hybridmike09 wrote:Bring drawbridges back, complete with animated gates, signal lights, and watchtower w/ workers.
Wait what.. There were initially drawbridges? Where was I when this conversation was had, I don't even remember seeing them in Beta or even City Life.
But I must say it would be rather fantastic to have LDNesque drawbridges and just new bridge designs completely, I'm sick of the same old design for every bridge. What city has the exact say bridges... really u guiz..
Winter Dragon wrote:Got an idea for sharing cities without any official online services. Basically it'd work something like this;
1. The author of the city saves their city as a special version that can only be loaded in tourist mode.
2. The author uploads their their city to web hosting (there's heaps of free ones you can use)
3. Players can then download the city into their game and import it in a new map slot. Obviously it cannot have the same name as an existing city. If the city uses any mods, the author is responsible for mentioning them.
4. The city can then be visited in tourist mode. You won't be able to edit any cities that aren't yours, but you could still load them and look around.
5. You can delete other player's cities from your map just like your own cities, using the trashcan button.
You could even reinstate avatar mode for this, but it's not neccessary. You could also trade with the city's tokens, if it has any.
You can and people do already DL other peoples' cities and play them etc etc, it's been happening since the fall of PO. Less and less however due to mods etc, but still has been done.