Ideas for CitiesXL

Moderator: Focus Team

ashley92

Re: Ideas for CitiesXL

Postby ashley92 » 13 October 2010, 13:41

Could we also have a very basic free roam? So you control a car / person and you just click where you want to go. The car is restrained to the roads and the person can go anywhere (like in Cities XL 2009).

City Builder

Postby City Builder » 13 October 2010, 17:17

Sorry, but I don't understand Simaril. If custom content ruins the game for you, then why do you use it? Last I checked, nobody was forcing anybody to use custom content in their own game.

I did think of one more item that I'd really like to see in CXL, something that would make urban renewal much simpler, cleaner and something I'd be far more likely to do.

Since buildings are all the same two sizes, I'd really like the ability to be able to plonk down a buildng on top of a building and have it replace the original building. This eliminates having to use the delete function to delete a bulding before placing the new one in it's place and would be very welcome indeed to me.

So for example, I find want to replace an unskilled worker with a medical clinic, so I simply place a medical clinic over an unskilled workers lot, click the mouse button and have it delete the unskilled workers lot and replace it with the medical clinic.

The whole design of having to click the bulldozer, and then click the individual bulldozer and then click the lot, and then right click to put away the delete function is far too many clicks for what should be simply to choose another lot to put in place of the lot already planted in the city.

Just my thoughts on it.
Last edited by City Builder on 14 October 2010, 03:50, edited 1 time in total.
All posts on this forum from me are mine, and do NOT represent Focus Home Interactive unless stated otherwise.
EX-Moderator of Cities XL forums

WHEN YOU ARE TIRED OF GAMES OF DESTRUCTION - Visit CITY BUILDER GAMES FOR GAMES OF CONSTRUCTION.

Chmielok

Postby Chmielok » 13 October 2010, 18:03

Definitely trams.
Almost every big european city has trams. No difference Spain or Poland. They are and they should be added.

miceinblack

Postby miceinblack » 14 October 2010, 07:10

How about a military naval base. Naval bases are very big boosters to city incomes. It would be cool to see an aircraft carrier or a cruiser come into port. I'd also maybe like to see campgrounds that can be made in undeveloped areas which function similarly to a park.

Random

Postby Random » 14 October 2010, 16:06

will there be an option to make custom buildings/plazas/etc... for CITIESXL2011?

bubble

Postby bubble » 01 May 2011, 12:48

nice pictures,time square am i right? great plazas
WebOptimizer24 - In 2011 one of the leading SEO agencies for search engine optimization for top positions in Google & Co based in Germany. http://www.weboptimizer24.de

Quencer

Postby Quencer » 20 October 2011, 10:06

Mazi wrote:Please increase number of pedestrians walking on streets, it' very unrealistic to see high density skyscrapers areas and only 5 people walking around...no more ghost city ! x360 key

PS: Is there a mod to increase number of peds?

nicko2u

Postby nicko2u » 20 October 2011, 10:34

City Builder wrote:
Since buildings are all the same two sizes, I'd really like the ability to be able to plonk down a buildng on top of a building and have it replace the original building. This eliminates having to use the delete function to delete a bulding before placing the new one in it's place and would be very welcome indeed to me.

So for example, I find want to replace an unskilled worker with a medical clinic, so I simply place a medical clinic over an unskilled workers lot, click the mouse button and have it delete the unskilled workers lot and replace it with the medical clinic.

The whole design of having to click the bulldozer, and then click the individual bulldozer and then click the lot, and then right click to put away the delete function is far too many clicks for what should be simply to choose another lot to put in place of the lot already planted in the city.

Just my thoughts on it.

I disagree I think actually having to bulldoze a building to replace it with another is just more realistic as a sim.

X-Flame

Postby X-Flame » 20 October 2011, 11:06

Yeah but there's a difference between being realistic and being annoying.

I wish we could use hotkeys to swap to different menus. Like bringing up the Delete button with D, Housing/Residences with H/R, Industry with I, etc.

vg_colt

Postby vg_colt » 20 October 2011, 18:51

I think its better to do a "undo" hotkey with 1-2 steps backward, because when you building roads or else, and making a mistake, it is so irritating to switch up menus bulldose parts that were bad, and then again switch up to road tool or whatever

Return to “General Forum”