[Main Topic] 1.5.0 Patch discussion thread

Moderator: Focus Team

Almo

[Main Topic] 1.5.0 Patch discussion thread

Postby Almo » 24 February 2011, 19:29

(mod edit - we've designated this thread the "official patch discussion thread. Please keep it constructive or we will delete your posts.)

Ok, Ive bit my tounge so far.. but to be honest, ive had enough!!
I bought Cities XL 2011 when it got released and was quite satisfied with the game untill i started to find when you build a city bigger than your local town / village it starts to lag, the performance just drops completely, So i done a scout about on the internet and heard all these comments on "Memory Leak, Does not support more single core processors" well, i emailed the cities xl support team and they comfirmed that for me and i was gob smacked! for a 2011 game that does not support more than single core or more than 3gb ram, i mean thats pathetic.

So i heard on the forum that they was bringing out a patch, WooHoo!!! i thought so i sat waiting and waiting till the patch has finally come out. And Why? i ask, What was the point?? its done absolutly naff all to the performance of the game (and just so we all know, my pc spec is well above recommended) So please, If this patch has worked for anyone, Please let me know, If anyone else is suffering from my persistant problem, Also let me know

Thats my moan over!! Please feel free to add to it :)

P.S. To the focus team!!! One thing you didnt sort out, Since when did cars drive without headlights at night time. (Dohhhh)

Almo

Re: 1.5.0 Update = Pointless!

Postby Almo » 24 February 2011, 19:40

The patch is released lol, viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2704

its at the top of the technical forum

Aelencia

Re: 1.5.0 Update = Pointless!

Postby Aelencia » 24 February 2011, 19:41

Nothing for me.. :)
I was expecting great things, as can be read in my Thread.
Oh well, quality is far fetched these days.. :)

TheNextGeneration

New Patch ~Exact same as testing patch~

Postby TheNextGeneration » 24 February 2011, 22:41

So today when I saw the new patch, I was like "Cool! Maybe they fixed *long list of problems, lag to name a few* ". So I read the description and It's the exact same thing as the test patch. I download it anyway to find out that its the exact same thing as the test patch with no changes whatsoever.
I thought that the test patch was a test for a reason, to find and fix bugs and issues, and prevent them from being in the final patch product.
I must say im a little bit dissapointed at this, Many people (including me) had no overall increase in game speed (aka less lag). There were also numerous bugs with the new menu styling, like city hall upgrades overlapping road and building menus.
I hope very hard this is not the last patch for this game.

mr-tom

Re: New Patch ~Exact same as testing patch~

Postby mr-tom » 25 February 2011, 00:01

TheNextGeneration wrote:So today when I saw the new patch, I was like "Cool! Maybe they fixed *long list of problems, lag to name a few* ". So I read the description and It's the exact same thing as the test patch. I download it anyway to find out that its the exact same thing as the test patch with no changes whatsoever.
I thought that the test patch was a test for a reason, to find and fix bugs and issues, and prevent them from being in the final patch product.
I must say im a little bit dissapointed at this

When something has been built and goes out for test, that's not the point at which you ask "what new features can we add?" It's the point at which you ask "do the changes that we have made work?"

If the patch itself was identified as being faulty, then that is something that would be fixed. New functionality is another matter entirely.

Evergreen

Re: [Main Topic] 1.5.0 Patch discussion thread

Postby Evergreen » 25 February 2011, 01:01

There's one thing that's positive , it's all still as long you build nothing..realistic..as soon you gonna build ..some roads..some houses.. there's sound...

like a beautifull noise :D

mcsnetworks

Postby mcsnetworks » 25 February 2011, 08:25

How do I apply the new patch overtop of the beta patch.

The installer says that I already have the correct version but the .exe is still from the beta version, which means its not the right version. I installed this patch on a machine that didn't have the beta and its 20+ days different in creation date.

baller23

Postby baller23 » 25 February 2011, 08:30

You have to uninstall the game then install it again. But this time apply the final patch only. Make sure to backup your cities. ;)

Lori

Postby Lori » 25 February 2011, 08:33

Okay.
I'm tired finding conditions, when our game stops leaking memory. No info at all. Only some persons, who magically don't see any glitches.

I would be happy to hear guys who not suffering memory leak (if they say truth) and would ask them to post a full set of software installed on their PCs including OS, updates, utilities, plugins, antiviruses, specific OS settings and so on.

Please, what are the conditions of CXL "perfectly running"? :?:

Evergreen

Postby Evergreen » 25 February 2011, 10:07

most expensive is out lined

and new kind off windmills :lol:

Return to “Technical Forum”