Cities XL 2012 doesnt start (win 7 64 bit)

Moderator: Focus Team

Was the answer from TechSupport usefull?

Poll ended at 09 February 2012, 15:08

YES
No votes
NO
100%

Total votes : 7

Re: Cities XL 2012 doesnt start (win 7 64 bit)

Postby Hout » 28 December 2011, 01:59

I did buy the original CD in the store. See also previous communication Focus TechSupport.

lud1 wrote:What installation media you use ? Maybe the file is broken in time of downloading/coping ?
Hout

Postby lud1 » 28 December 2011, 14:44

Just for try use another version from somewhere trial or cracked. You can also try to copy the content of the DVD on the hard drive and then install from hard drive. But when remove the old installation be sure all old files are deleted! The files are in game folder and in user folder app data. Then restart the system and install one more time . Also every first run try with Run As Administrator option .
lud1

Postby Hout » 28 December 2011, 16:20

Dear Lud,

Thanks for your input. Please consider all comments of this forum. When the same options will be discussed over and over again, it is not interesting for others. Also illegal options will not help other people. The main question to Focus Techsupport is:

Will there be a software update soon or is it better that we ask for a refund? :?:

I mean the problem as described is discussed in different forums by different people.
Until today I did not get an advice back from Focus Techsupport to message on 25th of December 2011 (13:18) .

In general, I think its mandatory that "FOCUS Home Interactive" informs their customers about the common problems that are known to the game. Parallel to that, they need to inform that the company is working on the problems and provide an estimated date for the patch of the game.

Its all about, managing customer expectations! Also when informing a customer that it takes 3 more months to develop a patch , it's better then nothing. If a game causes so much errors, and the company who makes it doesn't inform the customer, then they will never buy the product again.
Subject to that; you can develop as many games as you wish, but if the people are not willing to buy your product anymore, you don't have anything to sell.
Hout

Postby FocusTechSupport » 28 December 2011, 17:48

The game is compatible with most hardware configurations (if you have the minimum system requirements).
The game is fully compatible with Windows 7 64-bit. The game developers will not make a patch for your computer only.

1. Click Windows Start button or press Windows and R keys.
2. Type MSINFO32 in the Search bar (bottom left) or in the Open box and press Enter key.
3. Click File then Export.
4. Save the report somewhere convenient like the Desktop (you have to be able to find it).
5. Right mouse click the report and click Send To.
6. Click Compressed (zipped) folder then Yes button.
7. Send us by e-mail the report in attachment: support@focus-home.com
TECHNICAL SUPPORT
FOCUS INTERACTIVE TEAM
FocusTechSupport

Postby Hout » 28 December 2011, 20:11

Thanks. I understand that the developers does not make a patch for me.
If a patch will be made a lot of other corrections will be included, and maybe my problem not.
Even though the customer should have an option to see if there will be a patch coming out in a while or not.

I did send you the MSINFO32 file by mail:
Again, thanks for your support.

FocusTechSupport wrote:The game is compatible with most hardware configurations (if you have the minimum system requirements).
The game is fully compatible with Windows 7 64-bit. The game developers will not make a patch for your computer only.

1. Click Windows Start button or press Windows and R keys.
2. Type MSINFO32 in the Search bar (bottom left) or in the Open box and press Enter key.
3. Click File then Export.
4. Save the report somewhere convenient like the Desktop (you have to be able to find it).
5. Right mouse click the report and click Send To.
6. Click Compressed (zipped) folder then Yes button.
7. Send us by e-mail the report in attachment: support@focus-home.com
Hout

Postby lud1 » 29 December 2011, 00:28

OK I will not bother you !
lud1

Postby Gavrache » 29 December 2011, 21:57

I am experiencing an identical error code, and similar system setup. This does not sound like an isolated incident to me.
Gavrache

Postby whitebeard » 30 December 2011, 00:20

I understand that installing and running drivers for virtual dvd/cd drives can cause problems with securom games. the protection system suspects the game is pirated and will not allow it to start up. it wouldn't start up in safe mode as the securom protection system needs to run in order for the game to successfully launch.
Barry
whitebeard

Postby Hout » 30 December 2011, 01:05

I agree. I did uninstall the virtual dvd drive program and the game still doesn't work.
And it should be crazy if you are not allowed to have such program running on your PC.
It's like asking if you can disconnect your sound boxes from your TV, to play your DVD player.

Gavrache wrote:I am experiencing an identical error code, and similar system setup. This does not sound like an isolated incident to me.
Hout

Postby Hout » 01 January 2012, 16:31

Happy new year everyone!
Hout

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Forum