[MOD]: Ploppable Sandbox (updated 20/04/2011)

Moderator: Focus Team

fuqthegovt

Re: [MOD]: Ploppable Sandbox (updated 20/04/2011)

Postby fuqthegovt » 20 April 2011, 03:47

woot ty :D

Georgie81

Postby Georgie81 » 27 April 2011, 08:59

Hi there, just would like to know if this mod is working...I installed it as above and started the game and nothing seems to work...no added buildings nothing...is there something I can do to make it work...thankx

Elmo
Moderator ; End 2010 Award - Best User Requested Mods

Postby Elmo » 27 April 2011, 14:23

Welcome to the forums, Georgie81!

Of course it is working. Did you install it at the right place? All mods need to be put in the Paks folder inside the Cities XL 2011 folder. You can also put them in a subfolder in the Paks folder.

If the mod is installed properly, you will see the added buildings in the utilities menu - the one with a picture of a light bulb.

bigfootballer7

Postby bigfootballer7 » 15 May 2011, 21:31

Hi,

I'm having difficulty finding all of the buildings that are included in this mod...specifically the paradigm building and the transport hub. Also, when I place one of the "institute" buildings, the game seems to prevent me from creating, or even seeing, any of the other "institute" buildings in the menu.

I believe I installed the mod correctly, as I am using Plaza XL. The reason I'm posting is because I need to increase my freight capacity to sell off extra resources from the utilities building, but I can't find this transport hub to increase my freight capacity. Also, it would be nice to have the paradigm building you described in order to not have to worry about a near constant level of dissatisfaction with leisure and retail, no matter how many of each I place. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Elmo

Postby Elmo » 16 May 2011, 00:08

Hey bigfootballer7, welcome to the forums!

If you have some of the buildings then you must have the others too. It is not possible for the mod to conflict with any other mods.

I'm not 100% sure what do you mean by an "institute" building. Is it the type of building that provides +XX% to a resource? If yes, then there is no "institute" buildings added by the mod. There are, however, some "institute" buildings in the utilities menu by default. I suppose you have built one of them.

Also, the buildings added by the mod do not place any restrictions on construction, so building them should not disallow you from building anything else.

P.S. PlazaXL might still have the old version of the mod. I tried to update PlazaXL to check but I'm having some issues with it. You can check which version of the mod you have by looking at the file size. The new version is 37 kB, while the previous one that I released is 4 kB. If you have the old version I recommend you download the new one manually and place it in the "Paks" folder in your Cities XL 2011 folder. Make sure you delete the old version too.

Hope this helps ;)

bigfootballer7

Postby bigfootballer7 » 16 May 2011, 00:25

Hmm, that must be the case; it just confused me as I had never seen these buildings before, but no matter.

Ah, I checked my Paks folder and yeah, I do have the 4 kB version. I'll download the new version now. Thanks for your help, and thanks for all your mods, they're great! :D

Elmo

Postby Elmo » 16 May 2011, 00:49

Always happy to help :)

Now you should be able to see all the buildings. The version of the mod you had only adds two buildings so I guess you built one of the original "institute" buildings before.

Have fun playing ;)

Rene

Postby Rene » 21 May 2011, 18:16

I'm thinking could these, referring to the first post, be get as individual downloads? As i dislike having my menus bloated...
And I really look for e certain set.. like water, electricity, fuel, manufacturing, holidays & some more. Perhaps also a building(s) that provide workers, so I could have some people live in a neighboring city without actually spent time zoning there.
A fine site xlnation.net and a big mod database xlnation.net/xlex

Check out all my Cities XL mods: Rene's Cities xl mods

Elmo

Postby Elmo » 21 May 2011, 19:17

I chose the utilities menu because all the buildings there are also classified in its sub-menus, and you don't have to flick through all the added buildings to find the original ones. Anyway, I will release each building as an individual download as soon as possible.

Rene

Postby Rene » 21 May 2011, 20:06

Do as you wish, Im thinking I might just use the "original sandbox" which adds 2 buildings the other providing all resources and tokens and the other providing jobs. Dunno. Individual buildings (individual downloads) sounds good as well.

Could you perhaps also make buildings that provide workers (passengers)? Like 10 000 or 15 000 or 20 000 each?

Do as you wish.
A fine site xlnation.net and a big mod database xlnation.net/xlex

Check out all my Cities XL mods: Rene's Cities xl mods

Return to “Custom Content Forum”