Thank you Mr-Tom

Moderator: Focus Team

Rob
End 2010 Award - Best Tool
End 2010 Award - Best Tool

Re: Thank you Mr-Tom

Postby Rob » 26 October 2011, 10:29

Mr-Tom was a superb moderator who showed diligence. Once being a mod myself on a high volume board; I know how it feels to dedicate your time to moderation, which can be a pretty large suction on your free time. I hope that this will not be the last we see of Mr-Tom, as he was no doubt a major role in the community ... having helped construct and further the development of the game and community interests, including connecting some of the greatest minds to get things moving.

I believe I speak on behalf of everyone when I say,

Thank You.
I Support The Cannabis Act of 2012 - Legalize, Because It Makes Sense...
I am a Software Developer & Conservative Republican & I Am Voting Yes.

montoto_sk

Postby montoto_sk » 26 October 2011, 12:23

Farewell Tom!

Unfortunately we've lost the nice one.

Just saying...I love you Ollie :mrgreen:

We also just have lost you until October the 30th.

hebl

Postby hebl » 26 October 2011, 12:40

Thanks for everything, mr-tom! I will miss your screaming avatar :D
You have really helped this community, and although you are no longer a moderator, I hope you will still check in as a fellow user from time to time :)

Cheers!

user

Postby user » 26 October 2011, 16:33

You are a very nice person, very talented in communication and have a mature thinking. I appreciate what you did for this forum. I feel really sad to see you leaving. But I know you will still online and keep in touch with us.

Thank you mr-tom :)
Joinning the world largest Cities XL forum XLNation.net
Over a hundred mods hosted on XLNation and new mods are coming out every week!
Also, over 150 City Journal has been shared, lot of them are uniquely created and designed!

Oliver

Postby Oliver » 26 October 2011, 18:25

Tom,

I think I don't have to say anything other than that I will miss you.
Best Regards
Oliver - the epic green monsterlike writerperson

MinDBlanK

Postby MinDBlanK » 26 October 2011, 20:48

From what I saw in my short time being here is a lot of very good informative posts and could see your passion for the game, I'm sure the guys here will miss your input.

I'm going to have to check out xlnation now :)

Edit * I see your frustration with Focus was the reason also, that is understandable; as I feel the same pain. (Think I got what your post insinuating)

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 26 October 2011, 22:00

Hi guys,

Thank you for your kind messages.

Trust me, I remain on really good terms with Focus - Vince and Thierry are friends who I place a lot of trust in. Believe me, no company is perfect, but I believe that with Focus, the game is in good hands.

To prevent rumours of Focus and me no longer being friends, obviously there are a lot of factors in a decision like this, but as much as anything, it was due to a long term illness which has worsened - I need to take some time out and moderating is a role where you don't really get to do that.

I hope to continue to contribute to the game via a number of projects such as NEXL and the Cities XL wiki.

I'm sure I'll see you guys around.

Tom.

P.S. Please be nice to the moderators - they do a difficult (and in many senses unattractive) job and in my opinion, they do it with a great deal of skill.

MinDBlanK

Postby MinDBlanK » 26 October 2011, 22:23

They do a difficult job for sure, but the game itself affects that job, more than any tom. The game can make it as easy as the game allows it to be. You clearly know that.

I haven't been around long posting (Exaclty a few hours to be honest, and you probably dont care for my opinion in ways) but you can only do so much without the developer help and a faultless game backing you. I have like I mentioned before read these forums for months and sometimes for HOURS on end trying to understand this wicked (slang in the UK for AWESOME! game). But it must take its toll and everyone here will/can/do understand this. City building used to be a lot more mainstream when it came to the geek revolution that was PC gaming but today it has become a niche and doesn't have the mega bucks backing that the mainstream can induce. So no, it isn't your fault at all, you have moved onto an area of the game that can remove itself from that problem and through ill health benefits you as well.

Good luck in the future and I'll get myself added to the xlnation roster, I'm not a modder and computer programming is not my thing weather it be with mod tools or programming education (I have used SDK tools etc in the past to create maps tho!)

I just wish wish wish, that Focus can make this game run into the 21st century, the reason it isn't bigger is because it doesn't have 2011/12 support for hardware.

Blah, I had a bit to drink now, but I love this game and this forum and the talent on display here, if you ask me City building is what kicked off the PC gaming revolution!

Peace man and good luck with the health, nothing is greater than that!

Ofir

Postby Ofir » 28 October 2011, 14:22

Thanks alot Mr-Tom!
I wish you good luck in the future!

daveyj

Postby daveyj » 11 November 2011, 12:55

good luck mr-tom thanks for keeping the forums sane ;)

Return to “General Forum”