Green City contest: let's like it!

Moderator: Focus Team

Vince

Green City contest: let's like it!

Postby Vince » 20 April 2011, 17:51

The Green City Contest now enters its grand final. Congratulations to the five finalists: Denco, Alb@luce, PCWhiz24, Smirkazor and Kitsunebi. Vote for your favorite proposition by clicking on the "like" button of the picture you prefer. And do not hesitate to tell your friend to support your favorite finalist by doing so!

Official Cities XL facebook page

Album of the finalists on Facebook

Denco

Re: Green City contest: let's like it!

Postby Denco » 21 April 2011, 11:50

YAY!! my screenshot got in, but I don't think I will win :cry: but congratulations to all the finalists!!!
One question, what do you think the "special surprise that they can't reveal yet" is???
I think is somesort of beta test for a patch, or whole new game :o THAT, even if I don't win, WOULD BE AWESOME! :D
A graduation ceremony is an event where the commencement speaker tells thousands of students dressed in identical caps and gowns that 'individuality' is the key to success."
Lesson here folks is don't graduate.

Smirkazor

Postby Smirkazor » 27 April 2011, 18:39

PCWhiz24's entry appears to have exceeded the 400 word limit in the description? thought that wasnt allowd. only just realised. If i knew you could of gone over 400 characters i would of made a better description lol.

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 27 April 2011, 19:22

Smirkazor wrote:PCWhiz24's entry appears to have exceeded the 400 word limit in the description? thought that wasnt allowd. only just realised. If i knew you could of gone over 400 characters i would of made a better description lol.

The limit is 400 characters, not 400 words. I've just visited the description on FB and checked it. 106 words, but unfortunately 617 characters (including spaces), 512 without.

Yes, on that basis it does *look* as if it breaks the competition rules.

Note I say "look" as it is up to Focus to judge - moderators have no role in this contest and I don't want to be pushy. I will notify Focus about your report and leave it for them to determine what action is most appropriate.

It may be that as the entry looks unlikely to secure first place, they could decide to do nothing. Please understand the reasoning if that is ultimately the case.

Tom.

Smirkazor

Postby Smirkazor » 27 April 2011, 23:39

Seeing as its not first, i dont particularly mind, but its the fact that its there exceeding the limit whereas i could of exceeded the limit and possibly got more votes cos of it, but still, looks like the best picture wins in the end :).

No biggy.

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 28 April 2011, 10:09

Who knows? It may yet be disqualified. Let's wait and see what action Focus take.

Denco

Postby Denco » 28 April 2011, 11:40

I don't care, im in last place :lol:
A graduation ceremony is an event where the commencement speaker tells thousands of students dressed in identical caps and gowns that 'individuality' is the key to success."
Lesson here folks is don't graduate.

Return to “General Forum”