[MOD] Increase in traffic capacity

Moderator: Focus Team

Rene

Re: [MOD] Increase in traffic capacity

Postby Rene » 20 April 2011, 18:21

Does this mod affect Pharmist's Genius XL boulevard and 8 lane road mods? (capacity's are 280 cars / min)

Is it true that in CXL2011 road networks there is really no speed setting, just the amount of car flow per min?
A fine site xlnation.net and a big mod database xlnation.net/xlex

Check out all my Cities XL mods: Rene's Cities xl mods

Elmo
Moderator ; End 2010 Award - Best User Requested Mods
Moderator ; End 2010 Award - Best User Requested Mods

Postby Elmo » 20 April 2011, 23:32

Rene wrote:Does this mod affect Pharmist's Genius XL boulevard and 8 lane road mods? (capacity's are 280 cars / min)

Nope. It only affects the roads originally present in the game.

Rene wrote:Is it true that in CXL2011 road networks there is really no speed setting, just the amount of car flow per min?

Nope. Every road has a set capacity and maximum travel speed. That is why cars prefer to go on the bigger roads because they can drive faster (and reach their destination quicker), just like in real life.

Rene

Postby Rene » 23 April 2011, 19:02

I reckon this mod is also for highway?

What would it be, if for example expressway have capacity of 160 cars, what it is after installing this mod? Or what is the capacity for highways with 320 cars?

astrodude1

Postby astrodude1 » 05 July 2011, 23:35

I'm having trouble understanding how to make this mod work. I'm not very knowledgeable about mods and such stuff, so I'd wonder if someone could explain for me how to install it? If it's for any help, I've got windows 7... thanks in advance!

//astrodude1

(No need for help now, made it work myself...)

Rene

Postby Rene » 26 September 2011, 23:33

While this is a great mod and eases traffic congestion and noise pollution, offices that are right next to for example an expressway will start to go out of business because of increased amount of traffic.

X-Flame

Postby X-Flame » 27 September 2011, 10:55

Why would you build Offices right next to main arteries anyway? O_o

snick25
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support
Mid 2011 Awards - Best Technical Support

Postby snick25 » 27 September 2011, 12:43

Well, where I live, most big office complexes/highrises are built near a main artery leading into/out of the city, as it is more accessible to workers and business traffic.

Rene

Postby Rene » 27 September 2011, 19:17

Yes it's perhaps not the amount of traffic - the increased, but the increased amount of side-effects that an increased amount of traffic produces, why offices start to go out off business, quality of life is weakened. Of course the scale of satisfaction can be increased with such as parks, but yes, amount of traffic is a key factor.

Perhaps this mod is sort of a radical version, and a lighter version could be needed.

To ease traffic it is good to use such as avenues, expressways and highways, and of course, public transport.

City Builder

Postby City Builder » 12 October 2011, 00:50

Well, also make sure that you don't have any other mods installed that could cause this effect. I'm not saying that this mod isn't causing it, (it likely is) - just make sure it's not some other mod installed that might be causing it.

I've not had problems using this mod only in my games with any buildings going out of business thus far that I've played with it in my game.

leipero

Postby leipero » 29 December 2011, 01:50

City Builder wrote:Hello,

It's been bugging me in my game that some of the smaller roads have such low traffic capacity that they are always showing as congested so I've altered the traffic capacity of all the roads in the game. Just very slightly to start with, as I don't want to make traffic inconsequential, but I do want to raise traffic capacity a little bit as I feel it is far too low on some of the roads (mostly the smaller roads the larger roads seem to be ok, but I've raised the capacity on the larger roads as well as the smaller roads just for good measure).

Mod File Name: RoadCapacityIncrease_City_Builder_2011
Mod Version 1.0
Mod Description: Raises traffic capacity on all roads a very small amount (aproximately 10 to 15%)

edit: If people want a full relief from traffic, it seems that we can do that, but I don't want to go to the trouble if people don't want it, so request if you want and I'll take care of it for you (or you could learn to mod yourself and just adjust my mod here using the tools in the modding index - Be sure to share it if you make an all traffic capacity alleviation mod)

Ok, here is your MOD edited, i wonder why you didn't do that anyway? What i did, is in first x2 version, just did a capacity x2 on your MOD. On 2nd version, it greens out all roads in 15 000 000 pop city, but it will not work without other mods i assume, freight etc. And, well, it is cheat. Thank you for mode, and here is those two files in case someone want it, but don't want to bother with modding.

Attachments don't work, so here it is, hope is not against the rules. http://www.multiupload.com/I67WZUXE8U

EDIT: Here is more radical (i think) change of this mode, with jamratio parameters changed. http://www.multiupload.com/67F8HVCCJB
Last edited by leipero on 30 December 2011, 04:54, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Custom Content Forum”