No Air Pollution Mod

Moderator: Focus Team

No Air Pollution Mod

Postby Flux45 » 03 November 2010, 19:35

i am using the no air pollution mod, as found in the forum modding index (author jermey12), and it seems to eliminate operating costs for power plants and possibly other facilities. I was at population 500k and monthly income of around $20k, after installing this mod it elimated pollution but also shot my monthly income upwards of $200k per month. This is a little too much of a "cheat" for my tastes and was wondering if
a) other people had this effect
b) is there an alternative that helps eliminate air pollution without placing parks everywhere. I remember using the Air Cleaner Tower mod in SC4 and loved it. anything like that around?

the mod description mentions nothing about reducing operating costs, so is this a bug for cities 2011, i think this was a cities xl original mod.

Thanks guys!!
Flux45

Re: No Air Pollution Mod

Postby Elmo » 03 November 2010, 20:52

Welcome to the forums, Flux45!

I am using that mod, too. I observed the same effect when I first installed it - my income went up significantly. Furthermore, the mod increases the production of power plants.

I am not aware of any other mod that deals with pollution. I don't think that CXL parks lower the pollution, either. But your idea about a building that decreases pollution is nice, although I think that's a way to cheat, too :)

I will try to contact the creator of the mod and ask them whether they can balance it more. If not, then I will try to do it.

I will post here when I know more.
Elmo
Moderator ; End 2010 Award - Best User Requested Mods

Postby Flux45 » 03 November 2010, 22:12

Wow thanks Elmo. Yeah the Air Pollution mod is more of a cheat where the Air Towers are more of an edge :) At least thats how i justify it in my mind haha.
Are the power plants the only operating costs eliminated that you know of? I just didnt see that anywhere in the description of the mod.
Again thanks for your help
Flux45

Postby Elmo » 04 November 2010, 00:49

Flux45 wrote:Are the power plants the only operating costs eliminated that you know of? I just didnt see that anywhere in the description of the mod.
Again thanks for your help

I do not know about any other operating costs that are being eliminated by the mod. I sent a PM to the creator on the Simtropolis forums since he/she isn't registered here. I'll post here when I know more.
The description is not full. There is nothing mentioned about operating costs and increased production as far as I remember. More info here: http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=403&threadid=115524&enterthread=y
Elmo

MOD Problem/Bug "Air pollution reducer"

Postby Laaarts » 15 November 2010, 01:52

Hello again, im here with a new problem :P

Ok so i am using the no air pollution mod, as found in the forum modding index (author jermey12), and the first hour using this mod everything went just fine, no air pollution and my overall income rised maybe 200-300%. But later when i checked my manufacturing and heavy industry facilitys noone of them are making any profit even though it says that its resources sold are at 100%. I can't really remember if my overall city profit went down or anything but when i press the profit button at the right of the screen in the economy section there are 2 building that are green and the rest got like a yellow/green color witch must mean they earn something because otherwise they would have been red, right?. The 2 facilitys that are green actually makes profit to 100%, so is this just a bug that shows no profit even though they make profit to 100% or do they actually dont make any profit? .. i will post 2 screenshots .. maybe they will help to solve this.

//Tommy

Laaarts

Re: MOD Problem/Bug "Air pollution reducer"

Postby keeda » 15 November 2010, 02:45

There is certainly a "bug" in that particular mod... Also I noticed that the electric utilities give pays you instead of costing you... This was brought up in the Custom Content Forum....
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1383 (No Air Pollution Mod). There are other air pollution reducers in the modding index, particularly "New Park (povis123)" and the three mods by (Goldiva) which are the Small & Big Tree Plazas and the Environmental Agency. All are excellent IMHO. The only mod I found which completely rids pollution without a cost was karel53's "token_mod.pak" ... link found in the modding index thread.
keeda

Re: MOD Problem/Bug "Air pollution reducer"

Postby Laaarts » 15 November 2010, 03:01

Hey, i kinde depend on this mod to work because in that hour it worked properly i started buyng alot of expenssive things like leisure, landmarks, alot of bus stations, metro, docks, and all those things cost alot every month and i tried to remove this mod and my income got to -120 000 ^^ hehe .. so i really need this mod to work. Ive removed some things that i could do but other things i need and sure i can remove them but my city will collapse and die if i do since it has grown alot now.

The mod "New Park (povis123)", i tried that one before i tried this no pollution mod and i saw that this park cost aloot every month 30 000+ compared to 3000 for a normal park, sure it remove some pollution but i wont afford it if i play without this bugged mod ^^, but im gonna try that one u mentioned last, but i dont think it will increase my money production ^^

Thanks for your help and fast answer btw! <3 :)
Laaarts

Return to Custom Content Forum