Cities XL Won't install past about 90% of 3/4

Moderator: Focus Team

ABilly05

Cities XL Won't install past about 90% of 3/4

Postby ABilly05 » 24 January 2012, 04:48

I need help. What happened was I purchased the game on the 20th of January 2012, patched it and everything, and yet every time I try to install, it stops at 3/4, 90% through the process. I got a message saying the installer was most likely corrupted. So I re-downloaded it like 5 times, and yet the same message. So I e-maled Focus Home Interactive and got absolutely no reply. I did lots of research and came up with nothing. I need help with this game NOW. Also, if I don't get the game running by the 27th, I'm going to get a refund.

FocusTechSupport

Re: Cities XL Won't install past about 90% of 3/4

Postby FocusTechSupport » 24 January 2012, 13:24

We recommend you to use a free download manager like Free Download Manager http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/ to download your files.
This will allow you to resume a broken or paused download and should prevent the corruption of files once the game downloaded.

The digital version available on Cities XL official web site is published by Metaboli GamesPlanet online shop.
The activation key and the download links are provided by Metaboli GamesPlanet online shop.
For all your questions regarding the payment, the download, the installation or the activation of your game, please contact the technical support of Metaboli GamesPlanet online shop: http://uk-focushop.gamesplanet.com/faq_shop/ (click Ask a question).
You can also contact their technical support by e-mail by writing to: supportdl.focus@gamesplanet.com or support-shop@gamesplanet.com

We are very sorry for the inconvenience.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT
FOCUS INTERACTIVE TEAM

ABilly05

Re: Cities XL Won't install past about 90% of 3/4

Postby ABilly05 » 27 January 2012, 04:45

It didn't work. I don't understand what's wrong with amazon's downloads (yes, I downloaded it 10 times from amazon). At this point I don't think I'm ever going to get a game that is in the series cities XL ever again.

EDIT: I just found out I had .NET Framework 2.0, installed 4.0, and trying it again.

Return to “Technical Forum”