[MOD] Increase in traffic capacity

Moderator: Focus Team

Frode789

Re: [MOD] Increase in traffic capacity

Postby Frode789 » 15 November 2010, 16:26

Nice. I agree that street and road capacity is unrealistically low. Would be nice if the capacity on larger roads was only increased with 5-6% or so, as I think they are more realistic. Just nit-picking though :p Thanks again.

JAPerson34

Postby JAPerson34 » 27 November 2010, 17:15

Any mod that gives us more realistic traffic numbers I am all for. However, I would like to see a much bigger increase. My idea was to start with the small farm road. Increase it's capacity by 50%. That should allow for 10 houses vs only 6 now. Then increase each upgrade by a multiple of 5 starting with the small farm road. This then allows more of branch like structure which is more realistic. (5 smaller roads leading to the next upgradable road.)

Small Farm Road = 15
Small Road = 75.
Road = 375.
Small Ave = 1875.
Large Ave = 9375.
Expressway = 46875.

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 27 November 2010, 17:33

JAPerson34 wrote:Any mod that gives us more realistic traffic numbers I am all for. However, I would like to see a much bigger increase. My idea was to start with the small farm road. Increase it's capacity by 50%. That should allow for 10 houses vs only 6 now. Then increase each upgrade by a multiple of 5 starting with the small farm road. This then allows more of branch like structure which is more realistic. (5 smaller roads leading to the next upgradable road.)

Small Farm Road = 15
Small Road = 75.
Road = 375.
Small Ave = 1875.
Large Ave = 9375.
Expressway = 46875.

Expressway allows 3 lanes in each direction.

46875 cars per minute is 781.25 cars per second. On a road with 6 lanes. Um...

WilliamL

Postby WilliamL » 27 November 2010, 18:34

Well I do think the mod is working since Im feeling that the roads on my city with 8 million inhabitants is not jammed up totally :) However, is it hard to change so the roads can handle even more?

Cheers :)

City Builder

Postby City Builder » 28 November 2010, 06:42

No, it's not difficult at all, just gotta have a little more time for me to do it. It's just a matter of editing a file and then repackaging it as a patch file. Anybody can do it if they so please.
All posts on this forum from me are mine, and do NOT represent Focus Home Interactive unless stated otherwise.
EX-Moderator of Cities XL forums

WHEN YOU ARE TIRED OF GAMES OF DESTRUCTION - Visit CITY BUILDER GAMES FOR GAMES OF CONSTRUCTION.

JAPerson34

Postby JAPerson34 » 28 November 2010, 18:28

mr-tom wrote:Expressway allows 3 lanes in each direction.

You are counting cars per second while I am counting house per road/avenue/expressway.

The problem is the game says these roads are rated as per minutes when actually it is per day. How else can a dead end farm road rated as 10 cars per minute with 10 houses be maxed? The game treats as if all the traffic on that road happens in the same minute. The problem is better seen when you have a jammed up express way with only 640 houses. So the numbers have to be inflated to correct this error allowing more houses along a simple road.

46875 cars per day breaks down to 32 cars per minute.

JAPerson34

Postby JAPerson34 » 28 November 2010, 18:35

WilliamL wrote:Well I do think the mod is working since Im feeling that the roads on my city with 8 million inhabitants is not jammed up totally :) However, is it hard to change so the roads can handle even more?

Cheers :)

Without the mod, I can get 22 houses on a farm road, but the factories must be on that same road so where most of the sims are walking to work. I can build big cities without traffic problems too. But I love building subdivisions which are common in all cities. But the low road ratings won't allow me to build realistic ones.

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 29 November 2010, 00:03

JAPerson34 wrote:
mr-tom wrote:Expressway allows 3 lanes in each direction.

You are counting cars per second while I am counting house per road/avenue/expressway.

The problem is the game says these roads are rated as per minutes when actually it is per day. How else can a dead end farm road rated as 10 cars per minute with 10 houses be maxed? The game treats as if all the traffic on that road happens in the same minute. The problem is better seen when you have a jammed up express way with only 640 houses. So the numbers have to be inflated to correct this error allowing more houses along a simple road.

46875 cars per day breaks down to 32 cars per minute.

The game quotes all road capacities in cars per minute. I think that using any other units is going to cause confusion. :oops:

AzemOcram

Postby AzemOcram » 01 December 2010, 06:11

I wish there was an option to vary open/close times of businesses to double or triple rush hour so more cars can go on a road throughout a day with less congestion.

By the way, does this expand coverage of services?
"Words are words, explanations are explanations, but only performance matters."

jobass24us

Postby jobass24us » 04 April 2011, 13:27

Personally I would like to see a higher increase in traffic capasity. I know it would probably be considered cheating but right now the roads become congested way to easy.

Return to “Custom Content Forum”