The Bus Guide

Moderator: Focus Team

mr-tom

Re: The Bus Guide

Postby mr-tom » 17 October 2010, 00:35

blink471 wrote:As for editing bus lines that are built, I'm not sure.

Can't be done. Demolish and start again.

blink471

Postby blink471 » 17 October 2010, 09:57

mr-tom wrote:
blink471 wrote:As for editing bus lines that are built, I'm not sure.

Can't be done. Demolish and start again.

I was sure you would know the answer Tom...

By the way, Go Stoke City..

Just thought I would throw that in... :D

Gyzzzmo

Postby Gyzzzmo » 30 October 2010, 19:01

I dont agree that busses in RL arent efficient or 'greener'.
It is ofcourse a simple fact that busses are way more efficient in passenger/gallon ratio, nobody here really denies that.
So if you see those empty busses riding (wich isnt really efficient ofcourse), this is the reason:
a) the main passengerflow is the other way at that time of the day
b) the company isnt effective
c) politics isnt effective (roadplanning makes driving the car too easy)

So it is not the bus itself, it is the management around it that makes taking the car a better option.

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 30 October 2010, 19:34

Gyzzzmo wrote:It is ofcourse a simple fact that busses are way more efficient in passenger/gallon ratio, nobody here really denies that.

You've not seen our local "clunkers" :oops:

Roodvlees

Re: The Bus Guide, transfer passengers

Postby Roodvlees » 10 March 2011, 02:52

I'm building a big city which needs bus lines. I would like to connect my houses to the centre and then the centre to jobs. Then the passengers would go from their house to the centre and transfer to a bus that takes them to thier job. I tried making such a system before but it din't work.

Currently I have to rebuild my entire bus system every time I expand my city :cry:

So does anyone know how passengers can be transferred through bus lines?

NZ-Simpy

Re: The Bus Guide, transfer passengers

Postby NZ-Simpy » 10 March 2011, 04:07

Roodvlees wrote:I'm building a big city which needs bus lines. I would like to connect my houses to the centre and then the centre to jobs. Then the passengers would go from their house to the centre and transfer to a bus that takes them to thier job. I tried making such a system before but it din't work.
Currently I have to rebuild my entire bus system every time I expand my city :cry:
So does anyone know how passengers can be transferred through bus lines?

Well what I have been doing, is to have the first bus line (terminal) in the center of where I want the bus lines to be, then run that line out to one part of the city, then the next line I start at the first lines terminal again and run it in the opposite direction.. - Seems to work great....

chrislovescoke

Postby chrislovescoke » 13 April 2011, 13:57

do passengers transfer between lines? ie get off at the stop walk across the road and catch another line.

S.H.I.N.Y

Postby S.H.I.N.Y » 13 April 2011, 16:47

chrislovescoke wrote:do passengers transfer between lines? ie get off at the stop walk across the road and catch another line.

A result of my personal analysis is YES. And I have read that in the forum as well. Probably you need to keep a distance between bus stops under certain limit or possibly it is that with increasing distance there is a decreasing willingness of people to transfer (and they will go by car). And I was not able to observe if there are any transfers between buses and metro.

Elmo
Moderator ; End 2010 Award - Best User Requested Mods
Moderator ; End 2010 Award - Best User Requested Mods

Postby Elmo » 13 April 2011, 21:07

S.H.I.N.Y wrote:And I was not able to observe if there are any transfers between buses and metro.

Yes, residents do transfer between buses and metro; metro and buses; metro and metro; buses and buses.

S.H.I.N.Y

Postby S.H.I.N.Y » 14 April 2011, 14:19

Elmo wrote:Yes, residents do transfer between buses and metro; metro and buses; metro and metro; buses and buses.

For my curiosity - how a distance between stations impacts that? And will people change the vehicle more than once? E.g bus --> metro --> bus?

Return to “General Forum”