[MAIN TOPIC] Mod Requests Thread

Moderator: Focus Team

kristjin
Posts: 28
Joined: 20 October 2011, 15:19

Re: [MAIN TOPIC] Mod Requests Thread

Postby kristjin » 21 October 2011, 04:42

As I said, I'll put up real cash for any developer who can devise and implement a mod which creates hot keys for navigating the construction menu. I will pay... twenty American dollars to anyone who sends me a working .patch for it. I mean it! Paypal, money order in the mail, whatever you like. Because I need those hotkeys if they are in any way possible.

Here's another one then too. A mod that turns off the display of the atmosphere (not actually kills the atmosphere mechanic, but just the display of the atmosphere) because when I turn it off in the menu, the menu selection remains set appropriately, but when I exit the game and come back, atmosphere is being displayed even though the menu says it shouldn't be. So a mod that made it really go away forever would delight.
CXL mods make CXL much MORE playable!
Worth Remembering:
-Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

abentco
Posts: 2
Joined: 21 October 2011, 04:54

Re: [MAIN TOPIC] Mod Requests Thread

Postby abentco » 21 October 2011, 04:59

Hey I would love the ability to namevillages, buildings (especially landmarks and civic), and roads in my city...like you used to be able to do in simcity. I know this seems impossible, but what about a way to plop a sign anywhere with a custom label on it? ...like a way to label different districts/neighborhoods of a city?

kristjin
Posts: 28
Joined: 20 October 2011, 15:19

Re: [MAIN TOPIC] Mod Requests Thread

Postby kristjin » 21 October 2011, 17:17

abentco wrote:Hey I would love the ability to namevillages, buildings (especially landmarks and civic), and roads in my city...like you used to be able to do in simcity. I know this seems impossible, but what about a way to plop a sign anywhere with a custom label on it? ...like a way to label different districts/neighborhoods of a city?


Great idea!
CXL mods make CXL much MORE playable!
Worth Remembering:
-Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

User avatar
Rene
Posts: 534
Joined: 06 March 2011, 16:34

Re: [MAIN TOPIC] Mod Requests Thread

Postby Rene » 22 October 2011, 10:57

kristjin wrote:Here's another one then too. A mod that turns off the display of the atmosphere (not actually kills the atmosphere mechanic, but just the display of the atmosphere) because when I turn it off in the menu, the menu selection remains set appropriately, but when I exit the game and come back, atmosphere is being displayed even though the menu says it shouldn't be. So a mod that made it really go away forever would delight.

I have this issue as well. It's annoying.
A fine site xlnation.net and a big mod database xlnation.net/xlex

Check out all my Cities XL mods: Rene's Cities xl mods

binarydaemon
Posts: 15
Joined: 23 October 2011, 12:07
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Contact:

Re: [MAIN TOPIC] Mod Requests Thread

Postby binarydaemon » 24 October 2011, 17:13

prob mentioned somewhere in there but are covered bridges possible?

similar to these http://www.padutchcountry.com/activitie ... ridges.asp
even if it was just something placed on top of to give appearance.

Mr. C
Posts: 13
Joined: 06 January 2011, 06:34

Re: [MAIN TOPIC] Mod Requests Thread

Postby Mr. C » 25 October 2011, 03:05

A road mod that i havent seen requested yet and one that i have been waiting for for a long time is a cul-de-sac. It would make building neighborhoods more realistic. Is it possible?

RedmondHerring
Posts: 9
Joined: 08 October 2011, 04:20
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: [MAIN TOPIC] Mod Requests Thread

Postby RedmondHerring » 25 October 2011, 05:46

Mr. C wrote:A road mod that i havent seen requested yet and one that i have been waiting for for a long time is a cul-de-sac. It would make building neighborhoods more realistic. Is it possible?



Yes indeed!

Forgot to mention this one but it's dreadfully important IMO!

Just a simple rounded piece of road, allowing cars to drive in a circle and back up the street - rather than a ugly dead end.

In Australia we call them 'courts'.

andreharv
Posts: 12
Joined: 02 December 2010, 04:55

Re: [MAIN TOPIC] Mod Requests Thread

Postby andreharv » 25 October 2011, 07:13

I don't know if this was ever requested (though it probably was) but would it be possible to allow imported passengers to be able to inhabit business hotels or simply transit to commercial and industrial buildings? An added plus would be if these imported citizens could increase the population indicator.

jim_1618
Posts: 3
Joined: 26 October 2011, 13:14

Re: [MAIN TOPIC] Mod Requests Thread

Postby jim_1618 » 26 October 2011, 13:20

Hi everybody
i want to know if it's possible to have a magnify tool like mod in the game.
My 40" monitor is 4 meters away and its difficult to see the description text of the buildings.

general solomon
Posts: 5
Joined: 26 October 2011, 05:47

Re: [MAIN TOPIC] Mod Requests Thread

Postby general solomon » 27 October 2011, 16:20

would be possible to have weather in the game? I would love to build a wintery city with snow falling and road and homes covered in snow.


Return to “Custom Content Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests