Why are all the fair 2012 reviews being locked?

Moderator: Focus Team

scoobie

Re: Why are all the fair 2012 reviews being locked?

Postby scoobie » 22 October 2011, 18:57

Oliver wrote:There are approximately 20 threads all about performance enhancement/multicore support.

..And rightfully so, until we paying customers get closer to a definitive answer of the most important issue of this game currently in regards to actual playability.

There are numerous threads on new buildings, highway schematics, modding, etc with redundant questions.

Why aren't those threads then locked in the same fashion? Maybe because it shines a 'brighter' light on your game to purchase?

Oliver wrote:The question was about CXL 12 and I answered correctly as I said that there aren't any performance enhancements in CXL 12. We weren't aware of the fact that there might be a patch at this moment.

You made your statement on Oct 15, 2011. On Oct 18, 2011, just 3 days after your initial statement, Vince then states possibility of a patch, making your statement incorrect (assuming he's serious).

Do you not even check with you superiors before providing crude generalizations to paying customers, who weigh their purchase options on things as lag and playability that may actually supersede "sexy new shots" that kind of look like the previous two versions?

Since you note there are considerable questions and rising negative reviews about the lag and playability (or lack there of) even on high end systems, may I suggest consolidating efforts (and making your life as a mod easier) by posting a sticky specific to the lag issue, as done with other topics?

Or will a front page sticky on this issue not be good for sales?

I want to believe it and wish the best for 2012 so I can deem it purchasable. I HOPE Vince proves me wrong by providing patch or multi-core support that will resolve the lag issue...

..however, I've been already fooled twice.

Oliver

Postby Oliver » 22 October 2011, 19:15

Do you not even check with you superiors before providing crude generalizations to paying customers, who weigh their purchase options on things as lag and playability that may actually supersede "sexy new shots" that kind of look like the previous two versions?

We are independent Moderators. I am not working for Focus nor I am taking any orders from them. Nor it is 'my' game. Nor I get paid for my job here. Nor I am willing to spend my day argueing with people.

I said what I knew the time I posted my statement, and actually it was correct. It stated that there are no performance enhancements in the retail version of Cities XL 2012, which is entirely true.

I will move this thread to off-topic now. And no, this isn't due to censorship of negative comments.
Best Regards
Oliver - the epic green monsterlike writerperson

scoobie

Postby scoobie » 22 October 2011, 19:27

Oliver wrote:It stated that there are no performance enhancements in the retail version of Cities XL 2012, which is entirely true.

So you are saying Vince is incorrect by suggesting a possible patch for this issue? It will affect my purchase decision, thanks.

Oliver wrote:I will move this thread to off-topic now. And no, this isn't due to censorship of negative comments.

So asking questions about the game's playability and possibility of patch for lag, is "off-topic" to the game? :?

How "unexpected," to move the thread.

snick25
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support

Postby snick25 » 22 October 2011, 20:22

Ah, another paranoid whiner joins the forum. :lol:

Seriously, everyone is furstrated with FHI, including the mods. Insulting the mods isn't going to get you anywhere.

scoobie

Postby scoobie » 22 October 2011, 20:57

snick25 wrote:Ah, another paranoid whiner joins the forum. :lol:

Seriously, everyone is furstrated with FHI, including the mods. Insulting the mods isn't going to get you anywhere.

Where did I directly insult Oliver? Did I call him a name (as you just did) or curse at him?

In the end, I thanked Oliver for his patience and final answer in the follow up thread for confirming the opposite of what Vince hinted to (which was that there may be a possible patch to help performance) after Oliver's initial statement, hence the need for clarity.

Glad I know now thanks to Oliver's insight that there won't be any performance enhancement in the works..

...and I mean that genuinely since his answer saved me money, time, and future frustration of lagginess issues (despite hi-end system) as I know now not to purchase a product with no future of performance enhancement.

PS, awesome city.. Bloomfield > Monroe for me 8-)

Oliver

Postby Oliver » 22 October 2011, 21:37

I never said that.

I said that there are no performance enhancements from CXL 11 to CXL 12. I didn't even mention the patch. So what you are doing is simply putting my message out of context.
Best Regards
Oliver - the epic green monsterlike writerperson

Elmo
Moderator ; End 2010 Award - Best User Requested Mods
Moderator ; End 2010 Award - Best User Requested Mods

Postby Elmo » 23 October 2011, 18:47

scoobie wrote:
Oliver wrote:There are approximately 20 threads all about performance enhancement/multicore support.

..And rightfully so, until we paying customers get closer to a definitive answer of the most important issue of this game currently in regards to actual playability.

There are numerous threads on new buildings, highway schematics, modding, etc with redundant questions.

Why aren't those threads then locked in the same fashion? Maybe because it shines a 'brighter' light on your game to purchase?

Most of those are locked or quite often merged. However, there is a big difference between the pre-release / after release discussions and topics discussing modding and gameplay. The latter are not very popular and do not generate a lot of posts and quickly disappear from the 1st page of the forums, which makes them hard to find for people who tend not to use the search function. While topics discussing the release of a new Cities XL game get constant attention and a lot of posts. When there is more than one topic for discussions like that for some reason people start writing the same things over and over again in multiple topics which does not help the community or the developers while it slows down the moderation process. Therefore, we tend to keep active discussions in one topic.

I am really surprised that community members think there is some sort of censorship around here. As you can see, there are plenty of open topics where the game could be discussed.

scoobie wrote:I want to believe it and wish the best for 2012 so I can deem it purchasable. I HOPE Vince proves me wrong by providing patch or multi-core support that will resolve the lag issue...

From what I know, the multi-core issue is deep in the core of the game so it cannot be fixed by a simple patch.
Also, from what I know, Focus do want to resolve the multi-core issues and there have been some steps taken to achieve that. However, I do not know how much has been achieved and when can we expect any visible results. It might be relatively soon, but it might never happen. So don't hold your breath.

Return to “Blabla”