Put your most awesome screen shoots here!

Moderator: Focus Team

Denco

Put your most awesome screen shoots here!

Postby Denco » 15 October 2010, 03:11

Just a great way on getting good idea early on and being able to share with your Cities XL 2011 peeps!

** This is now listed as a main topic, as per the index of main discussions sticky. **
- Winter Dragon
A graduation ceremony is an event where the commencement speaker tells thousands of students dressed in identical caps and gowns that 'individuality' is the key to success."
Lesson here folks is don't graduate.

Elmo
Moderator ; End 2010 Award - Best User Requested Mods
Moderator ; End 2010 Award - Best User Requested Mods

Re: Put your most awesome screen shoots here!

Postby Elmo » 15 October 2010, 03:26

Here are some screens of my only city: Vartan, 2,100,000 inhabitants.

A view of the north-west part of the city, shot from the island in the centre. You can see overground metro tracks in the distance, they look really cool, like a roller coaster :)

A view of most of the residential areas, taken from the western end of the city. The closest buildings are high density elites structures. You can see a metro station on the left.

Another view of the residential areas, taken from the north-east part of the city (where most of the skilled workers live :))

New023

Postby New023 » 15 October 2010, 03:32

^ You should put them at medium quality!

MrFisse

Postby MrFisse » 15 October 2010, 03:35

Omg how can you play with those texture settings? Looks like something from 1998 :S
Anyways when you are dumping screens you could turn up the graphics. Kinda waste of space when it looks like that :P
Otherwise it looks nice.

John Shields

Postby John Shields » 15 October 2010, 03:57

MrFisse wrote:Omg how can you play with those texture settings? Looks like something from 1998 :S
Anyways when you are dumping screens you could turn up the graphics. Kinda waste of space when it looks like that :P
Otherwise it looks nice.

Really... what's with the textures?

City Builder

Postby City Builder » 15 October 2010, 04:10

John Shields wrote:
MrFisse wrote:Omg how can you play with those texture settings? Looks like something from 1998 :S
Otherwise it looks nice.

Really... what's with the textures?

The textures in those images are all low quality textures. Note how they have a distinct lack of detail. When taking screen shots to share it's best to turn the settings to medium or higher, take the shots you want, then reduce the settings back down to your original settings so that you can continue to play. In this way you get high quality screen shots instead of what is posted above which lacks detail on the buildings and landscape and well, pretty much everywhere.
All posts on this forum from me are mine, and do NOT represent Focus Home Interactive unless stated otherwise.
EX-Moderator of Cities XL forums

WHEN YOU ARE TIRED OF GAMES OF DESTRUCTION - Visit CITY BUILDER GAMES FOR GAMES OF CONSTRUCTION.

Denco

Postby Denco » 15 October 2010, 12:12

It looks like it could be really nice but that quality is horrible. I have a nvidia 380 something. I can go on high and no lag of the game. I will post some screen shots soon. ;)
A graduation ceremony is an event where the commencement speaker tells thousands of students dressed in identical caps and gowns that 'individuality' is the key to success."
Lesson here folks is don't graduate.

Simaril

Postby Simaril » 15 October 2010, 14:41

While low, and extra low setting screen shots aren't the prettiest, they're better than nothing!! Thank you!

When my cities reach 100k (cxl 2009), I can't take medium quality screen shots on my PC either :( I actually think the zoomed out screen shots look better at lower graphics settings; try some of those :)
Last edited by Simaril on 15 October 2010, 18:06, edited 1 time in total.

Joppin

Postby Joppin » 15 October 2010, 15:31

Hokay!

Here're some pictures of my perttiest city, Tabbadoo!

Quality seems to become lower actually, looks much better on my screen :D

steveoo

Postby steveoo » 15 October 2010, 16:07

Very beautiful city, I want to live there

:lol:

But I am lazy and hate to walk, any metro?

Return to “City Showcase”