[Steam] Platinum Startup

Moderator: Focus Team

Elitez

[Steam] Platinum Startup

Postby Elitez » 04 September 2014, 23:51

I bought XL Plat like 3 days ago and played it fine with a load of mods. I came home today and it ain't working. I have tried re-installing it twice. I deleted all my mods and removed UIM thinking that would work, but it didn't. I have an amazing computer and played it fine for 3 days so that is not the problem. I tried looking at a ton of other forums but the solutions don't work. And with my sh*tty internet, I am not installing this game again. There has to be a solution.

Elitez

Re: [Steam] Platinum Startup

Postby Elitez » 05 September 2014, 22:12

Please, FocusTechSupport or somebody. I am freaking out over here thinking I just wasted $30. It's the error that say GameApplication has stopped working. I tried verifying the game cache, deleting the Cities XL 2012 Folder in Focus Home Interactive in AppData, and none of that is working.

stubaz

Re: [Steam] Platinum Startup

Postby stubaz » 26 October 2014, 11:26

It seems there are many people suffering from the same problem. I purchased a brand new copy of Cities XL Platinum prior to going into hospital. I returned 2 days ago to find my game had arrived and immediately installed it. A complete waste of time and it appears my money is wasted as well. I was somewhat disappointed to see Cities price had dropped dramatically on Steam, not surprising really with so many people unable to play it.

I'm disgusted to see people posting help requests from last year (2013) and they still haven't been given advice and are still unable to run their Cities.

There is nothing wrong with my system, it's brand new and running a fully updated Win 8.1. Maybe I should have taken my friend's advice and downloaded a pirated copy, his is working just fine. So much for paying for software and greasing the palm of the manufacturers then finding out it's garbage and pleas for help go unheeded. I think I'll stick to Sim City 4. It runs nicely on Win 8.1 :roll:

Return to “Technical Forum”