Activation key invalid or already in use

Moderator: Focus Team

mr-tom

Re: Activation key invalid or already in use

Postby mr-tom » 25 February 2011, 21:34

Hey Lucifersangel.

I'm really sorry and very disappointed that they've still not responded despite a chaser (and a promise to me that they would look into it) and that you're now beyond your 14 day return period. :oops:

I'll get in touch with them again (since it's now the weekend, there is little likelihood that they will read my message before Monday)

If you wouldn't mind PMing me your email address (please don't post it on the open forum) then I'll include it in my PM to Focus. Hopefully this will help them to identify your support request.

Tom.

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 26 February 2011, 11:39

Thanks for the email address. I've now sent the note to Focus.

I'm thinking about this and trying to pre-empt Focus' obvious immediate questions. Naturally they will want to confirm that you really own the game and the code that you were given by GAME.

Please could you send their tech support a follow up message from the same email address you originally used and include with it a photo of your game box, receipt (if you still have it) and the activation code for the game.

If you have set up an account or anything like that, then please also include your user name.

A link to this thread would also not go amiss (I also included it in my PMs to Focus, but better safe than sorry! :oops: )

Appreciate that this is a little exhaustive, but what I really want to avoid is their reply being a request for more information or something like that - I'd far rather they had everything that they need and as such can just solve the problem.

Tom.

lucifersangel87

Postby lucifersangel87 » 02 March 2011, 15:57

Hi,

I sent the photos off on Monday evening via email to both support addresses, but still haven't heard anything as yet.

Any more news on it from your end?

Martin

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 02 March 2011, 17:44

Sorry - had not expected to hear anything myself - was very much hoping that they would contact you direct - data protection says that they probably shouldn't involve me.

Very much hoping that they are in touch with you by the end of the week...

lucifersangel87

Postby lucifersangel87 » 03 March 2011, 14:19

After a long (nearly one-month) battle to get a response from focus-home support, I today called european trading standards.

They allocated me a reference number, which they advised me to take promptly back to GAME and request that they exchange my game under their regulations, which state that anything you buy should be fit for purpose - which that obviously wasn't.

I have now returned the game to the store and they have reluctantly swapped it for a Ubisoft title.

Please let it be known that I will no more buy any focus home entertainment games, regardless of whether they work or not. Regardless of whether you are short staffed or even running a one man operation - If you cannot help your customers or prioritise their support requests, then at least say on your website.

Anyway, rant over - Thank you so much mr-tom for your constant battling on my side. I just wish that you didn't have to take the flak for such a lousy support department.

Regards to one and all

Martin Whitehurst

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 03 March 2011, 20:11

Hi Martin,

I'm really sorry to hear that it came to this. I'll make sure that Focus know what has happened.

Tom.

ThierryFocus

Postby ThierryFocus » 03 March 2011, 23:19

Hello Martin,

I'm very sad of what it happens to you with the zero support you get from us.

All reason you mentioned about our support organisation is right, all customers should have to worry about it. A company should give a good support and at least reachable. We have some intern problem and I won't detail it, because it shouldn't affect you.

As suggest our good moderator MrTom and to forgive us, I propose you to send you a copy of Cities XL 2011 (or another Focus' game).
if so, could you send me your postal address by private message?
But if you don't want it, I would understand perfectly that you don't want to deal with us any more with all problems we've caused you.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Best,

Thierry

lucifersangel87 wrote:After a long (nearly one-month) battle to get a response from focus-home support, I today called european trading standards.

They allocated me a reference number, which they advised me to take promptly back to GAME and request that they exchange my game under their regulations, which state that anything you buy should be fit for purpose - which that obviously wasn't.

I have now returned the game to the store and they have reluctantly swapped it for a Ubisoft title.

Please let it be known that I will no more buy any focus home entertainment games, regardless of whether they work or not. Regardless of whether you are short staffed or even running a one man operation - If you cannot help your customers or prioritise their support requests, then at least say on your website.

Anyway, rant over - Thank you so much mr-tom for your constant battling on my side. I just wish that you didn't have to take the flak for such a lousy support department.

Regards to one and all

Martin Whitehurst

jcass82

Postby jcass82 » 07 March 2011, 21:52

hi all
i have had the same issue with my activation key, i bought the game legitimately from a town center shop, spent half an hour installing it only to be told that the key is already in use, i sent an email to the support team stating when and where i purchased the game, and four weeks later have still not had a reply. its too late for me to return the game so unless i get some help with this im stuck with a game that is no use and have therefore been completely ripped off, if any body has any ideas on how to either get a valid key or get to speak to somebody form the support team i'd be really great full

jcass

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 07 March 2011, 22:39

Hi jcass,

Did you buy the game now or pre-owned?

jcass82

Postby jcass82 » 07 March 2011, 23:47

it was pre-owned.

Return to “Technical Forum”