2011 Mod Manager (Plaza XL) || Updated 04-03-2011

Moderator: Focus Team

anton95

Re: 2011 Modification Manager [Updated 11-13-2010]

Postby anton95 » 19 November 2010, 16:44

And another thing. Can't see the Mods I have installed.
Gesprochene Sprache(n): Deutsch Englisch
Spoken languages: German English

Rob
End 2010 Award - Best Tool

Postby Rob » 19 November 2010, 17:23

Can't see the Mods I have installed.

Huh? Please Explain?
I Support The Cannabis Act of 2012 - Legalize, Because It Makes Sense...
I am a Software Developer & Conservative Republican & I Am Voting Yes.

aleksander

Postby aleksander » 20 November 2010, 17:20

hello rob

i can not load any more mods to manger can please explain why

Elmo
Moderator ; End 2010 Award - Best User Requested Mods

Postby Elmo » 20 November 2010, 21:38

I just updated manually to version 1.2 (since the automatic update didn't do anything - the progress bar didn't fill up at all). And I got this error when clicking on the button with the shopping cart:

Furthermore, mousing over any of the three buttons at the top right corner displays the caption "quit".

After uninstalling the manager and installing it fresh I don't get the error any more. The caption is still wrong, though :)

Thanks for all your hard work ;)

Rob

Postby Rob » 20 November 2010, 22:41

i can not load any more mods to manger can please explain why

I sense a barrier of some sort when it comes to your description. The manager itself does not load modifications that you may have built, or downloaded manually (As of yet, I am currently coding that portion in), If you are having trouble installing and uninstalling modifications from the alteration browser inside the program, then a private message with a screen-shot would help. Otherwise each update will include more publicly released modifications within the browser. Sorry if this has caused any inconvenience on your end.

I just updated manually to version 1.2 (since the automatic update didn't do anything - the progress bar didn't fill up at all). And I got this error when clicking on the button with the shopping cart:

I am glad that its working with a fresh installation. do you think you may have missed an update? the reason for this error would be a failure to update the alteration browser because of something missing in the program. in any case i will be searching this one out for the next few hours to ensure that this wont happen again.

The caption is still wrong, though :)

Has been marked on the list for tonight's update.

Elmo

Postby Elmo » 21 November 2010, 00:11

Rob wrote:

I am glad that its working with a fresh installation. do you think you may have missed an update? the reason for this error would be a failure to update the alteration browser because of something missing in the program. in any case i will be searching this one out for the next few hours to ensure that this wont happen again.

Yes, I probably missed an update. I didn't play the game much over the last few weeks and I don't think I've used the mod manager recently, so maybe that was the problem.
Anyway, if the automatic update feature works properly then this problem shouldn't occur. I suppose that the automatic update only has the latest update included, which prevents people with an older version to be able to use it.

Here are some notes on the mod manager which are rather unimportant, I must say. But anyway, they would make the tool slightly better in my opinion.

1. It would be nice to have the date of when the mod was added to the manager (or updated) on the screen where we choose which ones we want to install. This would make it easier to be organised.

2. It would also be nice to have the ability to mark some mods that we do not want to install - so we don't have to go over them each time we are browsing for new mods. However, this would be unnecessary if you implement the date thing which will allow us to view the most recent mods at the top / bottom.

3. If I choose to sort the mods available for download by any criteria and then right click on a mod and install it, the sorting reverts back to the original order and I have to sort it again. Also, the original order lacks sense to me - it is neither alphabetical, nor by date, or by author, or type, or even mod ID... I'm a bit of a freak and I enjoy a sensible order :)

4. There are typos in the description of the "Commerce Improvement Project" addon. The game's name is typed "Cities-XL" (Cities XL is the proper name, isn't it?). The next sentence states "Offices Hotels will now demand..." and it is slightly unclear if this applies to both hotels and offices or to hotels only. There is a double space between the words "offices" and "hotels" and hotels is spelled with a capital letter. I know that these don't matter much, but I'm too much of a perfectionist :lol:

5. Another typo - the description of the "No Avenue Palm Trees" mod also has a word with a capital letter in the middle of a sentence.

6. The "New Traffic Map" addon lacks a description.

Rob

Postby Rob » 21 November 2010, 03:55

I know that these don't matter much, but I'm too much of a perfectionist

5. Another typo - the description of the "No Avenue Palm Trees" mod also has a word with a capital letter in the middle of a sentence.

6. The "New Traffic Map" addon lacks a description.

I will be honest and let you know I have a problem with capital letters. I am tri-lingual in many senses and I tend to place grammar marks from other languages in my sentences causing issues if i write too fast....I do this project with very limited time...I write fast and when I do I tend to loose sight of structure. LOL. Thanks though, I promise I will get these fixed.

Also i have noted your suggestions on feature additions and will be working on them in the near future. :-)

Rob

Re: 2011 Modification Manager [Updated 11-21-2010]

Postby Rob » 21 November 2010, 11:27

Update Version 1.30 Released
Main Download: Live
Auto Updater: Live
Manual Update: Live

Code: Select all

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Release Version 1.30 { 11/21/2010 @ 2:25 Hours Mountain Standard Time }
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Changed Alteration Browser Layout
- Introduced automatic sorting by name in Alteration Browser
- Introduced Action Log for easy confirmation of commands
- Appended New Modification ‘Super Silo + Fertilizer’
- Appended New Modification ‘Dutch Police Vehicles’
- Appended New Modification ‘Ploppable Sandbox’
- Appended New Modification ‘Utopian Environment Agency’
- Appended New Modification ‘Environmental Agency’
- Appended New Modification ‘Goldivas Densely Treed Plaza’
- Appended New Modification ‘Goldivas Tree Plaza’

Capz

Postby Capz » 21 November 2010, 16:00

Rob wrote:
Can't see the Mods I have installed.

Huh? Please Explain?

What he meant was (I have same issue) when you a mod it says Successfully installed, but when you go back to main "page" the list of installed mods is still empty.

Rob

Re: 2011 Modification Manager [Updated 11-21-2010]

Postby Rob » 21 November 2010, 19:52

What he meant was (I have same issue) when you a mod it says Successfully installed, but when you go back to main "page" the list of installed mods is still empty.

I have located the general area where this issue is occurring. However, this issue seems to be limited to certain people. I will be contacting the 'in person' testers within the ext hour to see if i can get some immediate information. I will keep you guys posted on this. Is there anything about your computers operating system that you think would distinguish it from most others? (Ie. Modification).

Thanks for the heads up.

Return to “Custom Content Forum”