Youtube = Game...no COMPUTER Freeze!!

Moderator: Focus Team

Mechalic

Youtube = Game...no COMPUTER Freeze!!

Postby Mechalic » 26 October 2010, 12:43

Hi,

I find it extremely frustrating that the game does not run with youtube.

You can be playing the game all fine, and then as soon as you start watching a vid/song for background music within a few seconds the game completely freezes.

And this isnt a freeze that you can cntrl+alt+del or alt+F4 or windows tab or alt+tab out if, it freezes the entire computer!

I haven't experianced an entire computer freeze in over 4 years, and considering my computer is custom built only 4 weeks ago and runs everything else with ease, along with intel hyperthreading, its a shock that this is the only game i have ever experianced that locks the entire computer if youtube is played in the background.

I mean whats with that? (I FFXIV) Daily with no issues, yet with this game, it all goes to tears.

Thanks,

Matt

biffbaffboff

Re: Youtube = Game...no COMPUTER Freeze!!

Postby biffbaffboff » 26 October 2010, 13:37

This hasnt happened to me with Youtube although it did happen to me a few times when I've had Spotify open, it freezes my whole computer for ~25 seconds and then im able to quit the game / a debug error comes up and the game closes. I just hope these issues, along with others such as poor perfomance, using only 1 core, memory leak etc.. will be addressed in the next patch because when this game actually performs well on the rare occasions (For example when you have just started a new city and there isnt much population) its actually a really good game and I enjoy playing it, its just it gets to a point when it becomes unplayable.

And yes my system meets the minimum requirements by a country mile as it's a new system i've just put together. This isnt the only game where the developers havent taken advantage of multicore's or has really bad memory leaks. Other games that I enjoy like Civ 5 or Heroes of Newerth also suffer from similar problems, so I'm guessing programming for multicores is extremely difficult but there should be no excuse for the memory leak issues...

Return to “Technical Forum”