How to Trade? (CXL2009)

Moderator: Focus Team

City Builder

Re: How to Trade?

Postby City Builder » 14 October 2010, 00:41

No it's not possible in Cities XL 2009 version.

However it is possible in the new Cities XL 2011 version that people are playing now. Focus has rewritten the trading system to where players can trade either with the other cities they create or still with Omnicorp, but again, that's in teh 2011 product, not the original Cities XL.
All posts on this forum from me are mine, and do NOT represent Focus Home Interactive unless stated otherwise.
EX-Moderator of Cities XL forums

WHEN YOU ARE TIRED OF GAMES OF DESTRUCTION - Visit CITY BUILDER GAMES FOR GAMES OF CONSTRUCTION.

strangepowers

Postby strangepowers » 14 October 2010, 16:10

City Builder wrote:No it's not possible in Cities XL 2009 version.

However it is possible in the new Cities XL 2011 version that people are playing now. Focus has rewritten the trading system to where players can trade either with the other cities they create or still with Omnicorp, but again, that's in teh 2011 product, not the original Cities XL.

Cool enough, I am waiting for the new version to release on Steam.

Thanks much for the reply!

dr_skn08

Postby dr_skn08 » 23 March 2011, 20:12

hello...
can we trade with any other nation or city other than omnicorp...?
thanx...!

one billion daleks

How to Trade (applies to CXL 2009 only)

Postby one billion daleks » 24 March 2011, 04:49

This thread keeps popping up in the 'Active threads' section of the Forums, and it is rather misleading as - without checking the small print at the top that shows it is from the CXL 2009 board - it looks like it is about CXL 2011. But in fact it isn't, and seeing as the trading system for CXL 2009 is quite different from CXL 2011, it is rather confusing.

For example, I just spent ages trying to figure out where on earth the green / grey checkboxes mentioned here are, in the CXL 2011 Trading system. Then I finally noticed that this thread is about CXL 2009, and that those checkboxes don't actually exist in CXL 2011.

Perhaps someone could edit the thread title to make it clear that this thread pertains to trading in CXL 2009 only, thanks.

blackemptysky

Re: How to Trade? (CXL2009)

Postby blackemptysky » 09 April 2011, 20:04

I have the same problem,

I can't trade in the tutorial and I am afraid I will not be able to trade in the game too. I have enough of money trade and enough of heavy industry token, but when I click on the green button (as the instructions tell me) I keep getting the same window telling me I don't have enough of that token. I will not play it until I solve this absurd problem... Is there any solution available?

Thanks.

CitiesXLeurocat

Postby CitiesXLeurocat » 23 June 2011, 18:52

Curious about the money factor. I am playing CXL 2011 and when I traded fuel tokens to another city my cashflow didn't change at all and neither did the other city. However, I saw immediately from the opening play screen that alllows you to choose what city you want to play, that my need and have for fuel equalized the way that I would think that it would. Just no change in cashflow.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong, or how does this work?

Thanks
Eurocat

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things!

cobhris

Postby cobhris » 23 June 2011, 21:43

It's possible, but only in CXL 2011. That version of the game gives you a single player planet where you can trade between all your cities freely.

Return to “General Forum”