Theme park builder (ATTN: Focus)

Moderator: Focus Team

sirchick

Theme park builder (ATTN: Focus)

Postby sirchick » 30 March 2011, 03:35

Okay well i love the engine you have made for CitiesXL.

And i love the whole building stuff. But i really really wish you guys could consider making a Park building game. Think of Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. Their franchise ended due to the company getting sued by the owner of the brand.

But if Focus made their own design it be a big hit providing it exceeded RCT3s' features and had few limitations.

Its always been a frustrating time that they killed the brand, the following is massive still even today, and we need a company to continue our interest ! Your ability to make a fun city manager game easily suggests you can make a great simulation of a theme park game too!

Pleaseeeeeee consider it :D

sirchick

Re: Theme park builder (ATTN: Focus)

Postby sirchick » 31 March 2011, 20:32

Not a popular game here i take it xD

Elmo
Moderator ; End 2010 Award - Best User Requested Mods

Postby Elmo » 31 March 2011, 21:32

I think Monte Cristo had planned to create a theme park GEM... Focus, however, have a lot of things on their agenda so I don't think they would release anything like that in the near future.

Anyway, RCT is one of my absolute favourite franchises ever. I didn't even know that they had legal problems, I was kind of expecting to see RCT 4 :(

sirchick

Postby sirchick » 31 March 2011, 22:56

Atari did not pay royalties to the original maker of RCT when they made RCT3. They got sued and ruined the brand.

How ever they have now paid it and officially announced on RCT forums that they are strongly considering RCT4. Its a risk for them though as they only have the funding for one game to revitalise their business so they obviously consider the best selling tycoon game ever as their way to do it.

http://forums.atari.com/showthread.php?t=9152 Heres the RCT4 consideration announcement made a long time ago though its been very quiet since.They are also making a film on it =/

Not sure what a GEM is but if its built into Cities XL it won't work when you consider how much micro management there is, resources are needed for just a theme park on RCT3. So many animated polys etc.

I would like them to make a theme park game to rival RCT though as a fresh seperate game, RCT corners the market and do it very well due to user created rides/scenery. Competition would improve those kind of building simulation games.

Elmo

Postby Elmo » 01 April 2011, 02:43

sirchick wrote:How ever they have now paid it and officially announced on RCT forums that they are strongly considering RCT4. Its a risk for them though as they only have the funding for one game to revitalise their business so they obviously consider the best selling tycoon game ever as their way to do it.

Thanks for the info! Atari's games used to be quite successful, its unlikely that the company is so financially unstable. Having said that, maybe the lawsuit cost them too much or they have other issues. I see the topic about the next RCT was created just 8 months ago so you can't really expect a lot of development since then. The topic has 194 pages of replies which shows that the game really has lots of fans. I doubt that Atari would abandon the plans to do a sequel.

sirchick wrote:Not sure what a GEM is but if its built into Cities XL it won't work when you consider how much micro management there is, resources are needed for just a theme park on RCT3. So many animated polys etc.

A GEM is a kind of a tycoon game incorporated into Cities XL. At least that was MC's plan. The idea was to stop building your city while you micro-manage a GEM, like the beach resort GEM and the ski resort GEM you can actually see the features of if you install the unlocker mod. The idea is great, too bad MC could not complete it.

sirchick wrote:I would like them to make a theme park game to rival RCT though as a fresh seperate game, RCT corners the market and do it very well due to user created rides/scenery. Competition would improve those kind of building simulation games.

There are some alternative games I've played but they are not really good. Two I remember are Theme Park Tycoon and SimPark.

sirchick

Postby sirchick » 01 April 2011, 03:08

Yes simpark and theme park world were very poor.

Though if it was a GEM it would not perform due to the single core support so i don't think it be wise to go down that route unless they think of it for the next Cities XL engine.

stinooo

Postby stinooo » 29 May 2014, 10:07

For those interested, there is a new theme park game launched recently... It's called theme park studio and it is pretty nice ;)
But they are still working on it and you can only buy it in its early fase. They improve it with customer support and help.
But anyway... It's not a GEM for Cities XL but it's defenitely worth looking at :D
Here is the official page: http://www.themeparkstudio.com

Return to “Blabla”