How to Trade? (CXL2009)

Moderator: Focus Team

jonask84

How to Trade? (CXL2009)

Postby jonask84 » 08 October 2010, 19:35

Hey guys, I'm way new to this game but it looks fun.

I have one simple problem: I'm unable to trade in any way: Whenever I try to accept a deal from this Omnicorp thing I get "not enough tokens" or "not enough money".
I know I have enough money, and I know I have enough tokens, I checked this. Some of the deals have a green check, some have a gray check, but none of them work at all.

Even the Trade Tutorial city wouldn't let me trade :p

Am I missing something obvious here? or is it impossible to trade? Which kinda screws my city over... :lol:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
thanks

City Builder

Re: How to Trade?

Postby City Builder » 09 October 2010, 01:36

No, it's not impossible to trade, I'm doing it quite successfully.

There is some lag in the trading system however, are you waiting long enough after clicking one of the green checkmarks to allow the window to pop up to allow you to click the Ok button to acknowledge that's what you want to do?

When I go to make a trade, I don't have to do anything special but wait for the game to unlag itself. For example I open the trade window and my office's show that I have an extra 3 tokens in my city, so I click on the market tab, and I must wait for the game to acknowledge that I actually have the extra tokens in my city, which means I must wait for the gray checkboxes to turn green (I only found out yesterday I need not actually wait, just click the gray checkbox as long as I do have the tokens), so I click the green checkbox, wait a few seconds, (from 4 to 10 seconds) and then pops up a new window asking me to acknowledge the deal, I clik the okay button and the trade goes through.

As you see nothing special, no hoops that I must jump through to get the deal.
All posts on this forum from me are mine, and do NOT represent Focus Home Interactive unless stated otherwise.
EX-Moderator of Cities XL forums

WHEN YOU ARE TIRED OF GAMES OF DESTRUCTION - Visit CITY BUILDER GAMES FOR GAMES OF CONSTRUCTION.

streetmaster
Location: meblourne, Victoria, Australia, Oceania, Earth, Solar System, Milkway, the universe.

Postby streetmaster » 09 October 2010, 01:52

If tradings not working for you, then, you city income is too low, or there is not enough freight cappcity. Hope that helped! :D
The StreetMaster.

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 09 October 2010, 10:46

Or maybe you don't have a positive enough cashflow.

jonask84

Postby jonask84 » 09 October 2010, 10:49

Thanks for the input guys :)

Like I said, I'm sure I have enough cash and cash flow to buy stuff.

I can't sell things either, I have 11 Heavy Industry tokens, can't accept any of the deals...
not even the Trade tutorial city works.

No matter if the check is green or not I always get the "you dont have enough tokens/money" message. always.

Maybe I've found a bug?

City Builder

Postby City Builder » 09 October 2010, 10:51

I would guess that there is either something being overlooked, or miscalculated by the player or indeed he has found a bug in the game, maybe some bit of the game isn't running right on his computer. I don't pretend to know how the game exactly runs, but thought that the trading system is held in a database of some sort, hence why the lag, so maybe for some reason that isn't running properly on his computer?

Speaking of cash... Is there some conversion rate of how much each token is worth in cash value?

So, like what is 10 tokens worth? Are they 1,000 each, so 10 tokens = 10,000 in the cash counter at the top of the screen? or is there no real formula for how much one token is worth in cash?
All posts on this forum from me are mine, and do NOT represent Focus Home Interactive unless stated otherwise.
EX-Moderator of Cities XL forums

WHEN YOU ARE TIRED OF GAMES OF DESTRUCTION - Visit CITY BUILDER GAMES FOR GAMES OF CONSTRUCTION.

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 09 October 2010, 11:10

City Builder wrote:Speaking of cash... Is there some conversion rate of how much each token is worth in cash value?

So, like what is 10 tokens worth? Are they 1,000 each, so 10 tokens = 10,000 in the cash counter at the top of the screen? or is there no real formula for how much one token is worth in cash?

Have a look at this - I think you'll find it interesting as a quick token exchange reference:
http://citiesxl.wikia.com/wiki/Tokens

lupus2079

Postby lupus2079 » 10 October 2010, 10:28

Hi I have troubble with Freight at my Silo, how do i resolve that??
ps i am new at the game!

Oliver

Postby Oliver » 10 October 2010, 11:55

You need CashFLOW not Cash to trade. So if you have 1.000.0000.000 Credits it doesn't matters for trading. Multiplice the number of cash tokens with 100 and than you get the number of cashflow needed for trade.
And sometimes, the game es showing you a green check, also when it isn't possible to trade. And otherwise, the game sometimes is showing you a grey check, also when you can. Just click on the grey check and it maybe will turn into green.

@lupus: If you have less freight capacity in your cities, you have to build new city links. City Links (streets or harbors, for passengers also airports) are increasing your freight capacity, so that you can deal with more tokens. If the problem is the freight availability, you have to build your silo near a big street. Freight availability also comes from city links, but it decreases when you build to small roads or when the way from your silo to the city link is too long. Every map has a "transport" value, which you can see when choosing a map, when this is a high one, the freight/passenger availibility doesn't decreases so fast.
Best Regards
Oliver - the epic green monsterlike writerperson

strangepowers

Postby strangepowers » 13 October 2010, 18:59

Hello,

I am new to CXL also and have a question regarding trade also!

Fortunately I figured out the lag I believe the OP is speaking about myself, it was a bit confusing at first as to what was going on.

My question to add to the thread is regarding trade:

Since the online trading component was disabled, is there a way to produce resources in other city's on our planet and trade them on any level?

I tried creating an "oil town" on one map to provide of another city that lacked fuel, yet I don't see any options to trade with anyone except the generic NPC Don Madolph.

Is what I am describing even possible? Or is the Don Madolph the only entity to trade with in this version of the game?

Thanks!

Return to “General Forum”