What is your largest population?

Moderator: Focus Team

Winter Dragon

Re: What is your largest population?

Postby Winter Dragon » 08 October 2010, 15:07

Right now my population's sitting at around about.. 35,000, that is until a block of apartments falls over into a ditch somewhere because I nudged the bulldozer a couple of feet in the wrong direction. Hasn't actually gone up in a while so I might check if there's any survivors among the rubble. :?

Klausio

Postby Klausio » 08 October 2010, 21:22

Lol Dragon.

City Builder

Postby City Builder » 08 October 2010, 23:45

Shame this forum is so quiet.

I'd love to hear from those players that are doing the cities with 10,000,000+ peeps in their cities, and know things like how the game performs, if with that kind of poulation their streets are filled with the little bobbleheads wandering around, or if the game limits the amount of bobbleheads that wander around to a certain amount regardless of population, any tips on building cities that large, seeing whether they went with grid cities or went more freeform, what they do to keep the excitement of playing to that kind of population etc, etc, etc.

I can't recall what the largest city I've done to be honest, but I know it was never over 100,000 population.

Oh as long as you're reading... What is the best map in the game to create huge cities on? I've got Globexco's Unlocker version 3 and Moaku's sandbox mods installed so that gives me the extra cities that one or the other of those mods gives us, but I've just maybe not found a really good landscape to build cities as large as I've seen on Youtube with 10,000,000 or 17,000,000 population. Seems to me the maps that I've been playing on so far wouldn't hold that kind of density. Then again since I've not gotten that high in pop, maybe they would in some way.
All posts on this forum from me are mine, and do NOT represent Focus Home Interactive unless stated otherwise.
EX-Moderator of Cities XL forums

WHEN YOU ARE TIRED OF GAMES OF DESTRUCTION - Visit CITY BUILDER GAMES FOR GAMES OF CONSTRUCTION.

streetmaster
Location: meblourne, Victoria, Australia, Oceania, Earth, Solar System, Milkway, the universe.

Postby streetmaster » 09 October 2010, 01:24

What i've seen, is that alot of people with over 10,000,000 people have made their on city from terraforming. And from what i've done, farmland sells for the most, so when you make a big city, make sure it has good farmland. Another thing is that in alot of you tube videos, cites have been running really well, you need to make sure that no resouces are below 0, 5 or higher will make a big city. That's just what i've seen on you tube.

But, with me, I choose farmland or holidays to start my city, starting off with alot of resources is a good idea for making a big city. I've only just started cities xl, only been playing for 2 weeks, so i don't know everything, but this is what i know now.

Hope this helped. :D
The StreetMaster.

streetmaster
Location: meblourne, Victoria, Australia, Oceania, Earth, Solar System, Milkway, the universe.

Postby streetmaster » 09 October 2010, 01:30

The best map to start a city is in the green plains. the top 2 maps are the best, the wetlands is the best, in my opinion. Maybe you should try and make a city there with alot of farmland.
The StreetMaster.

City Builder

Postby City Builder » 09 October 2010, 01:34

What do you mean by 'farmland sells for the most'?

Do you mean the farm tokens sell for the most in your game?
All posts on this forum from me are mine, and do NOT represent Focus Home Interactive unless stated otherwise.

WHEN YOU ARE TIRED OF GAMES OF DESTRUCTION - Visit CITY BUILDER GAMES FOR GAMES OF CONSTRUCTION.

streetmaster

Postby streetmaster » 09 October 2010, 01:47

Yes, that is what i ment, they sell for the most in my cities. 1 farm can give 2 tokens in my game. Don't make farms too big, make them 90% they still give the same amount as if it were 100%. then unlocking buildings that make it produce more. Sorry if that earlier post confused you.
The StreetMaster.

Oliver

Postby Oliver » 09 October 2010, 12:44

My largest population were ~3,5 million inhabitants. Don't know why, but it never lagged (on high settings)

@streetmaster: You said you don't know how to put mods into the game? Just download one, than you should have a .patch file in your downloads folder. Than copy this .patch file into the folder Program Files/Monte Cristo/Cities XL/paks

Or for CXL 11 Program Files/Focus Home Interactive/Cities XL 2011/paks
Best Regards
Oliver - the epic green monsterlike writerperson

City Builder

Postby City Builder » 09 October 2010, 19:01

Recently I read on simtropolis that once the population gets high (anywhere from 3.5 million on up) then sometimes the game stops loading the save file.

I'm going to go out on a limb and 'guess' that it's dependant on the players computer to how large of a population they can obtain and still have the game load it without crashing since it seems to vary, some players have had it corrupt (or not load) at 3,000,000 and yet I've seen other cities that have 17,000,000 and still load.

I don't have a city anywhere near that and have kind of lost the desire to keep building my cities what with Cities XL 2011 just around the corner now, it's kind of like, why build in 09 when 11 is only 5 days away. Well, that is to say that I don't have the desire to build anything really grandiose, I'm still working on my hamlets.

afteq

Postby afteq » 10 October 2010, 23:27

The most I can recall having was about 2 Million that was in my highly publicised city on the Cities XS server, I might've had a bigger one but I've had a few big cities in the past although they never exceeded 3 million citizens.

Return to “General Forum”