hope this helps.

Smirkazor

Postby Smirkazor » 15 April 2011, 08:30

Urasha

Greetings from Urasha! Here is a city thats not afraid to go that extra mile to help save the planet. This completely Eco-friendly metropolis utilizes a wide variety of clean energy to power it's infrastructure. From Wind farms to solar technology. Even Biofuel. This city is truly a wonder of the world, an inspiration, leading the way with zero emissions for a greener future and a greener planet.

babfromfocus

Green City Contest: let it green!

Postby babfromfocus » 15 April 2011, 10:24

The first phase is now over. Thanks a lot for all your propositions and your screenshots! :D
Names, screenshots and propositions of the five finalists will be published on the Cities XL official Facebook page on Wednesday the 20th of April! Stay tuned, bring the maximum of your friends to support you and win the Final!

Winter Dragon

Postby Winter Dragon » 16 April 2011, 09:06

I have no friends on facebook and don't use it at all. There goes my chances of winning... :? ...but I hope I'm surprised pleasantly! :)

<Edit> This was intended more as a joke, but people took it seriously which made me look like a grouch. Sorry.
Last edited by Winter Dragon on 21 April 2011, 02:10, edited 1 time in total.

snick25
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support

Postby snick25 » 16 April 2011, 16:48

Winter Dragon wrote:I have no friends on facebook and don't use it at all. There goes my chances of winning... :? ...but I hope I'm surprised pleasantly! :)

I don't think you need to have a facebook account. I think the admins are going to create one for you, and friends don't matter either. It's whoever gets the most "likes".

c2s1

Postby c2s1 » 18 April 2011, 09:05

snick25 wrote:
Winter Dragon wrote:I have no friends on facebook and don't use it at all. There goes my chances of winning... :? ...but I hope I'm surprised pleasantly! :)

I don't think you need to have a facebook account. I think the admins are going to create one for you, and friends don't matter either. It's whoever gets the most "likes".

How about if I have a facebook account?......
Do not do unto others what you do not want others do unto you

Return to “General Forum”