Moderator: Focus Team

nuxyda

Re: Images: Violent Weather

Postby nuxyda » 31 May 2011, 16:47

Evergreen wrote:Hey you forgot the aliens in Area 51 ...they controlling the volcanoes :lol:

There is nothing to laugh ... but you also remember that many years ago Galileo was ridiculed because he said that the earth was round ...

Today, it seems impossible to manipulate the climate, but it is possible! Who has military knowledge knows that what I write is true, but for "normal people" is like saying in 1600 that the earth was not flat!

snick25
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support

Postby snick25 » 31 May 2011, 22:10

nuxyda wrote:There is nothing to laugh ... but you also remember that many years ago Galileo was ridiculed because he said that the earth was round ...

Today, it seems impossible to manipulate the climate, but it is possible! Who has military knowledge knows that what I write is true, but for "normal people" is like saying in 1600 that the earth was not flat!

Well, yes, most people know that it is possible to manipulate the climate. Putting certain chemicals into the air makes rain. The whole theory of global warming is mostly about man changing the climate of the entire planet by putting carbon dioxide and harmful chemicals into the air. However, the whole idea of all these tornadoes and floods being caused by antennas named Woodpecker? That countries create earthquakes to wage some secret war over the climate? That just doesn't sound plausible to me. :?

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 31 May 2011, 22:18

snick25 wrote:Well, yes, most people know that it is possible to manipulate the climate. Putting certain chemicals into the air makes rain. The whole theory of global warming is mostly about man changing the climate of the entire planet by putting carbon dioxide and harmful chemicals into the air. However, the whole idea of all these tornadoes and floods being caused by antennas named Woodpecker? That countries create earthquakes to wage some secret war over the climate? That just doesn't sound plausible to me. :?

+1 - Agree entirely.

Science, yes - I love sci fi and am entirely open to what could be possible. But there is a massive difference between believing in technical possibility and believing in a massive, silent global conspiracy. Frankly humans are so very imperfect that I can say with total certainty that a cover up on that scale is utterly implausible. Just like every other of the many conspiracy theories.

snick25

Postby snick25 » 31 May 2011, 22:24

Yes, I agree. Many people like to think that the world is more complicated than it really is. There are a few which are plausible, but the vast majority of them are completely false. Sadly, here in America, people actually believe some of these theories. My aunt is one of them. She reads stuff by David Ike and then obsesses about reptilian creatures running the wrold from beneath the Denver Airport. :roll:

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 31 May 2011, 22:26

snick25 wrote:Yes, I agree. Many people like to think that the world is more complicated than it really is. There are a few which are plausible, but the vast majority of them are completely false. Sadly, here in America, people actually believe some of these theories. My aunt is one of them. She reads stuff by David Ike and then obsesses about reptilian creatures running the wrold from beneath the Denver Airport. :roll:

David Icke admitted it was all a hoax, didn't he?

Oh God, going to have to google that, now.

(edit) Sadly, no, he's still in la la land.

snick25

Postby snick25 » 31 May 2011, 22:31

mr-tom wrote:David Icke admitted it was all a hoax, didn't he?

Oh God, going to have to google that, now.

(edit) Sadly, no, he's still in la la land.

I'm sure my aunt would believe it regardless. :lol:

I think he comes out with a new book every six months or so. He also does seminars. I'm not really a big fan of his, but my parents read all of his stuff and so does my aunt (my parents read it more because its interesting and hilarious, they don't believe him thank god).

Kitsunebi

Postby Kitsunebi » 31 May 2011, 22:35

Give your parents a Terry Pratchett book... there is more truth in it AND the world is still a disc :lol:
... quoth the raven NEVERMORE.

snick25

Postby snick25 » 31 May 2011, 22:44

Huh, never heard of him. Just from scanning the web, it looks like the main differance between him and Ike is that Ike actually believes what he is preaching. You know, another good (in my opinion) author of the science fiction genre is H.P. Lovecraft. He wrote several stories about ancient races, hidden cities, and inter-dimesional travel.

Kitsunebi

Postby Kitsunebi » 31 May 2011, 22:48

Oh I love Lovecraft... I have ALL of his stories :D but they are very creepy sometimes...
And Pratchett is more fantasy, but in a funny way mixed with the real world and sometimes trying to explain, why things are the way they are... ;)
... quoth the raven NEVERMORE.

snick25

Postby snick25 » 31 May 2011, 23:53

Kitsunebi wrote:Oh I love Lovecraft... I have ALL of his stories :D but they are very creepy sometimes...

Same here. He is probably one of the best horror/science fiction writers of the 20th century. It is just amazing how he could build up suspense and send chills up your spine. I'm going to New England this summer so I will be seeing some of the settings he based his stories off of.

About Pratchett, I'll have to check him out. ;)

Return to “Blabla”