what is Cities XL Platinum

Moderator: Focus Team

what is Cities XL Platinum

Postby Davir » 06 February 2013, 16:59

Hello there i just see this here on facebook https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 579&type=1

so what is Cities XL Platinum

Sorry but i must ask
Davir

Re: what is Cities XL Platinum

Postby City Builder » 07 February 2013, 15:22

If you already own Cities XL 2012, then it's a 50 houses/structures (buildings) DLC pack, if you own CITIES XL 2011 then it's an update to Cities XL 2012 with the extra maps and aprox 350 buildings that made up the Cities XL 2012 game release a year or more back.

Thierry stated on the Steam forums that it contains 50 houses + "some fixes" but did not give any details on what those "fixes" might actually be.

Until we know more many of us are holding onto the $4.50 since Focus is being so vague about the issue (what else is new).
Last edited by City Builder on 07 February 2013, 17:14, edited 2 times in total.
City Builder

Postby Freki » 07 February 2013, 17:03

Hi,

Cities XL Platinum offers 50 brand new structures.

Remember, if you are already a player of Cities XL 2011 or 2012 on PC, you can get the Platinum Edition at an exceptional price.
CITIES XL
Focus Team
Freki

Postby Tridon » 07 February 2013, 17:35

Freki wrote:Hi,

Cities XL Platinum offers 50 brand new structures.

Remember, if you are already a player of Cities XL 2011 or 2012 on PC, you can get the Platinum Edition at an exceptional price.

I'm pleased to see that there has been some work going on with the game, however small it may seem. =)

Freki, do you have any information about the fixes that have been done in this version? If the memory leak or thread problems have been fixed, I would rather buy the package at full price, than buying at the reduced price =)
Tridon

Postby MR.sugar » 07 February 2013, 17:43

i'm willing to buy the game as long as you convince me. What are these fixes? And most importantly, are there any plans for the future? I don't want to invest single euro into dead game and this step kinda seems like "guys, lets just milk some more money and put the whole franchise put on ice". It honestly does look like that. Don't be so vague and just keep talking to us a bit more, cmon! :(
MR.sugar

Postby Freki » 07 February 2013, 17:53

I'm checking with my colleagues what we can provide you!

I come back soon.
CITIES XL
Focus Team
Freki

Postby oldbrokenlink » 08 February 2013, 03:22

i have cities xl 2012 and am interested in upgrading to cities xl platinum, but before i do i would like to know what exactly are the differences

please post a link to changelog
please post list and images of all new buildings, maps, ect

thanks in advance
oldbrokenlink

Postby Freki » 08 February 2013, 17:17

Hi,

Here is the update 951 for Cities XL Platinum viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7705

Concerning content, Cities XL Platinum offers 50 new structures.
CITIES XL
Focus Team
Freki

Postby MR.sugar » 08 February 2013, 18:58

Thank you. It's nice to have a person from Focus who can communicate a bit more and I appreciate it. :)

Any news on the future? As for me, that's very important. I think after those 3 years, FHI should say something about their plans with the franchise. And not only "we plan something", but a bit more concrete. I would rly like to hear that they plan to get proper development team for the game for example...

FHI did nothign with the game over those 3 years, aside of constant re-releases. People are definitely not happy at all, according to reaction, so I think it would be rly nice if you share something with us. It even could encourage more people to buy the current release, if they see the future behind this franchise... This still looks like it's the end for CXL to be honest.

I think it's time to act Focus ;) ...
MR.sugar

Postby mcsnetworks » 08 February 2013, 19:11

I couldn't agree more.

Focus has really dropped the ball when it bought the CitiesXL from MC. They promised big improvements which there have been virtually none. They said better communication with its user base which hasn't panned out.

This CitiesXL Platinum edition seems to be one last push before SimCity 5 buries the CitiesXL product. The fact that Focus has basically zero information on what the difference is between CitiesXL 2012 and CitiesXL Platinum is also a concern, if it was in fact a better product with more features and a ton of bug fixes I think it would be clearly stated on the home page, which its not.

From what I can tell they simply added 50 new models to the game without fixing any of its out-standing bugs that have existed in the product since they purchased it from MC.

Sorry to say but I will NOT be purchasing CitiesXL Platinum just like I didn't buy CitiesXL 2012. I was already fooled twice when I bought CitiesXL from MC then again when Focus bought the product.

Until I see significant efforts put to improve the product, I'll be waiting until March when Maxis releases their product.
mcsnetworks

Next

Return to General Forum