[MOD]: Ploppable Sandbox (updated 20/04/2011)

Moderator: Focus Team

mr-tom

Re: [MOD]: Ploppable Sandbox

Postby mr-tom » 26 November 2010, 23:16

I'm also in the process of creating my own Omnicorp city. It's called "Hub".

mikemonk

Postby mikemonk » 08 December 2010, 06:55

This is a really nice mod overall! :D

Would it be possible though to break it up into many smaller buildings? Possibly create a building to generate only one resource, so over generating doesn't hurt our industries.

With the employer building, it would be helpful to have one for each class, so we can control where each class goes.

If possible, thanks.

Elmo
Moderator ; End 2010 Award - Best User Requested Mods

Postby Elmo » 08 December 2010, 18:25

I could do that. I did consider it when I was creating the mod.

However, there are 2 reasons for making the mod as it is.

1. Crashes. If you have one of those buildings in your city but you don't have the mod you won't be able to load your city. I do not want to cause problems to people who use my mods. I've had such issues with SC4 and they are very annoying. The reason behind such problems is that when you reinstall the game for any reason you usually don't have any mods. And it will be very hard to find all the mods that your city depends on, which is extremely annoying especially when lacking those mods causes crashes.
If I include a lot of buildings it will be really hard to get rid of all of them in order to uninstall the mod because it will be easy to miss one or a few if you try to remove them.

2. Poor modification possibilities given to modders. There is no way I can modify the appearance, or the name, or the info of the buildings I add. Therefore, adding many different buildings for each resource would mean that they either have to look the same, or to use different models of existing buildings in the game, which will make the whole thing quite confusing. Furthermore, it will be hard to find in the menu the specific building for the resource you want to get since I can't change any of their specifications.

I suggest you create another "Omnicorp - type" city and place the resource providing building there, and trade the resources to the cities you play. That way if you ever decide to remove the mod the cities that you play will be unaffected (besides losing all the resources the mod provides)

hazzabazza33

Postby hazzabazza33 » 11 December 2010, 04:52

Hi Elmo
When I try 2 download it it says ".patch file can't be found" or something like that. Do u have any ideas on what I could do because ur mod sounds awesome! I have had many problems with my city because of the typical negative cashflow
Thanks

Elmo

Postby Elmo » 12 December 2010, 14:42

hazzabazza33 wrote:Hi Elmo
When I try 2 download it it says ".patch file can't be found" or something like that. Do u have any ideas on what I could do because ur mod sounds awesome! I have had many problems with my city because of the typical negative cashflow
Thanks

I just downloaded it from the link provided in the first post without any problems.

If you still can't download the mod, I suggest you download Rob's Modification Manager - it's a great tool that allows you to easily install mods. If you continue to have problems, send me your email as a PM and I will email the mod to you.

Good luck ;)

hazzabazza33

Postby hazzabazza33 » 12 December 2010, 23:07

All good. Thanks :D

luiscurtolo

Postby luiscurtolo » 01 January 2011, 20:40

Hi...

this mod is incredible but it maybe ruined my city.

im kinda noob still... so maybe my question is just silly

i had this on going city with 500000 residents...

but it was lacking in food eletricity and stuff...

when i placed the resourses building, myindrustirs started to fail and banckrup saying that it was oo hard to sell... to decrease production or export.

its that effect of the resourse mod?
if it is... who to i deal with it?

thanks in advance.
cheers

dragoneyes001
End 2010 Award - Greatest Gameplay Innovation
End 2010 Award - Greatest Gameplay Innovation

Postby dragoneyes001 » 01 January 2011, 23:56

luiscurtolo wrote:Hi...

when i placed the resourses building, myindrustirs started to fail and banckrup saying that it was oo hard to sell... to decrease production or export.

thanks in advance.
cheers

you need to sell off the extra resources/industry because you now have tons being produced (go into trade window and sell off the extra food,high tech, heavy industry,manufacturing and offices so you only have about 2-5 excess tokens of each this should fix the problem your having.)

El L.A.V.

Postby El L.A.V. » 02 January 2011, 01:49

luiscurtolo wrote:Hi...

thanks in advance.
cheers

Your industries are failing due to the fact that the mod produces every resource. My suggestion would be to use my mods
(viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1813). There you will find a description of my mods. Just use the one that suits you best.
Guess who's back??
Any game can be made better by allowing users to mod. Thanks to all modders for helping make CXL a better game.
Also I speak fluent English (of course) and Spanish, so if a translation is needed feel free to tell me.

luiscurtolo

Postby luiscurtolo » 02 January 2011, 05:30

you need to sell off the extra resources/industry because you now have tons being produced (go into trade window and sell off the extra food,high tech, heavy industry,manufacturing and offices so you only have about 2-5 excess tokens of each this should fix the problem your having.)

thats not possoble as the mlb brings you 100 tolkens..... not that simple.

Your industries are failing due to the fact that the mod produces every resource. My suggestion would be to use my mods
(viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1813). There you will find a description of my mods. Just use the one that suits you best.

hey thanks... ill check this.

Return to “Custom Content Forum”