CXL2012 Preorder from Steam or Retail?

Moderator: Focus Team

nicko2u

Re: CXL2012 Preorder from Steam or Retail?

Postby nicko2u » 12 October 2011, 14:39

ohadi195 wrote:
nicko2u wrote:for those who haven't seen this - Steam News says -
save even more if you already own Cities XL 2011.

If you purchased Cities XL 2011 through retail, you can now register your CD Key on Steam!

can someone please help me on how do I register my cd Key of CXL2011 which I didn't buy from steam but from focus's official site?

I did add the game to the library but when I buying CXL2012 I don't get the discount.. :cry:

Hrm I think Vince answered this recently here (but unsure why you not getting a discount) - mods maybe move to FAQ's or sticky?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4762&start=20

copy of above post below -

Vince wrote:
Rome101 wrote:What if I have a retail copy of CXL2011, but the current installment is a downloaded copy? Will I still be able to upgrade my game?

Hello Rome101, if you own a copy CXL11, whether you downloaded it or purchased it in retail store, you will be able to buy and play with the expansion pack of Cities XL 2012. More precisely there are three possibilities if you own CXL11:
- You own CXL11 and want to purchase the expansion of CXL12 in retail store. You just have to buy it and install it.
- You own CXL11 and want to purchase the expansion of CXL12 in any digital store (steam included, you just have to buy it, download the game and install it.
- You bought CXL11 on steam and want to buy the expansion of CXL12 in another digital store. It is not possible. You will have to get the full game.

If you bought the game anywhere (except steam) and want to buy the expansion of CXL12 on steam you will have to add you CXL11 to your steam library, for that you just need to click on the "add a steam game" button and follow the steps, as in the image below. Image

ohadi195

Re: CXL2012 Preorder from Steam or Retail?

Postby ohadi195 » 12 October 2011, 15:16

thanx mate I have managed to activate the key on steam. afterwards I got the discount.

just bought the game :)

Return to “General Forum”