Rob
End 2010 Award - Best Tool

Re: 2011 Modification Manager [Updated 11-13-2010]

Postby Rob » 14 November 2010, 23:12

Thanks! :-)

I'd like to translate it into german.

My secondary language is Deutsch. :-)

Though this idea is still planted firmly in my head, it will be very time consuming and might take a good entire days work before any releasable results would be present (I Don't have the time currently). and then would double any time it currently takes to get an update out due to the extra work involved. After the next update all working alterations should be within the program (At least from the indexes point of view which is still missing some French work.) thats when I would like to start having multiple versions as updates would be a bit fewer depending on how many alterations are released in a given week.

If you would honestly like to help, hit me up, I am sure this goal will be set within a week or so.

On an entirely separate note, I am curious how well people like the multiple installer (Snapping Streets).... that is how I plan to place skimbos train patch inside the application.
I Support The Cannabis Act of 2012 - Legalize, Because It Makes Sense...
I am a Software Developer & Conservative Republican & I Am Voting Yes.

Kindar

Postby Kindar » 15 November 2010, 15:57

out of curiosity, is there any chances your Manager will be able to handle "PAKs" at some point? like all those that Karel53 has made?

Rob

Postby Rob » 16 November 2010, 09:34

"PAKs" at some point?

Yup. The application itself is ready for .Pak files. the only thing i have not done so far is finish writing the functions that would come to pass if a .pak file is needing to either be written or merely encountered. So it is just a matter of time. :-)

keeda

Postby keeda » 17 November 2010, 03:40

something to consider for the future is the ability to have "sets" or groups" of mods/pak files. This way we can easily load a given "set" based on either testing compatibility or different city objectives/playability. I know you're busy but just for future reference.

anton95

Postby anton95 » 17 November 2010, 14:25

Rob wrote:Thanks! :-)

I'd like to translate it into german.

My secondary language is Deutsch. :-)

Though this idea is still planted firmly in my head, it will be very time consuming and might take a good entire days work before any releasable results would be present (I Don't have the time currently). and then would double any time it currently takes to get an update out due to the extra work involved. After the next update all working alterations should be within the program (At least from the indexes point of view which is still missing some French work.) thats when I would like to start having multiple versions as updates would be a bit fewer depending on how many alterations are released in a given week.

If you would honestly like to help, hit me up, I am sure this goal will be set within a week or so.

On an entirely separate note, I am curious how well people like the multiple installer (Snapping Streets).... that is how I plan to place skimbos train patch inside the application.

When I you need me to translate I´ll do it. Write a PM or Mail. anton95.rct@googlemail.com.
My English isn´t the best but my German is. (And translating English -> German is much easier than German -> English...) And I have to say, I don´t understand all of things you said in your post.
Aja and I found a bug in the program. The tool tips of the three buttons (top right) is the same. Always "Quite".
Last edited by anton95 on 17 November 2010, 19:49, edited 1 time in total.
Gesprochene Sprache(n): Deutsch Englisch
Spoken languages: German English

mr-tom

Postby mr-tom » 17 November 2010, 19:36

It isn't generally a good idea to post email addresses publicly.

Oliver

Postby Oliver » 17 November 2010, 19:42

When I you need me to translate I´ll do it. Write a PM or Mail. anton95.rct@googlemail.com.
My English isn´t the best but my German is. (And translating English -> German is much easier than German -> English...) And I have to say, I don´t understand all of things you said in your post.
Aja and I found a bug in the program. The tool tips of the tree buttons (top right) is the same. Always "Quite".

If you shouldn't be sure in your translation you could PM it me. For better understanding in german: Ich werd's gerne Korrekturlesen ;)
Best Regards
Oliver - the epic green monsterlike writerperson

anton95

Postby anton95 » 17 November 2010, 19:45

My English isn´t as bad as you are thinking. The one word I didn´t know, well, google and leo.org helped!

@ mr.tom, this is my E-Mail adress I use for things like this (post it in a Forum, Register on Website) and yes, it is ful of spam. But for important things and E-Mail to friends, I´ve got another one, which I had never and will never post on any Website.
Gesprochene Sprache(n): Deutsch Englisch
Spoken languages: German English

Rob

Postby Rob » 18 November 2010, 07:44

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Aja and I found a bug in the program. The tool tips of the tree buttons (top right) is the same. Always "Quite".

I marked it on the list, thanks for letting me know, this will be fixed in the next update.

As for timelines.

I have just been given a ton of projects at work, making daily coding for the application impossible this week (My load should loosen up by Friday afternoon) I will most likely have a release on Saturday afternoon.

I want to thank you guys for being helpful when it comes to translation, plan on hearing an update on translation this weekend. it seems i am going to have to play that one by ear.

And for those of you still learning English don't be afraid to ask for confirmation o certain meetings. I know some phrases can be confusing....try learning German! LOL.

:-)

something to consider for the future is the ability to have "sets" or groups" of mods/pak files. This way we can easily load a given "set" based on either testing compatibility or different city objectives/playability. I know you're busy but just for future reference.

I agree, and i believe (at the current moment) that i will be moving this direction with the application.

Thanks again.

Return to “Custom Content Forum”