Post Your City Screens here!

Moderator: Focus Team

Philemon

Re: Post Your City Screens here!

Postby Philemon » 21 September 2010, 12:16

mr-tom wrote:Thanks.

I'm just astonished that it lets us terminate the bridge on water.

mee too.
But I see, there are a lot of unveiled possibilities in the game...
Die Stadt Markusburg und ihr U-Bahnnetz: http://forum.citiesxl.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=1508

TheNextGeneration

Postby TheNextGeneration » 21 September 2010, 22:35

Wow! :o Great cities Sandr and Winter!

Corruption

Postby Corruption » 29 September 2010, 04:36

Sup Auxkland - Population=7343
Attachments
gamescreen0001.jpg
gamescreen0001.jpg (244.7 KiB) Viewed 1606 times

City Builder

Postby City Builder » 01 October 2010, 07:51

Congratulations everybody, you've got some great looking cities.

For all the faults that is in Cities XL, making pretty cities is not one of them. I hope to have an image or two to add in a few days when I get a city large enough to show it off.

The one thing I notice in the pictures that is common amongst all cities is how liberally MC used shades of tan, brown and one other color that the name escapes me, it is in almost all cities that look so neutral in color. Are cities in Europe like this? I mean mostly neutral color buildings?

In my neighborhood where I live the houses are a huge range of color from bright yellows, to pepto bismal pink, chocolates, Greens, reds, and of course we have some tans and other neutral colors, but usually they are a rainbow of different colors in a 10 block radius.
All posts on this forum from me are mine, and do NOT represent Focus Home Interactive unless stated otherwise.
EX-Moderator of Cities XL forums

WHEN YOU ARE TIRED OF GAMES OF DESTRUCTION - Visit CITY BUILDER GAMES FOR GAMES OF CONSTRUCTION.

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 01 October 2010, 08:30

City Builder wrote:Congratulations everybody, you've got some great looking cities.

For all the faults that is in Cities XL, making pretty cities is not one of them. I hope to have an image or two to add in a few days when I get a city large enough to show it off.

The one thing I notice in the pictures that is common amongst all cities is how liberally MC used shades of tan, brown and one other color that the name escapes me, it is in almost all cities that look so neutral in color. Are cities in Europe like this? I mean mostly neutral color buildings?

In my neighborhood where I live the houses are a huge range of color from bright yellows, to pepto bismal pink, chocolates, Greens, reds, and of course we have some tans and other neutral colors, but usually they are a rainbow of different colors in a 10 block radius.

Good question.

I think in many places, the answer will be yes as they are historic buildings, made from whatever colour of brick or stone was available. This often gave each city a local character and is often protected now, so for example in Bath, http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... 29,r:5,s:0 it seems to be generally expected that the theme will be continued.

There are obviously exceptions - in most suburbs, people can paint their houses any colour they please. Italy on the other hand has massive variation as I discovered in Burano the other year: http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... CBwQ9QEwAg - but then it's famous for that, which kind of illustrates your point... ;)

CityPlayer_2011XL

Postby CityPlayer_2011XL » 05 October 2010, 06:11

I was looking in this thread those City's are awesome! :) Hope see more on new game. :)
Thanks,
Andrew

City Builder

Postby City Builder » 06 October 2010, 05:46

One has to wonder how this family is going to get to work, school, medical services etc.
cxl_screenshot_malibu_6.jpg
cxl_screenshot_malibu_6.jpg (135.99 KiB) Viewed 1546 times
All posts on this forum from me are mine, and do NOT represent Focus Home Interactive unless stated otherwise.
EX-Moderator of Cities XL forums

WHEN YOU ARE TIRED OF GAMES OF DESTRUCTION - Visit CITY BUILDER GAMES FOR GAMES OF CONSTRUCTION.

streetmaster
Location: meblourne, Victoria, Australia, Oceania, Earth, Solar System, Milkway, the universe.

Postby streetmaster » 07 October 2010, 10:30

One of my largest cities.
Attachments
cxl_screenshot_kayong_5.jpg
My city, kayong, population; 1,100,000. It has extensive farmland.
cxl_screenshot_kayong_5.jpg (93.55 KiB) Viewed 1540 times
The StreetMaster.

streetmaster
Location: meblourne, Victoria, Australia, Oceania, Earth, Solar System, Milkway, the universe.

Postby streetmaster » 07 October 2010, 10:32

A close up view.
Attachments
cxl_screenshot_kayong_6.jpg
Right in the centre of the city.
cxl_screenshot_kayong_6.jpg (126.92 KiB) Viewed 1540 times
The StreetMaster.

streetmaster

Postby streetmaster » 07 October 2010, 11:04

Some more of my cities, and traffic.
Attachments
cxl_screenshot_kayong_0.jpg
Traffic problems :|
cxl_screenshot_kayong_0.jpg (142.02 KiB) Viewed 1539 times
cxl_screenshot_kayong_1.jpg
Another part of Kayong
cxl_screenshot_kayong_1.jpg (118.59 KiB) Viewed 1539 times
cxl_screenshot_donalulu_1.jpg
Tropical get away