Kitsunebi's Cities

Moderator: Focus Team

Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi's Cities

Postby Kitsunebi » 09 December 2010, 18:41

Hey everyone! This is my first CJ... ^^ I used to play SC4 (with NAM) but after re-installation it didn’t seem to work properly anymore. Luckily I found CXL2011 about 2 weeks ago :) So here we go:

Introducing the planet of Kitsune!
Many nations are living here... mostly peaceful, but some are rather hostile. One of these nations are the people of “Reàl” whose ancestors were nomads in the deserts. They got wealthy through trading with other nations divided by these deserts, as no one else dared to cross the unfriendly lands. Today the Reàl live in cities, still mostly in a dry climate, as their bodies and organisms have adjusted to hot temperatures. Also, no one else claimed the land ^^ many individual and independent cities used to form a loose community, only directed by the family of Gui who follow a long tradition in controlling the trade with other nations – and getting the most profit out of it. It has become more and more difficult to keep eye on every single city in the last decades, for they grew bigger and bigger, so the Gui family (thanks to their high reputations among the people) managed to unite the cities under one federal government: the Reàl state was born!

Many years now, the central administration was held in “Las Terrênas”, the largest Reàl city (city center at night, seen from a balcony).

Las Terrênas grew even faster after the founding of Reàl Nation and so a “satellite” was built (downtown and “New Terrênas” on the far right)

The growth of the city had its price as well… more and more energy was needed. Seeing here the biggest wind park of Reàl nation with 130 turbines!

The city counsel urged for a solution and so it was decided to build a new city for governmental purposes. By a public poll, the name was decided Reàl City to show the new nations unity. Here a first view shortly after the founding.

The future central highway... still desert land
To avoid the same problems as in Las Terrênas, Reàl water engineers are proud to introduce a method of center irrigation, so the new capital will produce its own food..

Only about a year later, you could see the city shape on k0ogle maps, the Kitsunebi planet internet search engine :D

So much for today (= cheers
... quoth the raven NEVERMORE.

vallamir

Re: Kitsunebi's Cities

Postby vallamir » 09 December 2010, 22:04

good !!

TheDenux

Postby TheDenux » 09 December 2010, 22:37

Like your park ideas :D

Kitsunebi

Postby Kitsunebi » 10 December 2010, 16:37

Aaahhh I gotta show you something! I was "walking" around one of my desert cities and took random snapshots, till I realized something: I know that tower and I did almost the exact picture about 3 years ago in Auckland/New Zealand!!! :lol:

Kitsunebi

Postby Kitsunebi » 12 December 2010, 17:21

Some new buildings have been built in Reàl City: the Reàl Tower… (seen here from the Central Park)

… and finally the Government District.

It was known from the beginning that each city of the Reàl nation would have to help building the new capital. So the time came, that Reàl City was short of heavy industry when it reached 350.000 inhabitants, although they had planned a huge industrial park. So help came from San Roçàs - formerly a small spot in the middle of nowhere, today a place known for production, oil and industry (here a view of San Roçàs downtown with the famous Roçàs-Statue).

New public housings had to be built for the many workers in the San Roçàs factories.

And this is a shot of the infamous industrial area there… even darkening the sun ^^ but it produces 18 industry tokens!

But San Roçàs isn’t a bad place after all… everyone is happy and there is no crime on the streets. With its 453.000 inhabitants it remained a rather calm place – even no traffic jams, thanks to a clever public transportation system… and here is a nice night view of the whole city - with an egg shaped moon!?!? :D

Cheers…

THEJESTR

Postby THEJESTR » 13 December 2010, 19:15

very nice city you got there :) keep up the good work!

Kitsunebi

Postby Kitsunebi » 14 December 2010, 18:15

Thanks, I'm trying my best :D

... and here another game-real picture! This time: Seoul/South Korea and Karakura/CXL2011. Well, the weather is definitely better in the game!!! :lol:

Cheers ;)

Kitsunebi

Postby Kitsunebi » 15 December 2010, 09:48

Just a short update: as it seems to be fashionable to have “Olympic Zones” throughout the cities I tried one, too… due to the organic looks of this stadium, I didn’t want to put it in a rectangular surrounding. Plus: I don’t want to copy from everyone, so I thought an oval could be innovative ;) The Park is not finished, of course… I need more sports buildings but can’t build them yet :D

The Kitsulympic Zone from above

Playing with the plaza tool... this will be changed, as soon as I can build and afford now sports facilities

Cheers ;)

Kitsunebi

Postby Kitsunebi » 20 December 2010, 22:45

Another update with some sad news…
The Kitsulympic Zone in Reàl City has been finished. For 3 days the whole city was celebrating the event. On the left of this picture you can also see the new CBD. 980,000 people are living here now and the city is still growing…

The National Congress of Reàl nation finally came to the city. In front of the new building of classical architecture is the Column of the Personified Trade, surrounded by the park named “The Oasis of the Nation”.

The ministry of education has also moved in its new buildings, called the Pentagon. :D

But besides all these good news, there is tragedy as well. One of the greatest and most beautiful cities of Reàl nation, San Jôše, fell into darkness. It is still there though. There are 1.1M inhabitants and there is token trade, but the impermeable darkness makes it impossible to build anything new. Here are some impressions, taken before the black void came…

San Jôše downtown.

The city’s central traffic hub at night... San Jôše was also called “The City that never sleeps”

Unskilled worker’s houses – here between oil fields and industrial areas…

And this was the last sunrise in San Jôše :(

I know that others had the same problem before. If anyone knows a way of making it visible again, I would be very very happy!!! Like I said, the city is still there… it has its inhabitants and in the main menu I can trade with its tokens, but it is just all black… shoot!

Cheers…

David Hoyle

Postby David Hoyle » 30 December 2010, 15:27

Dang thats a nice city :D

Like the ideas you have come up with - those circular farms look well cool :geek:

Return to “City Showcase”