Can I trade with my own cities in the old Cities XL or not?

Moderator: Focus Team

spyyder976

Can I trade with my own cities in the old Cities XL or not?

Postby spyyder976 » 21 June 2012, 12:30

So, maybe soon I will buy Cities XL 2012, but I can't afford it for a few more months; I bought a brand new computer several years back just for Cities XL, played online for a few months, then it died. I see the game has changed hands, and they're advertising trading with your own cities in 2011/2012. My question is for any previous players of Cities XL-the Wiki says that we can still trade between cities with the old Cities XL, but there is no trade screen on the main menu or with the city itself, just the marketplace allowing you to trade to Omnicorp, but nobody else. Did they never add trading between cities in Cities XL and only add it for Cities XL 2011/2012? I need to know whether to completely abandon Cities XL because I just now started playing again, hoping to trade between cities, but I can't find any damn place to do it! It says you can do it with city links such as the roads to the map edge, and it doesn't require the airport or seaport, but all I get is the ability to trade with the ripoff artist of Dan Madoff, not my own cities, and of course this makes large city-building nearly impossible! There is no trade screen with the sliders like are shown on the wiki! Unless I am blind, and if so, please tell me where this trade screen is so I can trade with my own cities! I think it's lame as hell if they took it out completely when they downgraded to single player only, so that we are forced to ONLY trade with Omnicorp! Please tell me this isn't so!

http://citiesxl.wikia.com/wiki/Trade

admetes

Re: Can I trade with my own cities in the old Cities XL or n

Postby admetes » 21 June 2012, 13:25

Hmm.. how many cities you have?

You can select which city to commerce from and to which. an options looking like <> this kind of.. even from main menu. or inside the game.

There is a mod as well from xlnation.net that gives fair trade to omnicorp.

Ultimate ommnicorp mode from rene

I hope i helped

spyyder976

Postby spyyder976 » 21 June 2012, 15:01

Hi, thanks for the info. I'm looking at that mod website now, and so far I have found the mod descriptions, but there are no links to be found to actually download them. Help?

Also, in Cities XL 2009, I had 3 cities, and trust me, there were no arrows anywhere to switch between any cities to get to a page of any kind that would allow me to trade between cities. I'm so bumfuddled! I don't know how to get to the screen to trade between my own cities. Under Trade>Market, there's just Omnicorp, and there are no other screens! Also, the main menu outside of the game doesn't allow us to go to trades anymore like it used to when the planet offer was active. That button is gone now. Or do I need to download an update? I thought it auto-updated itself? Inside the game, all I can see is the market area, how many passenger/freight I have, etc. When clicking on the resources icon at the top of the normal play screen to see my token summary, it appears you should be able to go to other screens through some of those icons which light up, but when clicked, they do nothing. Can you tell me exactly how to get to this screen to trade between my own cities? I'm wondering if it's hidden behind the top menu box, as the game's normal menu at top of the screen covers part of my trade screen, though I can barely read through it and see the freight/passengers, etc., and I don't see any other tabs that are clickable. The third tab over from the left does nothing, which is why I thought maybe they took this feature out?

spyyder976

Postby spyyder976 » 21 June 2012, 15:21

If you look at the link to the wiki concerning trade, and you see in the section of trade mechanics, the picture of the trade screen, it doesn't not exist anywhere in my game that I have found since the planet offer ended and it went solo only. Where exactly is it if it's still in the game?

spyyder976

Postby spyyder976 » 21 June 2012, 18:21

I got some mods from that site, finally finding their download links; that omnicorp mod is listed as being for 2011 and 12 only; I will see if it works with 09 though.

admetes

Postby admetes » 21 June 2012, 18:30

:S I am sorry but i dont know about 2009 I had 2011 and 2012.

I am glad you got the mod stuff sorted out though.

Return to “General Forum”